Camping in Asphalt

184 Reviews of 19 Asphalt, Kentucky Campgrounds

Carolyn K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Peaceful

Despite Hurricane Ida I'm the midst of my stay, camp hosts very nice. Clean and very well maintained grounds

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Best for Mammoth Cave

The campground is cute and less than 15 mins to the Mammoth Cave National Park visitor Center. Nothing fancy, older bathhouse, small pond and large field for kids to explore. Some spots are snug. Owner is great and very helpful!

Month of VisitOctober
Evan G.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Needs some love

The camp ground itself isn't bad. I don't think it's quite up to the usual KOA standards. Bathrooms were centrally located which was fine unless you're tent camping on the outer edge. The shower curtains were moldy and the bathrooms seemed a little run down, but everything functioned well.

Some…

G
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Singing Hills RV Park - Nice setting

Arrived June 7, 2021, stayed 3 nights. Basic, clean, peaceful setting.. stayed at site 31, and good space on one side between other campers. Nice tree lined areas. Very convenient for Mammoth Cave. Did not use the facilities on this trip. Would come again.

Nice trip

I like the pretty lots, that were mostly flat for camping. Siri so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Beautiful camping trip

I’ve stayed all over the mammoth cave area and this is a beautiful place to stay as well. I keep coming back because it’s so pretty!

Loved this camping area!

I love camping in this area! Mammoth caves is so beautiful every time I camp there I see deer running through my camping site. It’s so beautiful I will come back again and again!

Yondering R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Kids LOVED it

Several pools to choose from, plus a beach and water obstacle course—our kids thought they’d found paradise! The bathhouses were clean, if not the newest we’ve seen. Close proximity to Mammoth Cave. Don’t miss the Amish bakery/cafe nearby!

Scott W.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Golf Cart Silliness

5½ mph speed limit does not apply to golf carts. As a campground that rents them out, you would think they would restrict their equipment to follow their set speed limits

C
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

No electric, do dishwashing at the water hydrant was a pain.

Hiking near the visitor center was good although we had trouble finding longer trails. We didn't book far enough in advance to do anything but the self guided cave tour. However the outlaw wild cave tour at nearby Jesse James stables was fantastic.

Riley S.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Summer Fun

This is a nice quiet campground. I have taken my daughters here a few times. Swimming and tubing in the lake or even taking the pontoon boat out for a gathering on the island.

The campground is very clean and the camp hosts are amazing. Facilities are nice, showers and bathrooms. Close to town…

SiteE070
Winn V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2021

Perfect

Love this campground. National Park and you could tell. Nice store close, with clean showers. Bathroom clean. Site was secluded. Composite picnic tables which was nice. Nature everywhere. Will be back

Sitetents C03
Christina M.
Reviewed Jun. 28, 2021

Overall good with a few drawbacks

I was tent camping with my family Thursday-Saturday while visiting Mammoth Cave.

The good: the tent campground has spacious, level sites. The sites are located in a grove of pine trees, which makes for well shaded sites with a pleasant surface of soft pine straw to pitch your tents. A few…

• Fishing at Nolin Lake
SiteP16
Lisa D.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

No good

This campground should be nothing more then an overnight stop over. Small campground, no fire rings, rude camp host and over priced. I would not recommend.

Whitley S.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Huge Family Vacation Spot

This place makes the list each year for our family!! Each year we add people to tag along with us! This year 28 of us!! Kids Ages 3 months to 13 came along and had a blast!! This campground is the best one ever!!! Fun for all ages and plenty of activities in the park itself!! Plus there are many…

• onyx cave