Athol, IDAHO
Most Recent Athol Camping Reviews
Nice clean campsites

Big campsites that are moderately secluded from each other. Easy hike around the lake to the cedar grove. Clean bathrooms. Worth the camping fee. Off grid/dispersed camping available as well.

Awesome Campground

Clean bathrooms and water close by. The tent pads are level and usually rock free. The park keeps the campgrounds clean and accessible. We spend a lot of our summer here. 🤙🏼

CAMPING GALORE

Great overnight camping for tents and vehicles. Hiking trails River! Trees!

Huge campground that is part of Farragut state run park.

The Gilmore Loop Campground is one of a handful of campgrounds in Farragut State Park. It is a large campground boasting 91 rv/tent sites. There are several ADA sites as well as the most amenities I have ever seen in a campground. Even tho you could spend days exploring and playing in Farragut State Park, there are quite a few things to do outside of the park also.

Some amenities for this campground include:

RV/Tent Camping - (Some are ADA)

Onsite Tables/Fire Pits/Water/Electricity on all and Sewer on some

Nice and Clean Flush Restrooms and Showers

Firewood for sale onsite by the hosts and a well stocked General Store/Visitor Center in park

Payphones and extra Parking

Dump stations for RVs

Extensive Day Use Facilities - (Including 3 professional disc golf courses and a large Lake for a $5 fee)

Boat launch/Swimming/Fishing

Museum and Historical Sites

Loads of Hiking/Biking/Horse Trails

Some amenities close to this campground include:

Bayview - (A small lake town about 5 min to the East)

Silverwood Theme Park - (About a 10 min drive to the West)

Coeur'd Alene and Sandpoint - (Both 33 min drives to the South and North respectively)

The negatives for Gilmore are all subjective. I personally prefer a much more secluded campground, I can see this place being packed during the on-season. The sites are closer than I like, tho I have seen much closer sites elsewhere. The tent pads are gravel filled squares, I Like the feel of the ground under me while camping and these will necessitate a mat/airbed. Overall I love this place as a day use, and see myself camping here soon.

Meh

I've lived in Spokane 3 years and just went up there to check it out. This is only about a 20 minute drive for me, so convenient. I go camping to avoid touristy locations. I was incredibly surprised to see how busy this place was! The tent sites are tucked in between cabins or on the outside loop of the Rv sites, leaving zero privacy! The rv sites were small and super close together. There is no dump station but it does have power and water. The bathrooms were clean with showers. The whole area was clean for the amount of people that were using the day use sites. The campground wasn't that busy though. Personally, I did not enjoy it and won't be back.

Best childhood memories

Beautiful. Fishing canoeing hiking. It has it all.

Personal favorite

This is a beautiful campground with fire pits, lake access, and amazing hiking trails.

Next Door to Silverwood Theme Park

The best thing about the campsite is that it is the closet place to stay near Silverwood theme park. You can easily walk from your tent right into the park, which makes it super convenient.

There are showers on site and full hook-ups. However, you are camping here to go to the park, not to enjoy camping. Sites have little to no tree cover. If it is hot out your camp will be hot, though chances are you’ll be inside the water park anyway.

While we were there the sprinklers went off in the middle of the night, soaking our tent. Management gave us a free night and moved us for the next night. One weird thing is that you have to place your tent on a hard gravel pad, rather than the green grass (see previous sentence about the sprinklers).

If you have an RV, life is a lot easier at this park. That said, you will not find a closer place to stay, and definitely not as cheap.

Nice little lake.

This is a nice little lake. Perfect for peace and quiet. Not a ton of boats around, so that makes this place perfect for swimming, kayaking, and paddleboarding. It does have bathrooms, which is always better than a hole in the ground, but the "doors" are just shower curtains. There are also coin operated showers. There is a tiny store. I would suggest bringing everything you need. The lady that runs the place is just a sweetheart. This lake was pretty warm in the fall and the water was gorgeous! Crystal clear!

Lovey little place.

Jerry's landing is adorable. A large cabin, a small cabin, room for a few RVS and tents. Rvs have full hoik ups and the tent and rv sites are $19 a night. There is a small store on the grounds, cheap boat rentals $17 per day for up to 4 people! Plenty of fishing! We had a blast on the boat. It's a nice grassy area, picnic tables, fire rings, bathrooms. Camping or day use, it's super fun and relaxing

Really cool place!

