Bargersville, INDIANA
Camping Indiana Bargersville
Most Recent Bargersville Camping Reviews
Great RV park

Great place for friends and families. Tons for both kids and adults. Super close to the lake and really nice facilities all around!

Secluded

My favorite forest with traditional camping, backwoods camping, and a wonderful secret pioneer cabin for rent. This is the best camping within an hour on Indianapolis and if your looking for free and solitary sites try the backwoods camping area for the low gap trail theres a parking lot there.

Clean, fun and family friendly

Wide pull through spots with fire pits, picnic tables and plenty of grass. Tons to do with the kids, organized activities are well done. Staff stays on top of everything and is super helpful. You can rent pedal bikes, pedal boats, store is well stocked.

Decent site for amphitheater camping

I stayed here in June and it was a pretty nice place. Several spots for tent camping, but several electric hookups were not functional. Bathrooms were not impeccable, but they were fairly updated. The only real problem we encountered was the dirt road through the site was difficult to navigate, even though it hadn’t rained for a few days. Just a lot of wear and tear. But super friendly campground, and will definitely return!

Always clean and well maintained.

We love it here. We reserve the same primitive campsite yearly for a full week for our anniversary. We love hiking the trails and riding our bikes as well as walking the whole park. It is always clean and very well maintained.

Just a few steps from the water.

I was very pleased with our camping expierence at this wonderful campground. 2 days wasnt nearly enough. My kids enjoyed nature, had stick wars, and my daughter learned a few things about fishing. Shower houses were clean. There was an activity center and each day they would have some sort of informational class. Plus, there were some nice playgrounds. The best part. Our campground lot was right down the hill from the lake. Great spot to just sneak away.

Adult weekend

We’ve been going here for adult weekend for a few years! Such a blast! Nice big camping spots and the lake is great!

Amazing sites on the ridge

Huge state park, with beautiful camping, hiking and mountain biking. Sites are large, in the woods and were awesome. Beware, there are rattle snakes. We saw a copperhead and a timber ridge rattle snake. One of the best camp experiences we have had.

Impressive Holiday KOA

We tented for two nights here. The lot was spacious but had a big hill, which made sitting in chairs around a camp fire interesting. The reason I was impressed was, let’s be honest, KOA holiday campgrounds tend to be loud and obnoxious. This isn’t a huge campground though, which kept those things in check.

The splash pad / water park was fun, but was not a pool. It only goes to 3 feet so if you want to swim this is not for you. The water was cold but my kiddos finally got in and had fun on the slides.

The balance between kid fun and peaceful nature is actually on point here. It was beautiful and peaceful but still a blast for kids with the water, playground, and even horses to view (not for riding). The one downfall was the wood prices. The bundles were $6.50 each and the entire bundle burned in about an hour. It can get expensive quick!

Favorite Campground

This is by far my favorite campground. It is nestled back in the woods of Brown County and is absolutely gorgeous, especially in the fall. It is very quiet. If you can, try and get a spot towards the front of the campground as the back has sites that are pretty steep.

Great State park

Nice state park with hiking trails. Close to town if you need to pick anything up.

Love it !!

Not only a great campground, but great owners as well !!

Truly a hidden paradise

Have been going to this campground all my life. I have never had a bad trip to this wonderful place

Beautiful Trails!

I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to do some light backpacking for an overnight/weekend trip! Wonderful trails, dog friendly and nice places to camp off the trail. Can’t wait to go back!

Heads up! Refill your water when you come across it; the lake is harder to get to than you think. I would also bring bug spray and check for ticks!

Mighty fine campground for a city

This place is pretty awesome. It's doesn't have any of the typical summer amenities like a pool but the ones it does have are in tip top shape. Campsites also don't have fire rings but there are a bunch of communal ones around the lake. Plus free communal firewood. The laundry and bathhouse is really stellar too. Clean and open 24/7. Plenty of washers and dryers. There are easy back-ins and pull-thrus. Think some of the pull-thrus are for group camping too the way it's set up. Dog park, free cable (like 60 channels!) and internet (haven't tested strength yet)! I dig it!

Nice, convenient

Convenient location. Clean restrooms & showers. Had a shady spot for our overnight tent stay. Quiet. Friendly staff.

Nice place to go

It is one of our favorites

Ghost town

Called when I was about 2 hours away and told them my ETA. Arrived at my estimated time 7:20 pm. No one in office, no instruction for self registration. Drove around to look at campsites & hopefully find someone. Restrooms & showers could use an upgrade. Saw some RVs & campers which appeared to stay there year around.

