Aurora, INDIANA
Most Recent Aurora Camping Reviews
Great, small campground and family friendly

This campground is on top of a hill close to the Ohio river. Nice paved sites (not level, but most are not anyway). Water hookup is far away, but we don’t usually hook it up to our pop up. Large sites, and ours has a nice large maple that gave us shade (38). Nice little pool. Bath house was ok, mostly clean. One shower was shut down, so only two working in men’s. Putt Putt was nice, but old and cost 3.50 for adult, 2.50 for kids. Little much honesty. Museum, Bison, two other playgrounds and Ball courts can be found down the hill. Some nice hiking trails as well. Do you self a favor and check our Rabbit Hash general store while in the area. Would come back again.

Night Vision

I decided to drive by on a roadtrip to see if I could spend the night before continuing on in the morning. The dates were not populating on the reservation website and no one answered the phone, so I just drove in around 10. There were plenty of people still out and about and the bath house was lit up. I drove around one time trying to scope out an empty tent site where I wouldn't disturb anyone. I looked at both tenting areas and either would have been pleasant. The campground was pretty full with only a few spots left. There was a large church group. Nice flat ground with lush grass. I chose a spot at the end of the lot past the RV Loop and I could see a ton of stars and let the sounds of the night lull me to sleep. Very quiet and it was still that way when I packed up before 6 the next morning. The office didn't open until 9 , so I left some cash in the door. I didn't explore anything other than the bath house and the general layout. Seemed to be very well maintained, clean, quiet, and certainly convenient just minutes off the interstate. I wasn't sure I was going the right way at first as you go through a patch of rough neighborhood before arriving at the property.

Sunset ☀️💓🐥

Beautiful sunset over the water with some new friends ☀️🐥

Nice Park

Spent the Week at BBL. Very nice park with nice hiking trails, hosts where wonderful and no Bugs! They must do an awesome job of spraying because we had no bugs for one week. Downside is absolutely no cell service for me or my wife. Took advantage of the cell free life! Great place!

Truly a hidden paradise

Have been going to this campground all my life. I have never had a bad trip to this wonderful place

This was the first time I’ve stayed in a campground that was split with Thousand Trails. The sites for KOA had mature trees and were of decent size. We reserved a back-in full hook up site and stayed for two days. Our site was level but not all sites were level as I watched my neighbor pull in. The campground had a very nice pool which was very clean and they have a private swimming beach which was also very clean and well maintained. The Thousand trails property was easily 6-7 times larger than the KOA portion of the park. All amenities are shared and it appears that at least one bathroom was being updated. The others look to need some repair and are dated but clean. Campground was very quiet at night with no rowdy or loud campers during our stay. I would stay again.

Nice,clean campgrounds.

Very nice campground and park. Well set up. Easy to get around.Clean restrooms and showers.  Nice lake to kayak on. Beautiful covered bridge. Town is not far away if you need groceries.

Little cramped but ideal.

Facilities and staff were amazing for us. Sites are certainly cramped together so best choose wisely if you don’t want to be invited to dinner by your neighbors. Location is nice with kayaking, hiking, fishing, biking and relaxing all very close by. The beach was very popular with the camp ground crowd. We had a great time and would be happy to come back.

Stillwaters is a private owned campground. There are 3 different camping ar

There are year around sites, along with seasonal. The shower house is functional. No fancy beach ,you access water in 2 different areas by a concrete boat ramp. There are 2 areas up around the front, if you can climb down hills, access to fish from bank. None in rear. The people who run it are super nice. No working playground, no actual swim area. You do have awesome floating from front boat ramp to the rear boat ramp though.  Took us about 2 1/5 to 3 hrs. To do that  fun fun.fun,loved it.

Nostalgic!

I grew up going to Hardy Lake so it will always have a place in my heart. There is plenty to do with a beach, boat ramps, and many hiking trails. They offer activities on the weekends, especially for kids. I am giving this 4 stars because the bathrooms needs a serious deep clean. The sites are spacious with many different types available. I will stay here again, and enjoyed it.

Outstanding Views

Great place to camp if you like being next to water, amazing views, fast boats, and good food. Key West Shrimp House is a landmark restaurant with great food. So convenient when you are joining in on all the fun of the Regatta boat races, bands, and fireworks. Just a nice walk to all the many things to do. Really enjoyed the city of Madison, IN with a small town atmosphere.

