Alpine , COLORADO

Most Recent Alpine Camping Reviews
Perfect established campground

Williams Creek is just about the perfect spot if all dispersed sites are full, or if you’re more comfortable with established campsites with toilets and hosts.

We stayed here during stage 1 fore restrictions so we could build a campfire.

Hosts were very friendly and kept the facilities immaculate. Firewood available for purchase from them.

The views here are incredible. Near 360 view of peaks and a crystal clear stream. Some premium sites are near the stream.

It’s about 40 minutes to Pagosa Springs due to washboard roads, but the drive itself is worth it.

Best so far

This BLM at San Juan National Forest is gorgeous! (Se pics) the spots are kinda leveled, the road to get there is a dirt road but not that bad (I have a converted sprinter full of sh$&@$ and I did it great) it is primitive so no hook ups, restrooms nor trash cans, so PLEASE Leave no Trace! Everything was super clean so I guess people is finally getting it. Te river passes right next to you and the views are amazing! There are a few trails next (like the Rainbow trail). Awesome place to stargaze!

Perfectly quiet

We wanted to stay at Del Norte but the road up to it was too unsettling for our car at the time. Instead, we tented right around East Fork Campground. There was a sign saying it was closed but there were plenty of campers still in and around the site. It was very windy that night but otherwise, it was a perfect place to set up our tent.

Great location

Nice campground and super hosts! RV park is well maintained with big areas for dogs to play. Close to grocery and restaurants, hiking, fishing, ATV! Internet is not great. ATT Cell phone coverage sporadic.

Incredible

Camp location was as close to heaven on earth I could find! 10 min drive from town if needed— we were surrounded by forests and mountains. Couldn’t find any hikes walking distance from our camp— but drove to many. I highly recommend driving 15 minutes into the mountains and hike part of the Continental divide; it’s a twofer, breath taking views and experiencing a part of history! We got lucky with first come first serve at site #13! Right next to the river. Let the gushing waters put you right to sleep! The drive further in the Forrest to Del Norte was pretty gnarly terrain && totally worth it.

Beautiful and relaxing

There were plenty of available campsites the majority of which had access to the river. It was relaxing with the exception of the occasional can am with music blaring. The road is rough in some spots but I never saw a section a car wouldn’t be able to do.

Great place to off-road

Only come here if you plan of off-roading. Everybody has a side by side or rent one. Great views but can’t explore without it- great time!

Beautiful spot very dispersed

It’s not the best dirt road getting in but I was able to make it quite a ways up in my Nissan Altima. The sites are scattered along the road that follows the river. Beautiful views and great trails to hike. I found a spot that was a peninsula, surrounded by the river. Very primitive camping. No facilities, so bring water and be prepared to take your trash out with you.

Access to hot springs!

4.5-5 mile hike in on the West Fork Trail in the Weminuche wilderness. Some ups and downs along the trail with some river crossings - great man made bridges. Severa great camping spots along the trail closer to the hot springs, with access to 3 pools. Bring a water filter and access water from the San Juan River. Can get stormy in the afternoons so make sure to bring rain gear!

Good Wooded Spot

I really enjoyed the campground with the river nearby and the close location to so many hiking opportunities and Pagosa Springs.

I was able to get reservations and stayed my first two nights in spot 14. It’s not terribly private but not close to the other sites. Big area with lots of spots for level tents. Sounds of the river nearby. One negative is the sound of the road nearby. It’s not a busy road but it has ruts that caused vehicles with trailers going by to make some loud rattling, even a little late into the night.

My third night was at spot 24. Which was away from other spots a little more private and definitely quieter. There was a trail down to the river there as well, which was nice to have at hand and brought others coming through during the day.

The majority of spots didn’t seem to have a lot of privacy. But there was plenty of shade and opportunity for a good camp setup.