Hiking and camping

Had fun on the different trails, at the pool and the shade of our campground!

ABSOLUTELY THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!!

This is the best place to go!!  Around Brown County is beautiful! …went once, was hooked! I go back as often as possible! ….CAMPING AT ITS BEST!

A nice place to bring the kids.

I think this one is very good for kids. We enjoyed the pool. Had water spraying every which way, a couple slides and a big dump bucket. Deepest part was three foot. The other side is beach style for the little ones. Horse corral right smack in the campground. Chopped up apples and carrots to feed the horses everyday that we were here. Got ice cream, pizza and wings. And they deliver to your sight. Just the nicest folks. So other reviewers were right. One bath house 😬. Can hear traffic. And of coarse like most KOA close together. But over all I like this one a lot. We came for three nights and ended up staying five. Great for a family weekend.

A couple nights on the sycamore trail

Wonderful place. Excellent trail following a nice little stream along the one side. Being in a national forest dispersed camping is allowed if you follow leave no trace principals, but I stayed in a couple of the official sites. The official sites all had rock fire rings and bushcraft furniture.

The one negative was I did have to pack out previous campers trash along with my own. Being close to the college there was evidence that less than mature campers may frequent the area. That being said once on trail I didn’t see another soul past a couple hundred feet of the trail head and only heard a pair of hikers on the trail pass my camp site as I ate my breakfast the one morning.

A wonderful backpacking area!

A couple nights on the sycamore trail

A wonderful backpacking area!

Awesome campground hidden away

We went to White Rock on a tip from a family member who had seen videos about it. When we arrived we found it more than lived up to our expectations. It was reasonably priced, beautiful water, and some amazing jumps for kids of all ages. After a day full of platform jumps, rope swings, and zip lines we picked a campsite down by the Flat Rock river. We had a beautiful shady riverbank site where the kids could splash and float in the river while we cooked dinner. All in all we had a wonderful time in a beautiful hidden gem of a spot we never would have found just driving around.

Music Festival of a lifetime

Awesome 3 day weekend with live bands at Fern Hills Club ! Put this naturist campground on your must do list . Rock Naked Weekend gets better every year . Bring your golf cart ! There are 75 acres of trails to hike on or drive your golf cart on .

Camping with 5 & 6 yr old grandkids

We’ve stayed at a few Koa campgrounds and this one didn’t compare quite as expected. It’s small, clean and owners are very friendly and helpful but one stretch of sites (where we were) is tight, short  and cramped. We had four 90-degree day’s so the big plus was the pool. Although dated it was large, clean and refreshing. The sites are on large sharp rocks too (not gravel) which was challenging. Even on our large rugs I could not take a single step without shoes. I also felt bad that our campfire ring was at the back canvas opening of our neighboring camper and a little frustrated that I had to keep moving our 4 camp chairs each time we walked from our door to the truck. The owners did advise they were working on expanding those campsite spots which is good. Our grandkids didn’t care to play in the playground (clean but small and dated) but nice playgrounds were plenty in the Brown County State Park whose entrance is just across the road which gives location an A+. Famous Nashville, IN was just 2 miles away.. another location plus. We’d go back again but I’ll be more site picky next time… but I still won’t like the big rocks! I like a little barefoot time when camping!

Time to eat!

