Claymont, DELAWARE
Most Recent Claymont Camping Reviews

Campground is a little outdated and where the overnight people are is separated from the seasonal people the closest bathhouse is a 10 min walk from where we were the portapotty they had down near the overnighters ( where we where ) smelled horrendous I could not have imagined camping next to it but people did the only plus is they have a swimming pool and pond and it’s very laidback and quiet

Closed

Closed, plus you couldn't can't here when it was open

Beautiful, but no camping

Come spend the day, you won't regret it! But there's no camping.

Not a campground

Can't camp here, but it's beautiful to spend the day in!

Not awesome, not terrible

I've stayed at much cleaner places, it's a bit run down, but it's quiet and is you keep to yourself you'll be fine. We RV camp so we didn't use the restrooms

Cute place

I like it here. Cute place, far enough away from the city to be reasonably quiet, close enough to go get whatever you might need. Very friendly people. Sometimes gets crowded but still a great campground

Very peaceful

Lovely scenery, very peaceful and quiet. No hookups, obviously, but dry camping is great. Never too crowded, actually rarely very many camper at all.

Awesome!

A little pricey but worth it! We had full hook up with a great site! This place has cool novelty places to rent out as well. Pools were fantastic. Friendly staff. We already booked again!!!

Muddy

We had a great Halloween weekend but we were down by creek so it was very muddy. Everything else about this campground was great!

Relaxing

This is a great campground. Bill and Kate are friendly and helpful. They have so much to do for kids!!

Great Acces to Dutch Wonderland

Clean campground with great access to Dutch Wonderland, outlets and other Lancaster County tourist attractions. Nice creek to fish in but other than a small playground (with broken equipment) not much else in other amenities. An Amish buggy comes through with some great baked goods.

Will visit again

Site was well maintained and very clean. Bathrooms were clean with showers and wash stations. Great views of the bay and beaches. Very well stocked camp store.

We saw bald eagles and great blue heron.

Only minor drawbacks being; the pad for pitching tents seemed to have poured concrete a few inches down, making it tough to stake anything down. RV sites mixed in with tents so the sound of generators was pretty constant, but it was a scorching weekend, so might not be so bad in cooler days.

Beautiful Park!

Great campsites and trails!

Great time

Great camp ground with very friendly staff. Lots of activities for kids. Stayed for a full week and will be returning

Lovely stay

Great park to stay in. Bathrooms are nice. Lots to do in the park. Sites are best in the 140-160 loop. Park employees are nice.

Permanently closed

This campground is closed

Great weekend

We stayed in loop C. Very nice site. Bathrooms were ok not the cleanest but not the worst I have seen. Love the hiking trails.

Would not return

I haven't seen a review since 2017 and that should have been my first clue. Let me start by saying the check in area was nearly 12 miles away from the site. At the site there were no bathrooms. One outhouse which smelled like death for the entire camp site. I would say there had to be about 60 people using one outhouse NO FLUSHING! Ewwwwwwwwwwwww Camp sites were one on top of the other. There were no clearly marked roads and several cars got stuck in the sand area, one car even drove through our site during the night. Luckily we werent run over. There were no picnic tables either. If you didnt have a table and/or chair you stood all weekend. The road leading to the actual site was full of twists and turns and we nearly smashed into a tree coming out of a turn doing about 20 mph. The police patrolled at 730 pm, 930 and then 1130. THERE WAS NO INTERNET, CELLULAR SERVICE. That didnt bother me but the fact that if there was an emergency there was no way to contact police was pretty alarming. I honestly didnt think the mosquitos or bug situation was bad. There was a questionable tick but didnt see much more than spiders and ants. The lake/beach area also 12 miles away was really nice. You could rent a paddle board, canoe or kayak for a reasonable fee. We will not be back because of the unkempt roads, no running water.(Hey if you want only port a potties ok but put enough to be sanitary for the 60 or so people you jam in on top of each other.) and no way to reach the outside world in an emergency.

Great little koa

A small koa but very nice, I stayed in a cabin for my MTB race weekend. Great! Pool is a tad small. Restrooms very clean and good looking tent sites.

Amazing area- beautiful location

We would absolutely come again. Beautiful wooded area, space in between sites for a bit of privacy, big field for kids to run around in and play.

Great Family Fun

We really enjoyed our stay. Only complaint is the noise at night. Amenities could be a little better. We stayed at home he quarryville location and they had a lot more things to do.

No Camping But Nice For What It Is

There isn’t camping anywhere in the park, at least none that’s sanctioned by the state park service. Not exactly the most secluded park, but has a series of nice walking trails and big open areas and grills for bbq. Gets crowded around the fourth. The waterfront trails are excellent for birding and usually not crowded.

Very nice

Very nice camping. Quiet setting

Beautiful scenery!

It's fine

Nothing bad about this place, I love that it's set far enough away from the main road that you don't get the noise.

Beautiful campground. Clean restrooms, lots of open space!

Beautiful campground. Clean restrooms, lots of open space!

It's fine

Cute campground

Cute campground, nice layout. Not all sites have sewer hookups, oops. Easy to back in.

Great place