Lexington-Fayette, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lexington-Fayette Camping Reviews
Excellent campground

An excellent campground for almost anyone.

Loved the hike

So much to do and see at Natural Bridge SP. Hoedown Island , the Skylift , the natural bridge , Fat Mans Misery and several other awesome trails , sites to see.

The campgrounds Whittleton and Middle Fork are newer but short on shade. Middle Fork is the larger area. Tent areas in both campgrounds. The thing I don’t care for at the park is all the areas are spread out.

Hideaway says it all

First impression was not your typical campground. This is a climbers haven, so expect to see a lot of “down to earth”, modern “hippie” types in their converted/or not vans.

There are limited 30 amp sites and several sites with electric. Lazy Oaks and Piney are in the trees, Cardinal which is good for larger RVs is in the field , no shade. Then there are two wide open fields where you can set up wherever you please and a new area under construction as of Fall 2019. They are also constructing a new showerhouse. I spoke with the office ladies and they are pretty flexible with accommodating campers. The trails on site are being cleared. And there is breakfast for guests on certain mornings and a “shack” and pavilion for all to use. I stayed in the red roof cabin which was small but pretty awesome. Full kitchen, bathroom, gas fireplace heater and loft w/three beds. Then there’s the porch overlooking the little lake. There are several cabins of varying size to rent, one with a HOT TUB! Definitely worth a visit. Natural Bridge State Park is nearby as well as several adventure based businesses.

Nice, basic campground

We stopped here passing through for 1 night.  My impression was that the camping area was a basic field with not much privacy between sites.  It's good we had a 50' hose because the water hook-up was with other faucets between a few sites.  Not with the electrical hook-up as we were used to seeing.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Red River Gorge

I thought it was a little too crowded for my liking. I prefer sites a little more secluded though. Still enjoyed my stay.

Cute but noisy!

This campground has decent facilities and some shaded areas. The reason for my low rating is that it’s 11:00 pm and someone is singing karaoke. I mean loud, amplified country music sung badly. The current track is The Gambler, and I can hear it clearly over the music on my cell phone speaker. Very noisy campground on busy weekends, it seems. Bring earplugs. Unless you like to get drunk and sing Willie Nelson. Then you’ll fit right in.

Fun, good food, lots of people

Miguel’s is a cute and family friendly place where lots of campers gather. Is like camping in a backyard

Walk through history

Fort Boonesborough SP is near I64 and I75 Between Lexington and Richmond , Ky. The Kentucky River is adjacent. I remember watching Daniel Boone in black and white when I was a kid. The Fort is very cool.

I imagine the staff here stays very busy considering the amount of people that pass through. Then there are those visitors that try to get the most for their money and stuff as many people as possible into one site. And my favorite, the ones that think it’s someone else’s responsibility to clean up their trash. So here’s a shout out to the people that do their best to keep it working and try to keep a professional smile on their face while putting up with the less then polite visitors.

Alrighty then…..nice enough busy campground with some sites definitely more preferable then others. Knowing the campground and reserving ahead always makes your stay better. We visited in the off season so did not have to worry about the crowds. Showerhouse was adequate and the sites reasonably level. Sort of a “every available spot” used kinda campground and I would not want to stay here when it is at full capacity. I’m here for the hiking mostly and enjoyed the trails and bridges. The Fort was VERY cool. If my kids were still at home this would definitely be a field trip location! In the area is the Beer Cheese Trail check it out!

Relaxing and peaceful

We just spent a relaxing long weekend at this campground. Sites are level with electric and water at each one. They provided a fire ring and a picnic table for us. The bathrooms are kept very clean and offers quality toilet paper and paper towels. My grandkids loved playing in the river catching crawdads and tadpoles. Perfect for wading. We brought our kayaks and were shuttled up river by the staff. The staff are the friendliest and helpful people that you could ever meet. The hammock area set up by the river makes me want to go back and stay. I love this place and will definitely go back.