About Indianapolis KOA

Camp in an air-conditioned Cabin or Deluxe Cabin - or stay at one of the sites for tents and all types of RVs - including the Patio RV Sites! Take a leisurely stroll along a meandering creek and enjoy a towering canopy of oak, maple and sycamore trees. Horses await your arrival at the corral. Professionals will enjoy Wi-Fi and the convenience to downtown. Youngsters can spend hours on the playground, and the whole family will love the pool. Even the family dog may run free in the campground's new Bark Park! The Indianapolis KOA is the place to be on weekends for the Indy 500, Brickyard 400 and MotoGP or the Indy Air Show. Campers can fuel up with breakfast before the high-octane excitement! KOA is 20 minutes from the famous Speedway and 15 minutes from the Children's Museum, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indy Zoo and malls. Pool: Memorial Weekend - Labor Day Weekend. Max pull thru: 110 feet.

Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 3-17, Free 0-2
Private
Indianapolis KOA is located in Indiana
Directions
We are located about 10 miles east of downtown Indianapolis just off I-70 at Exit 96 which is the Mt. Comfort Exit. Go South 1/4 miles past McDonalds & the Shell Gas Station and turn left on County Road 200. The camp is on the left. It is possible to enter the campground by turning left at the light across from McDonalds - in which case you'd take an immediate right after entering the camp & follow the signs to the office.
7 Reviews of Indianapolis KOA
Impressive Holiday KOA

We tented for two nights here. The lot was spacious but had a big hill, which made sitting in chairs around a camp fire interesting. The reason I was impressed was, let’s be honest, KOA holiday campgrounds tend to be loud and obnoxious. This isn’t a huge campground though, which kept those things in check.

The splash pad / water park was fun, but was not a pool. It only goes to 3 feet so if you want to swim this is not for you. The water was cold but my kiddos finally got in and had fun on the slides.

The balance between kid fun and peaceful nature is actually on point here. It was beautiful and peaceful but still a blast for kids with the water, playground, and even horses to view (not for riding). The one downfall was the wood prices. The bundles were $6.50 each and the entire bundle burned in about an hour. It can get expensive quick!

A nice place to bring the kids.

I think this one is very good for kids. We enjoyed the pool. Had water spraying every which way, a couple slides and a big dump bucket. Deepest part was three foot. The other side is beach style for the little ones. Horse corral right smack in the campground. Chopped up apples and carrots to feed the horses everyday that we were here. Got ice cream, pizza and wings. And they deliver to your sight. Just the nicest folks. So other reviewers were right. One bath house 😬. Can hear traffic. And of coarse like most KOA close together. But over all I like this one a lot. We came for three nights and ended up staying five. Great for a family weekend.

Time to eat!

Ranger Review: Grubstick at Holiday KOA Greenfield, Indiana. Campground Review: So, I’ve said it before, KOA’s are not my kind of camping. However I find myself once again with a KOA yearly membership. Why? Because several of the people whom I camp with enjoy the WiFi and other perks of staying at a KOA. I met my brother and his wife at the Holiday KOA https://koa.com/campgrounds/indianapolis/ right outside Indianapolis, Indiana for a very wet tent camp out. I towed my redneck “tent platform” and brought along plenty of tarpage. No kayak, the weather actually dipped into the high thirty’s and I am not a cold weather kayaker. Perks of this KOA are a very nice playground and wading pool area. So if you have younger children, ideal for you. There is a nice size dog park and you can get a nice walk in around the campground. They have delivery style pizza right on site and some planned activities on weekends. There is the aforementioned WiFi and the latrine is newer but lacking in hooks ( I’m a big hook person, where else am I supposed to hang my bathroom bag and clothes while showering or grooming at the sink?) The other issue with the latrine is there is only ONE for the entire campground. This is a nice size campground and it can be a good hike from the backside to the latrine, I know this because I had to make that hike more then once. The other issue with that is not everyone is willing to walk that far when they need to go, so where do you suppose they take care of their business? …. exactly! And then there’s my same old complaint of they fit a camper or tent into every square meter of this park, it can get very full and crowded. Excuse me while I look in your window or can over hear every word you say. Holiday was very well maintained to the point of mowing while I’m trying to set up my area and blowing grass all over everything, please don’t run over my dog…Otherwise we had fun looking for area happenings and shopping. I visited Fort Harrison State Park which was nearby. Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I get the opportunity on occasion to review outdoor oriented products. I had the chance to try out Grubstick https://grubstick.com/ and I can say I was excited! I am a campfire cooking kind of person and have tried out many contraptions, the Grubstick is a long time in coming. I say that because this ain’t your grandma’s wiener roasting stick or your moms wicked pointed metal fork that can put your eye out or trip you when it slides down the side of the chair leg. The most phenomenal part of the Grubstick is that the handle is…..RETRACTABLE!!! No more wedging the fork in the most inconvenient place or trying to fit it in your cooking box. The handle when not expanded can fit easily into your pocket, day pack, backpack, fannypack !!! To me that is AWESOME!! Revolutionary! Seems to be sturdier then ones I’ve seen in camp stores. Along with the handle comes two attachments and a easy open handle in a nice, durable carry bag, LOVE IT. Christmas gifts all around! And this was before I checked it out. I have two “sets” and unfortunately one of the sticks broke after only a few retractions and extensions. Perhaps I was too vigorous in my extension technique? So carefully extend your grubstick when using. Otherwise it worked like a dream! And the other stick had no issues, so maybe just a flaw in that one stick? I haven’t contacted the company yet, but I will see how they are about returns or replacements. I roasted some sausages and we toasted some marshmallows for s’mores. The pack up was easy too, nice carry bag to put it all in, I usually carry or reuse a freezer type bag for “dirty” silverware etc. I removed the fork head off the Grubstick and it went right in. No MESS! No Long Pointy Stick with goo at the end to wrap and store. Love it! I didn’t use the Grubstick basket while camping so I pulled it out at the house to add some footage and testing. If Grubstickadds a pie pan attachment, I’m one of the first in line to get it!! Happy Camp Cooking ;)

KOA Indianapolis is just OK.

Passing through east to west and tent camping….large site comfortable for 2 tents. Nice property and friendly staff, but average to below average KOA from this camper's perspective. Convenient location just off I70 is the draw here, with road noise in the background. Bathrooms/showers need improvement. Nice pool and small general store onsite.

Convenient, reliable KOA

Everything you would expect from a KOA: clean, easy in-and-out, all the amenities. We stayed two nights during the week, but it was spring break, and the campground was still quiet and orderly. Wi-fi worked, cable didn't (but they did try to help us out - we had the wrong cable). Not one bit of nature to be found, but you can't go wrong in a KOA.

Sunny