Just a beatiful park! Lots of hiking trails and wildlife viewing. The swinging bridge is awesome. Popular area. The bathrooms are nice, the river is beautiful. Campsites are a little small.

Campground right in Spokane

Bowl and Pitcher campground has several partial-hookup sites with electricity and water, and several with no hook ups. There is a dump station, and two restrooms both with showers. The largest site length is 45 feet, so large RVs won’t fit. Reservations can be made online. It is very close to the city, so you can eat out if you don’t want to cook. Lots if hiking trails along the Spokane River.

Quiet park close to Spokane

We spent 3 weeks at Liberty Lake Regional Park while visiting our son and grandkids in Spokane. The road in is a little narrow, but once in, it’s a great little campground. Most of the sites are fairly level. We stayed at 2 different sites over 3 weeks, and both were level. They are close together! They provide a fire pit if you want one. Picnic table, water and electric. The dump station is quite a drive, back out, up the hill. There is a clean shower/bathroom building and a beach within walking distance of the campground. While we were there the campground hosts did a fantastic job of keeping everything clean and tidy. Several hiking trails, including an equestrian trail, waterfall, fishing and lots of wildlife. There were deer in the campground every day, we saw moose, owls, pilated woodpecker, and hawks. We were there over July 4th weekend and they had a fireworks display on the beach.

Picturesque country atmosphere

We were on our way to Yellowstone with our vintage trailer and three boys. Rachel greeted us right away, was very friendly and welcoming. Her property was picturesque, her Arabian Horses roamed in her pasture, the property was large and private, we were even able to set up our hammock between two trees. She has new picnic tables, a fire pit, and beautiful Russian Olive trees for shade. The sunsets and sun rises were magnificent. I HIGHLY recommend Willow Creek.

Rainy washington

Wet and slippery, wear comfortable shoes!

Closed

This location is closed. But check out the one in CO next time you're in that area!

Not a site

After traveling down from Spokane, I was not able to find this site anywhere. 😕

Gorgeous!!! Bowl and Pitcher

This is a larger campground great for RV, trailers and tents. The sites are enclosed in a circle, making a nice walk or bike ride. The campgroundl has partial hook ups and is very camper friendly otherwise.

Sites are pretty open not offering a good amount of privacy, though most are along the Spokane River. Each site has a picnic table and fire ring, with bbq grate. The site has showers and flushing toilets!!

This is a perfect getaway for people looking to unplug as no cell service (tested on sprint, verizon, and google fi) is available. There is tons of wildlife and lots of trails and riverbank to explore.my favorite thing was the suspension bridge over the river. Lots of space for swimming and fishing!

Great hiking!

I love Washington because of all its amazing hiking! The campground was mediocre, not really the cleanest, but the hiking made up for it! We did tons of hiking around the area, and enjoyed every single one. The campground itself is pretty small- pretty sure there are only like 12 sites within the campground. When we went, it wasn't too busy. Probably 5 other families there. There is a garbage disposal area there which was nice, although it still seemed a bit dirty. It was $18 a night which we thought was a little on the expensive side for camping, but we only stayed 2 nights and split the cost between 4 people. Great views of Pend Oreille River. We reserved our site online, but I think we definitely could I walked in and got a site. This campground doesn't seem to be used much. Probably wouldn't come back, but maybe try another campground nearby.

Nice spot close to Lake Coeur D'alene

This is a great stop point before getting into Idaho. The campground was very well maintained and great to stay at. It is located in between Spokane proper and Coeur d'Alene (so Spokane Valley). There are tons of spots to choose from, but it gets pretty busy in the summer. The cabins were great and had everything you needed to get by.

There is a laundromat, store, sports area, lots of space for dogs and a game room at the main lodge. I really liked the community fire pit since there wasnt a fire pit at each site. One cool thing about this site is they have "gazebo sites" for RV campers. They also have an outdoor movie theater set up, but we werent able to take advantage of that perk.

We were able to drive a short way to Lake Coeur d'Alene for their Fourth of July events and even rented a lake boat for tubing.

Great site for families, RVers, and pet owners.