Adventures At Clifty Falls

To take a break and unwind from your everyday work life / family drama, walking the trails of Clifty Falls is really a way to clear your head. We saw two groups of people walking the trails. They are absolutely the most friendliest people. If you want to engage in a conversation, you can, or I’m sure people will notice if you wanna just do your thing in nature.

I would recommend going, absolutely! It’s an experience you can’t take back.

Oh and I would tell you about the actually Trail to the Falls, but you’ll just have to see it for yourself. I can’t tell you what’s going to happen at the end of the movie, haha!!

Pretty Cliffty

The trails is this park are long, but lead you through some of the most amazing sites to see. The shorter trails are pretty simple and loop you around to where you began. I would suggest that if you have kids, that they enjoy hiking. The camping was pretty nice. The shaded areas are worth it considering that many of the sites are in the open and get more than plenty of direct sun. The showers and bathrooms in the powered section are ok, nothing pretty to look at. The showers i. The non-powered campsites are amazing! They are well ventilated and have plenty of sinks and shower stalls. It’s a short trip to the front checking office for wood and ice, and a great place for your little bike riders while you sit back and relax. Most everything is a short drive to and from. The pool in the park is pretty nice with a slide and diving boards, but does cost to enter. The power sites are pretty big and are spread out pretty well. Overall it is a place we plan to revisit in the future.

Great weekend

Great place to come. The beach area was nice. Camp sites were clean and well kept. Bathrooms were clean it hot .. will be back ❤️

Family friendly

Pros: nice playground, pool area, long spots for easy pull through. Cute town Cons: sites are fairly close to each other.

Great time

Incredibly nice family who maintain a nice campground. Have attached some of the events there and just had a blast.

Hilly, beautiful and secluded

My family stayed here because we were visiting the Ark Encounter.  I’m not sure if there are closer campgrounds, but we chose to primitive camp here for our visit.  We arrived with just enough time to set up up our tent and head back towards Alexandria for dinner and supplies at Walmart.  There is not much variety and choices very close.  The RV and tent area is very hilly.  Our tent ground sloped but it didn’t bother us very much.  The campsites are very close to each other but there was only two other tent campers and they were both over 4 sites over from us. The tent area has portable toilets.  I chose to drive to the shower house when I needed to use the restroom.  The shower house is typical of most campgrounds, a few cobwebs but generally clean with shower and toilet stalls.  There are two shower houses for the entire campground.  The lake is very pretty, a few camp grounds are right off the shore.  The only thing I didn’t like was that there was no water spigot in the main tent camp area.

Cozy cabin cured my camping craving!

The adorable cabin fulfilled my tiny home dreams and camping craving! The cozy cabin had a queen bed, twin bunks and a sofa that made out to a full size sleeper. Kitchen included a fridge, sink and single cup coffee maker. Coffee k cups were provided in a few different varieties as well as sugar and creamer packs. Bathroom had tub/shower, clothesline to dry swim suits or hand-washed clothes, toilet, sand sink vanity. Bedding and towels were provided and were crisp, clean white. WiFi was a bonus and although it wasn’t the fastest it was very useful when looking up nearby activities. Our cabin had a grill, an outdoor table with four chairs, a swing and a fire pit which we enjoyed our last night there. Staff was friendly and helpful. There were laundry facilities within the park and lots of activities but we didn’t take advantage of any of that during our brief stay. Overall, we were very pleased and would gladly stay again!

Love it!

I’ve been camping at stonelick for all of my life, it’s been a tradition to camp there with my family for 25 years. it’s very kid friendly, dog friendly, and there’s always friendly people around. the hiking trails are beautiful, and kayaking on the lake is also very pretty.

Awesome campground hidden away

We went to White Rock on a tip from a family member who had seen videos about it. When we arrived we found it more than lived up to our expectations. It was reasonably priced, beautiful water, and some amazing jumps for kids of all ages. After a day full of platform jumps, rope swings, and zip lines we picked a campsite down by the Flat Rock river. We had a beautiful shady riverbank site where the kids could splash and float in the river while we cooked dinner. All in all we had a wonderful time in a beautiful hidden gem of a spot we never would have found just driving around.

Close to home

Not a big fan of the park. Good 🐟

First time RV’ing!

We just purchased an RV and was so excited to take a trip with it!! Being a first time RV owner we didn’t want to travel too far from home just in case something would go wrong. I got spoiled by going to Hueston Woods for our first outing! VERY clean, there was a playground for the kids, bathroom and shower facilities were available, and lets not forget the easy access to fresh water and dumping stations! Plenty of sightseeing and activities for ALL ages!! We will be going back!

