Tyhee, IDAHO

Most Recent Tyhee Camping Reviews
Last minute stop

Stopped here upon realizing that we wouldn't make it all the way to Castle Rocks State Park that night and it was starting to rain.  Plenty of sites available on a Thursday night in mid-March.  Bathroom facility available in the middle of the campground.  Pull-in spots are a bit small but we just had the pickup and a tent so we did fine.  Cool views in the morning of the Snake river.  Biggest drawback is that the campground sits barely off the interstate so there is a quite a bit of road noise. Not sure I'd make it my go-to camping spot but it worked for what we needed.

Great place if your here for the pools.

We've stayed here a few times. Pretty close to the hilt pools. Close enough to the city for a nice walk. The campground is like most KOA's pretty close sites, but lots of amenities. Showers, fire rings, power, water, shop with all kinds of goodies and ice cream. Great shade in most spots, and it has a place for large gatherings. Horse shoe pits, volleyball, and playground.

Quiet, secluded, and very shady.

We wanted to try this out with our 28' bumper pull. Luckily it was not a busy weekend, we had to move sites to one that would accommodate.  Hard to maneuver in the campground as well as getting up the narrow road. Perfect site for tents. Tons of shade and trees. There's a really cool spring and waterfall just a short hike up the road.  We will be coming back with our friends.

Ok I guess

Good for if you are traveling but not good for locals

It was beautiful sites long and level! Easy in and out Staff extremely friendly

Great Snake River views!

This is a small campground located just north of the hwy. along the Snake River. Several sites in lower loop have outstanding river views. Sites are mostly well spaced, gravel and level. Some pull through sites good for big RVs. Almost every site had water and elec. Several nature trails and geology trail. Restrooms looked standard but did not use. Small visitor center provides Oregon Trail history of the area and the rocks. About two miles away in a different park of the park is Register Rock showing names of OT settlers located in a nice picnic park. You can make reservations on line but we drove in about 2pm and had a choice of sites. Would have given 5 stars except for some uneven sites. We will definitely come back as we pass by or stay a few days just to enjoy sitting on a rock above the river.

Springtime review

It occured to me that since I visited this property a second time that I should get perspective on my earlier spring visit. We had a wet spring so it was a bit muddy in places, gravel on these roads would go a long way in keeping the mud down and the hole smaller. Next the grass had not been cut down and was very high, walking around in the morning ment wet shoes plus it made it more difficult to set up and tear down. I only mention these inconveniences because of the high price to stay at the resort. Firewood has to be bought there, but it is a fair price and is delivered directly to your site. If you are tent camping in the far sites the bathroom is a bit of a walk but not terrible, and in my other review they are kept very clean. Even with the minor annoyances, this is a great place to get away and relax and enjoy. And BTW…it's bring your own alcohol, so if you indulge be forewarned. Enjoy!

Tucked away fun little Jewel

In far away Downey Idaho is a little resort with hot springs, cabins, wagons, teepees, a RV campground and a nice little eatery and a load of other fun things. It's small but busy so make reservations, when you check in ask about the steak and soak…so worth it especially if you arrive later and only have a few hours. One of the biggest pluses is the cleanliness of the whole property and the level of care throughout. This is a great place for families where parents can relax as the kiddos entertain themselves and you can meet up at the campfire for dinner. This is a high recommendation for this great place.

Just the way I like it

Those of you that are traveling koas are the best for you I hate koa campin that is for wimps getting your ass out In a tent now is real camping

Nice fishing

I love all of the fish we caught out of there