Lexington-Fayette, KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Lexington-Fayette
Most Recent Lexington-Fayette Camping Reviews
Hideaway says it all

First impression was not your typical campground. This is a climbers haven, so expect to see a lot of “down to earth”, modern “hippie” types in their converted/or not vans.

There are limited 30 amp sites and several sites with electric. Lazy Oaks and Piney are in the trees, Cardinal which is good for larger RVs is in the field , no shade. Then there are two wide open fields where you can set up wherever you please and a new area under construction as of Fall 2019. They are also constructing a new showerhouse. I spoke with the office ladies and they are pretty flexible with accommodating campers. The trails on site are being cleared. And there is breakfast for guests on certain mornings and a “shack” and pavilion for all to use. I stayed in the red roof cabin which was small but pretty awesome. Full kitchen, bathroom, gas fireplace heater and loft w/three beds. Then there’s the porch overlooking the little lake. There are several cabins of varying size to rent, one with a HOT TUB! Definitely worth a visit. Natural Bridge State Park is nearby as well as several adventure based businesses.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

Cute but noisy!

This campground has decent facilities and some shaded areas. The reason for my low rating is that it’s 11:00 pm and someone is singing karaoke. I mean loud, amplified country music sung badly. The current track is The Gambler, and I can hear it clearly over the music on my cell phone speaker. Very noisy campground on busy weekends, it seems. Bring earplugs. Unless you like to get drunk and sing Willie Nelson. Then you’ll fit right in.

Fun, good food, lots of people

Miguel’s is a cute and family friendly place where lots of campers gather. Is like camping in a backyard

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Relaxing and peaceful

We just spent a relaxing long weekend at this campground. Sites are level with electric and water at each one. They provided a fire ring and a picnic table for us. The bathrooms are kept very clean and offers quality toilet paper and paper towels. My grandkids loved playing in the river catching crawdads and tadpoles. Perfect for wading. We brought our kayaks and were shuttled up river by the staff. The staff are the friendliest and helpful people that you could ever meet. The hammock area set up by the river makes me want to go back and stay. I love this place and will definitely go back.

Daniel Boone National Forest

Loved this campground! Was near the red river gorge, which is such a beautiful area. Also, if you camp here, go check out nada tunnel! This is a must do in my opinion. This campground had very secluded sites, bathrooms and showers!

Fantastic Hiking to Natural Bridges; Dispersed Camping

Basic dispersed camping on Tunnel Ridge Rd managed by National Forest Service. No fee, but you do need a permit which you can buy at nearby town. Camping is in the forest, so lots of shade. There is no water. Trash disposal and vault toilets at the parking lots at trailheads. Many trails to view natural arches and bluff top / river views. This area attracts climbers and a few arrived around midnight, but weren't too noisy.

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

Our local go to spot

We love this place. It’s close to home so we know the good spots. Some are uneven and tight but most you have a nice yard. There is a primitive loop that you can camp On the lake. No swimming aloud they have a nice pool for that. There is hiking fishing golf mini golf tennis and playgrounds plus shelter rentals. They have a great Halloween month. Most sites are shaded.

Picturesque Bourbon Country

What an amazing stop & RV Park!!!!

We were in the area for a wedding and looking for something to do and Three Trees more than fit the bill.  We called a day or two ahead to reserve kayaks. We had a 4hr rental beginning at 11am, but were told there maybe some flexibility if we wanted to start early depending on other reservations.

We got into town earlier than expected and went over at 9:30 expecting to hang out in the picnic area or hike around to kill time, but the owners met us out front and got us straight on the water.  They were so nice and accommodating, it blew us away.  The RV park (full hookups) was very neatly kept and there are clean sizable shower/bathrooms at the office.

A fantastic experience. We'd do it again if we return to the area.

Decent for a quick stop

Located right off the interstate (a little noisy), road leading into campground is narrow and bumpy. Campground itself is pretty full of longterm residents, just a few daily spots available. Fairly narrow spots but it worked for a night or two for us. No frills.

Cozy, Friendly, and Perfectly Situated

Whittleton Campground is the perfect spot for the Red River Gorge Area. It's not overly large, which means no overcrowding. It's located by a stream producing water, and pleasant sounds to sleep by. It has a couple of trailheads near the campground so if you don't feel like driving out, you can still get some exercise. Amenities were clean and comfortable.

Okay tent site

Got here just after dark. Was a bit difficult finding the office. The office was closed but they left me information on my assigned site and a map. The tent sites are off a gravel, poorly maintained path that was difficult to locate in the dark. The site itself was okay but on a hill. The location was convenient and my pup enjoyed using the enclosed dog area to run around.

Small near lake

Small sites near the water

Beautiful, quiet, very nice staff

Whittleton Sites are level, not huge, well kept. Good mix of shade and sun. Small creek runs behind camper and tent sites. we plan on returning in a month for the fall leaves.

Super clean and well kept.

This site was awesome. Super clean, located right in the center of most of the good trailheads for the red river gorge area. A little on the cramped side if all of the sites are full you will be a little close to other campers, luckily it was not full when I went so that was not an issue. Drinking water and running water near the sites and plenty of restrooms close by. No showers near our site but we didn't stay long enough for that to be an issue.

The Sweet Spot

Turkey Foot Campground in McKee KY off of highway 587 is perfect for campers who like to rough it, but also likes to have a labratory near by. This is a free campsite with no electricity available. My kind of camping!

There is a river with in walking distance of all campsites for swimming, fishing and river walking!

Best staff, super clean, lots of activities

Easy pull through RV sites, some with patios, some extra room, mostly shaded. Kids enjoyed the pool, Gaga ball, playground, jumping pillow, and passport activities. Overall an excellent stay!

Entrance and exit are a bit steep, just take it slow :)

Great glamping spot

This is very good for a family that wants to camp. We stayed in the primitive campsite and it was clean and quiet. The grocery store and showers where very close by. They offer the opportunity to rent a golf cart for $25 a week. Fishing is also great!

Good Campground

Good Campground. Bath house were clean.

Awesome Campground

Campground is awesome. Very clean and a lot of great amenities

Large, busy and clean campground

This campground is right off 75, but you can’t hear or see the interstate. 260 sites, so large, but well laid out. Two large bathhouses, camp store, two playgrounds, basketball court, huge pool (real deep end). Horse park is connected, which you can go watch events, pond for fishing, museum, another playground and horses you can pay to ride. Sites are really level, should not need much to get level. Most sites have shade, lots of big trees. No full hookup, but water and 20/30/50. It can be busy, especially on weekends. Lots of golf carts, which is my only thing I do not like. Not real safe for kids to ride bikes on weekends. Stay here often.

I love this place

It was my first time camping. So much to do on site. Great shade. I love this place. Pet friendly.

Not my favorite

I think I'm spoiled to the koa campgrounds. Very dark ar night. Staff not friendly. Said they couldn't print a copy of what I paid. Very disappointing.

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

You I tu