Deer Trail, COLORADO

Camping Colorado Deer Trail

Most Recent Deer Trail Camping Reviews
Super busy but great for dogs

This is a location that you only camp if you literally don't have any worries about being around people. It is ALWAYS packed due to the tons of hiking trails, huge dog park, and water access.

I taught kayaking to little ones here and it was always a fight to get into the park, get to the water, and not get run over by boats and unexperienced (or entitled) people.

The campground is well maintained but it sit really worth being able to be basically in a metropolitan city? For me I'll go somewhere more nature friendly and less crowded.

BUT it is excellent for dogs. We love taking out dogs here because they can play in water, run their hearts out, and hang out with other dogs. It is pricey to get into the park though. $80 for a year pass to the state parks and another $25 for the dog park fees.

crowded and dirty

way to many people and the boat traffic was awful

Location Fail

The staff is friendly, the bathrooms are clean, and there’s a restaurant across the street and a pizza place on site. However, the location is a disaster. Literally right next to highway I-70, there’s no way you’ll get a restful nights sleep. Maybe in a RV or renting a cabin you’ll have better luck, but as a tent camper it was brutal.

A typical KOA campground near the interstate 35 miles from Denver

My family and I stayed here for one night in a 34' travel trailer as a reward from crossing Kansas. :) We knew what we were getting into - a tight family campground, so we weren't disappointed in that regard. It's actually a little hard to write this review because there's such a mix of pros and cons. I think listing them out will be the best strategy.

Cons

- VERY close to the interstate. Take a look at a satellite map view so you will come prepared. The road noise is ever present, and if you can tune it out you will be a much happier camper. We were able to sleep ok with it, but it was a constant in our experience.

- Proximity to your neighbor. This is the way it is with KOAs, but it did feel strange hooking up utilities within arm's reach of your neighbors having dinner.

- Wifi. They advertise it, but it was so slow that not once was I able to successfully load a single webpage. Verizon is also not strong here.

- Cable. They had hook-ups but quality was too poor to watch.

- The hot tub was closed with no indication when it will open.

Pros:

-The playground was pretty awesome, large and with multiple things to climb on for kiddies.

- They had a pool and kiddie pool. Both are small, though.

- The game room is really nice! (see pics)

- Pizza and ice cream on site.

- Affordable laundry. $2.50 for wash and 50 cents for 8 minutes for the dryer.

- Clean and tastefully decorated bathrooms and showers.

Other:

- Pancake and sausage breakfast on the weekends for $6.50.

- A BBQ restaurant run by the campground.

- 40 minutes to Denver.

- Dog park.

Overall, not a bad experience, just not spectacular.

Unacceptable

This is a disaster! I made reservations several months ago as part of an extended, 5 week trip. We got here as they are in the middle of a major construction project. It is undoubtedly needed. But, they should have called or emailed us about the inconvenience, dust and noise! We could have found an alternative place to stay. Bad form in their end, and also in KOA to allow it.

Quiet Spot Away from the City Filled with Peace and Quiet

I was looking for a quiet place to get away from Denver but I wasn't able to take off on a long drive to get there, then I found this place. A flower farm, with rows of beautiful blooming flowers, a natural pool, a Jacuzzi, and a beautiful view of the Rocky Mtns? Sounds perfect for a midweek getaway to me!

When I pulled up, Terry came out to meet me and give me a tour. He took me to the tent spot and I quickly realized that they didn't get many tent campers, they mostly received RV and AirB&B guests. The tent site was big enough to fit a couple tents (or a large family tent) but there wasn't a bathroom or even many places you could nature pee around the area. Terry informed me that they don't have bathrooms yet, but they are in the process of turning the old silo's into bathrooms and potentially another bedroom to rent out. That should be done by the end of the Summer.

Then he gave me a tour of the pool and the flower shop. The land here is just incredible! They only bought this property 9 years ago and only started growing flowers on it 6 years ago and it has obviously transformed into a stunning landscape. The flower storage was filled with stunning colors and smells of all the assorted flowers they grow on the farm. Meg came out later to say hi and tell me a little about the events they host on the property.

The natural pool was beautiful! I was the only camper there so I had free reign of the place. I lounged for a bit on a float in the water until I had a friendly visitor in the water with me, A small king snake (the good kind of snake) was cooling down in the water and when we saw each other we both ran the other way. See my video of an alternative use for the morsel spork…:-) I didn't see him again the rest of the time out there. Terry laughed at my tomfoolery and said they normally don't come near in the water, but he likes knowing they are out there since they eat rattlesnakes.

As the sun went down I took my book into the hot tub and relaxed for a bit. While Terry and Meg's kids rode around on the golf cart and jumped on the trampoline on the other side of the property, it was very soothing to hear the quiet laughter and fun being had by a beautiful family and yet still feel like I had my privacy.

All in all it was a beautiful stay at a lovely location. I would recommend this place for a girl's day trip, bridal shower, or bachelorette location too! It is screaming to be filled with sundresses and mimosas. RV camping or even staying at the AirB&B would probably be ideal for your stay until they get the bathrooms built.

I requested that Meg send me information in regards to events at the site and she sent me the following:

Red Daisy Farm Event Space: We have a beautiful 4 acre property for you to host your special event at. We have fields full of flowers, a beautiful man-made natural swimming pond with a soothing waterfall. We have an antique barn full of vintage treasures for you and your guests to peruse. We have plenty of grassy areas and lots of room to roam around and enjoy! Set up your cornhole or volleyball net, badminton or croquet game! Let us know your ideas, and we’re happy to try and accommodate them!

***If you are planning on renting our Cottage House at the same time of your event, please take 30% OFF prices listed below.***.

Two Night minimum stay to receive the party fee discount. Corporate Events, Birthdays, Anniversary’s, Bridal/Baby Showers, Graduations, Family Reunions, etc. This does NOT include weddings.

We have special wedding packages, please let us know, and we’ll send you that info.

A La Cart: Rental Fee:$200 per hour, with a 2 hour minimum. You may come up to two hours before the party to set-up for no additional fee.

Tables- 6ft.X2.5ft:$10 per table

White Table Cloths:$4 each

White Folding Chairs:$2/chair

White 10’X10’ Tent:$25each- 4 available

Trash removal:$30 for 50 guests or less$45 for 51-100 guests$60 for 101-150 guests

Fresh Flowers for tables/decor:

Small table bouquets:$25ea

Medium table Bouquets:$40ea

Large table Bouquets:$55ea

A non-refundable,$200 deposit is due at time of booking to reserve your date. We encourage you to bring in your own food and drinks, as we do not provide catering at this time. If you will be having alcohol present, you will need to sign a waiver releasing RDF from any liability, and/or have a licensed and insured bartender. All parties/events need to be shut down no later than 10:30pm. Feel free to check out our website for more pictures of our special property: www.reddaisyfarm.com

Free one night camping

Great place to stay for a night. Free electric, water and dump station. Nice park next door with swimming pool and playground. Thank you Brush, Co.

Great family spot

It was a great spot for families that is quit and very clean. Quick and easy camping experience.

Gorgeous

What a great spot to spend the day. Traveled to Colorado from NJ and this is spot is really breathtaking and relaxing.

Convenient urban camping

Camped here one night as we prepared to leave Colorado for home. The park is in the city, but surprisingly doesn’t feel that way. The place was busy and no privacy between sites. Bathrooms were clean and well kept. There were a few “interesting” characters in the park. Felt like they came here to party and hangout on the weekend. It was a convenient camping experience.