Beautiful park

Spent 2 weeks at Farragut SP last summer while visiting our grandkids in Spokane, WA. This is a beautiful park, with lots of hiking, fishing and boating on Lake Pend Oreille. It was a navy training base during WW2, so there is also some history. The campground is large, but some sites are a little tight. We needed help getting our 20’ travel trailer into the spot we had. Water and electric only, no sewer. Bathroom and shower house was clean and well kept. We saw lots of blue birds and deer during our visit. There is a large frisbee golf course, too.

A vacation getaway or a mountain escape

Farragut state park has many campgrounds available to fit every campers style. Tent camping, RV camping, cabin rentals, even camping with your horses! Whatever your style there is a campground here for you. Water and bathrooms at every campsite make it comfortable, the views and countless trails to hike make it breathtaking, and the list of things located in the park make it the perfect vacation site! Peaceful lake views, disc golf, tree to tree adventure course, swimming area, fishing, museums, and horse trails are a few of the things to do while camping in this amazing state park. Even with all these events located here, you'll find peaceful serenity and a true camping feel for the whole family.

Lots to learn

Our stay here was very satisfying. Plenty of hiking to do. Plenty of places to stay. If you are into biking, it is located at the beginning of the Trail of the Coeur d'alenes, a 72 mile paved trail. The Chatcolet campground is only feet from the side of the trail. Make sure to make reservations ahead of time and leave plenty of time to explore.

Calm and quite

Our stay at the Green Bay campground was perfect. We arrived on a Wednesday and had the place nearly to our selves. This was a perfect place to camp with a family or with friends. Make sure to arrive early in the week if you want a camp site. Spots filled quickly in the days following

Camping in a Forest

Large, Clean Camp Sites with Electric & Water.

Bring your Boat, Kayak, Canoe, Bike, & Bathing Suit (in summer).

My favorite Army Corps of Engineers run Campground. Clean, and well run. Clean bathrooms, and Showers. Dump Station.

We stumbled on this resort because they were on the Passport America list. They are NO longer a passport America park as they are under new ownership. Nice large campsites, beautiful swimming area and cute little store and breakfast restaurant! Beautiful star-y skies and lots of deer at night!!! No fire ring at the site, there are picnic tables and we had a full hookup site! Staff was super friendly. Dog friendly!

Nice stay

Trains! There are trains all day and night! Sites were narrow had to ask a fellow camper to move his truck was very difficul to manuver the camp ground streets Large beautiful trees Facilities were clean Laundry was adequate Dog poop everywhere! We clean up after our pets this was crazy….

RV Focused, clean, 'good freeway access' *wink wink*

Breezed in on Labor Day weekend so I just hafta start by saying how grateful I was to find anything.

This place is clean, folks were friendly, etc. All good stuff. I'd say it's primarily for the RV/Family crowd, but there were other car/motorcycle campers there, too. There's a little store and a nice community camp fire.

My site was along the "creek" which was a VERY lazy body of water in the late summer. It didn't seem to be moving much at all. Across this magestic stream, traffic flowed freely down I-90 all night long. Something of a Freightliner Lullaby…

I think this place is just great as long as you think through its proximity to the freeway, etc. It definitely made for a quick coffee run into CDA in the AM.

Great Little RV Park

For this being our first long distance trip from Boise, I’m extremely glad we stayed here. The scenery is gorgeous within the park (lots of trees and grass areas), excellent for dogs and the site we stayed in was perfectly level from the time we pulled in. Unfortunately our water heater wasn’t working so we had to use the showers on site and I was not disappointed, they were about 9/10 on cleanliness but water temp/pressure was excellent. WiFi was better than what I would have expected. Staff at check in was very friendly and courteous. It’s convenient that it’s behind a gas station because if you need any snacks, drinks or propane it’s just a short walk away. The only negative that I have to share is that the train is just on the other side of the highway and for whatever reason they enjoy blowing the horn and I will warn you this could happen at any hour of the day/night. We were in the back end of the park so it wasn’t completely drowning but you definitely know it’s there. If our travels ever bring us up this way again, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

Beautiful and quiet.

I wish we had more time to spend at this campground. It was a bit off the beaten path but worth it. It is also situated right by a lake, but did not see any direct access to the lake from the campground. There were clean restrooms here and showers. There is also a visitor center to purchase items but they were closed by the time we rolled in. They were open in the morning, roughly around 8. Would like to go back and stay a couple of nights in the future. There was a no burn order in place, or site was nice and secluded.