Ranger Review: Grubstick at Holiday KOA Greenfield, Indiana. Campground Review: So, I’ve said it before, KOA’s are not my kind of camping. However I find myself once again with a KOA yearly membership. Why? Because several of the people whom I camp with enjoy the WiFi and other perks of staying at a KOA. I met my brother and his wife at the Holiday KOA https://koa.com/campgrounds/indianapolis/ right outside Indianapolis, Indiana for a very wet tent camp out. I towed my redneck “tent platform” and brought along plenty of tarpage. No kayak, the weather actually dipped into the high thirty’s and I am not a cold weather kayaker. Perks of this KOA are a very nice playground and wading pool area. So if you have younger children, ideal for you. There is a nice size dog park and you can get a nice walk in around the campground. They have delivery style pizza right on site and some planned activities on weekends. There is the aforementioned WiFi and the latrine is newer but lacking in hooks ( I’m a big hook person, where else am I supposed to hang my bathroom bag and clothes while showering or grooming at the sink?) The other issue with the latrine is there is only ONE for the entire campground. This is a nice size campground and it can be a good hike from the backside to the latrine, I know this because I had to make that hike more then once. The other issue with that is not everyone is willing to walk that far when they need to go, so where do you suppose they take care of their business? …. exactly! And then there’s my same old complaint of they fit a camper or tent into every square meter of this park, it can get very full and crowded. Excuse me while I look in your window or can over hear every word you say. Holiday was very well maintained to the point of mowing while I’m trying to set up my area and blowing grass all over everything, please don’t run over my dog…Otherwise we had fun looking for area happenings and shopping. I visited Fort Harrison State Park which was nearby. Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get the opportunity on occasion to review outdoor oriented products. I had the chance to try out Grubstick https://grubstick.com/ and I can say I was excited! I am a campfire cooking kind of person and have tried out many contraptions, the Grubstick is a long time in coming. I say that because this ain’t your grandma’s wiener roasting stick or your moms wicked pointed metal fork that can put your eye out or trip you when it slides down the side of the chair leg. The most phenomenal part of the Grubstick is that the handle is…..RETRACTABLE!!! No more wedging the fork in the most inconvenient place or trying to fit it in your cooking box. The handle when not expanded can fit easily into your pocket, day pack, backpack, fannypack !!! To me that is AWESOME!! Revolutionary! Seems to be sturdier then ones I’ve seen in camp stores. Along with the handle comes two attachments and a easy open handle in a nice, durable carry bag, LOVE IT. Christmas gifts all around! And this was before I checked it out. I have two “sets” and unfortunately one of the sticks broke after only a few retractions and extensions. Perhaps I was too vigorous in my extension technique? So carefully extend your grubstick when using. Otherwise it worked like a dream! And the other stick had no issues, so maybe just a flaw in that one stick? I haven’t contacted the company yet, but I will see how they are about returns or replacements. I roasted some sausages and we toasted some marshmallows for s’mores. The pack up was easy too, nice carry bag to put it all in, I usually carry or reuse a freezer type bag for “dirty” silverware etc. I removed the fork head off the Grubstick and it went right in. No MESS! No Long Pointy Stick with goo at the end to wrap and store. Love it! I didn’t use the Grubstick basket while camping so I pulled it out at the house to add some footage and testing. If Grubstickadds a pie pan attachment, I’m one of the first in line to get it!! Happy Camp Cooking ;)

Peaceful

Peaceful little place but unfortunately it rained but we made the best of it, there’s some secluded spots where you can stay away from others or stay in the more general areas, nice lake to fish and we found a swimming hole for a refreshing dip. This was our first camping trip since moving to Indiana and it sparked a fire can’t wait to checkout all the other parks

Quiet, just right!

I’ve camped here several times and have always enjoyed it. When tent camping and want something quiet and a place with great trails, this is a good place to go. Even though it’s hot outside today, there’s lots of shade and a breeze. At this campground, there are two areas of pit toilets, and a big outdoor sink. Fire wood and maps can be obtained just up the road at the new Morgan Monroe headquarters. A self pay station is set up there. You select your site, set up, then go pay. Each site has a picnic table, fire ring and plenty of room for tenting with most sites big enough for a trailer. There’s a playground at the entrance of Mason Ridge campground and a fire tower.

Indiana's First State Park

This park is a southern Indiana beauty. Indiana's first state park dating to 1916. The heart of the park is McCormick's Creek Canyon with stunning views, hiking and some of the best wildflower displays in the state…and let's don't forget McCormick's Creek waterfall…yes its probably only 10' but this is a big deal for Indiana. The park offers numerous hikes varying in difficulty accessing features and attractions to include a 90' fire tower, scenic canyon and waterfall, small cave(Wolf Cave), interesting sinkholes and some stunning second growth hardwood forest. A center piece of the park is the Canyon Inn offering hotel accommodations, dining, seasonal swimming pool(guests only) and in the winter months a massive warming fireplace. The campground provides 189 electric only sites(30 amp) typically gravel pads and 32 primitive sites; most having nice tree canopy for summer shade. Larger coaches have limited choices. The park has an exceptional seasonal outdoor pool, seasonal camp store, very active nature center and naturalist program. Just minutes from the park is the town of Spencer with everything you need to re-supply or grab a dinner out…restaurants, grocery, Wal-Mart, fuel and more