Claymont, DELAWARE

Most Recent Claymont Camping Reviews
Not what it seems!

Own a 30 ft fleet wood pull behind and had to back into my space.  Came to the area for fall to see the colors of Amish country.  Electric tripped daily and even burnt about 7 ft of my 30amp cord and ruined my plug.  Response from owner was “I sell them in my gift shop”.  I was more than ticked off and left that same week when I got my electric bill.  They gave me a printout that said I used almost 60 dollars in electric in a week. I use propane for heat and hot water and never had a bill over 40

In my 7 years of owning this camper.  So please be prepared for disappointment with this facility and staff.  Location and setting is amazing but that’s it

This is not a camping spot.

This is a Jewish synagogue and summer camp…

Okay campground

This place was to crowded. Campsites are way to close to each other. No privacy

Not a campground

This is not a campground

Pleasant, quiet but small campground

I stayed here as a first trip for my new Class C RV, as a shakedown trip for the rig. The campground is quiet, well-kept, and relatively clean. There were quite a few dog droppings around the pond despite plenty of doggie bags available. I don't know why people with small dogs don't feel that they need to clean up after them. Anyway, the showers were clean with some nice hot water but very small and difficult to change in. The entire park itself is fairly small as well. The staff is excellent, very friendly and helpful. I have no small children but there is a playground and the bouncy thing that I've seen in some parks. The hookups were fine, cable was good, wifi was fairly fast but was prone to disconnects. Lots of shopping nearby, fortunately for me because I had to run to Home Depot for a quick repair item. All-in-all, a good experience.

Mill Creek not here

No such park here. This is Lancaster County Central Park. No camping here.

Campground wedding

We got married here so obviously Tohickon Family Campground will forever hold a special place in my family’s heart. The rustic barn and meadow by the creek was exactly what my wife and I wanted for our special day. The fact that there was an old mill on the property and a covered bridge right out front for post wedding photos was icing on the cake for us. The campground itself is average, seems a little outdated but overall in good condition. I personally didn’t use the bathhouse so I cannot comment. Price for full hookup campsites are very reasonable. Bottom line if you are looking for a modern campground with tons of amenities for $100 a night this is not the campground for you, but if your looking for a nice quiet simple campground with beautiful rustic setting at a very reasonable price than it’s perfect.

Close to the city

This state park is close to Philly but has some wonderful tent sites. There are also cabins and yurts but they aren’t dog friendly. Lots of nice trails.

This place is great for first time campers

I go camping here almost every year and they a nice open field with two sites and two fire pits. They also have a tone of trails to hike on.

First camping trip

Went camping for the first time in for ever