We love Versailles

Great park, we stayed in Loop C sites 194 & 195. Both offer some privacy which is great. The playgrounds are minimal and could use an upgrade, but the pool is wonderful and the park overall is great

East Fork State Park

Beautiful campground. We stayed at Site 83 in loop C . It is a phenomenal electric site. Huge campsite with lots of privacy and plenty of space to put your tent up , probably 100 feet between the car and the picnic table . Sites around us we barely visible from our campsite. The only problem was it rained the whole week we were there and our site and tent got flooded . On Monday night we had severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings so we hunkered down in our car until severe part of the storm passed . Our tent had standing water and our blankets were soaked so we had to wash our clothes at the laundromat up the road . We brought all our fishing gear but all the docks were closed all week do to flash flooding. Jungle Jim’s is a nice store that has everything you could ever imagine, you can drink beer while shopping, and they have all kinds of international foods. Wednesday we went to a Cincinnati Reds game , which they won! Then the flash flooding and storms came back and our tent flooded again. Thursday we played putt putt golf , although the course could use a little repair. And we were actually able to have a nice fire and enjoy the rest of our trip. Bathrooms were nice , had hot water in the showers , flush toilets . Camp store had some camping necessities and souvenirs. Had a trail near the store that we didn’t get to explore because it was under water . Couldn’t get down to the beach or docks due to flooding. Overall a beautiful and huge campground with lots of good sites. We just had terrible weather. If it wouldn’t have rained so much we could have been a lot more .

Don't care for it

Sites are to close… unlevel

Awesome camp grounds!

Spaced out, great distance. Bathrooms are really clean! Some critters roam around, so lock up your food. Great hiking spots around, bring plenty of fire wood!!

Great State Park campground

Reasonable price lots of space. Showered and bathrooms were clean

Our home for the next 2 years

Two campgrounds, the lower is next to the Ohio River. Nice big sites, well maintained. Upper campground has the pool a small lake and the camp store. Both sites have full hook up and bath houses.

Germantown MetroPark/TVT

My first real backpacking experience, shared with my boys. Ostensibly a “city” park, Germantown MetroPark provides visitors with well-kept trails over rolling hills through old forests, leading down to lush river valleys of the Twin Creek watershed system. The creek runoff is managed by the Germantown Dam, and the park is upstream, so the heavy rains we’d been having had left the valley and banks very sloppy and muddy, but that was not the fault of the park. If there is one complaint, it would be that there is a dearth of potable water stations, so all water needs to be packed in from trailheads with water, the Welcome Center, or pumped from non-potable sources, filtered and/or treated. The Oak Ridge backcountry campsite is situated about 1/2 mile in from the Welcome Center, in among a few trees dotted in a wildflower prairie. There’s a pond here, with little water movement, so it’s not the best source for potability. There a three separate sites, and a common cook area, and a privy. Site C is grass-covered, clear of roots, rocks, and stumps, and easily handled 2 tents with four campers. The Twin Valley Trail is actually a collection of trails in the Germantown and Twin Creek Metropark, interconnected by a rugged, heavily wooded trail with switchbacks managing the climbs and descents over the limestone bluffs and cuts overlooking the downstream portion of the Twin Creek. The Seibenthaler Nature Center is atop one of the wooded outcrops, with an associated parking lot down a staircase from the Center. The Cedar Ridge Backcountry Campsite is 1.6 miles of switchbacks and ups and downs of the TVT, from the Pink Trail in the GMP to the north, and 0.6 of a mile from the OH-725 highway bridge across the Twin Creek to the south. The sites are situated 0.1 miles in from the main trail, climbing up a little wooded ridge. The campsite, again, has three separate sites, a common area, and a privy. Site C is nestled in the trees, with a tent pad a tad smaller than the aforementioned Oak Ridge site. It also has little to no grass, a few roots and rocks in the soil, so the setup of camp is a little limited, but manageable. The common cook area has a little “counter” to set up a stove or what-not, and two parallel logs to sit facing each other while eating. Here, the closest water source is the Creek, at the bridge crossing, which also makes a good place to slip off the boots, slap on the water shoes, and wade in to cool off the tootsies a bit (when the creek isn’t in flood stage, of course!). Overall, for a 3-day/2-night backcountry experience not too far away from civilization, this is a great park! I estimate a total hike distance covered of about 13 miles across the different trail systems.