Camping in Duncanon

349 Reviews of 52 Duncanon, Kentucky Campgrounds

aThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Not an RV Park

This place is not an RV park. This is only a parking place behind buildings just off the main road. Yes they do have hook ups but this is not the nicest area and you are sharing a pool with the Budget Inn hotel guest. There are only a few spots to park. Yea you are close to a few restaurants but…

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Very hilly

The site I was in was on such a steep hill I left early because I was afraid I would break my leg getting in and out if my camper.

A
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Very quiet camping

One side of the campground is back open and looking great! Campground is very clean and quiet with drinking water and vault toilets. Most of the sites have stairs from parking spot to camp area. Sites are spaced out pretty nicely to give some privacy. You can still walk across the bridge to get to…

John D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Natural Bridge

This was a a beautiful state park. We had a great campsite along the river. Clean campground, friendly staff. Great hiking trails. The hike to Natural Bridge is a must. The views are awesome. We had lunch at the lodge. The food was par for state park lodges, no complaints.

SiteB-10
K
Reviewed Jun. 12, 2021

Nice sites

We stayed in the A loop first night. Sites are roomy and level. Perfect. Next we stayed in the B loop much smaller. Otherwise we’ll kept grounds. Would recommend

SiteB116
Vinny K.
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Great

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.. firewood delivered to campsite and very helpful

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Great campsite

Great campground in Berea KY. Easy to get to, just off I75 at route 21. The sites were spacious and well cared for, and all are pull through. Picnic table and fire pit at each site. Some sites were shaded by trees, others were open. All sites had water, power and sewer. Onsite propane and small…

• Berea College Forest, Indian Fort Mountain
  • Indian Fort Lookout
  • Indian Fort Lookout
A
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Quiet and simple

I stayed 3 nights and I was the only person there the whole time. My site was a good size, a nice camping pad, picnic table, fire ring,  Clean bathrooms, multiple water taps. Note there is a shooting range nearby, I think the hours were 9am-9pm. Didn't bother me during the day, but definitely could…

Lena L.
Reviewed May. 29, 2021

The perfect hideaway

Really loved staying here- close enough to the beautiful hikes and climbs of the area, and far enough to feel really private and woodsy. Since it was so warm, we took a dip in the lake. Our site was spacious and pretty, with plenty of room for our two tents and a hammock. I will say we found a few…

Ricky
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

Very nice

The park was very clean and well maintained the people in the office were very nice also

Site27 and 29
T
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Great stay with silence

Campers paradise, with a FREE campground. Campsites are spacious depending on which one you get, and we'll spread out. Be wary of shy bears and bobcats.

T
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Closed

Campground is closed, but the boat launch is open. Might be able to park in boat launch parking. Clean pit toilets.

Samantha S.
Reviewed May. 14, 2021

Miguel’s

Definitely climbers retreat. Beautiful area. Right next to beautiful natural bridge state park. Food in the area is just OK.

Amanda S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 11, 2021

Cute but small

We decided to go down for a weekend to see how we'd like it. It's situated high up on the Kentucky river bank which is nice but there's little access to the riverbank except from the floating dock and boat ramp. When we arrived there was left overs from the previous flood which made it very muddy.…

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Pictures, is not what you get

Think twice about a river lot, they are 50’ up from the river. Like a lot of CG in the north, they save the the good spots for the regular’s. WiFi works well if you catch it early. 3-4am. No cell (T-Mobile or ATT)