Standard (Tent/RV)
Contact
Almont Campground is located in Colorado
2 Reviews of Almont Campground
Lucky find!

On a roadtrip from Houston to Vegas.. my darling fiancée and I had planned on stopping in crested butte but couldn’t manage to make it there in time and we just so happened to find this campsite along the road we were traveling and good lord I’ve never been so happy with a campground!!!!! One of my favorite stays along this week long trip!

Only downside was that it was very close to the road but that’s not enough for me to take down a star! Easy self pay right up front, bathroom, nice trails, and the views here were unlike anything I’d seen off the side of any old road!

The pictures are amazing but they still do no justice!!

Campsite was clean, there was only 1 other camper, few was just $12(if I recall correctly) and honestly I would paid well over that amount for this spot!

Each campsite has a small trail behind it that leads to a river with a towering cliff on the other side. Yes… I went to all the campsites and went through all their little hidden trails to see which one had the prettiest sights and I tell you what.. they were all amazing! Especially this one that had rocks that you could walk on out over the water. It was a campers dream 😍

I would and have been suggesting this spot to anyone traveling through Gunnison, CO!!!

Small, primative sites between 135 and the Gunnison river.

Small, primative campground just off 135 on the way to Crested Butte. (10 minutes to Gunnison and 20 from Crested Butte. Just south of town of Almont). About five tent sites on north side of the campground and some camper/trailer sites on the south side. Fire pits at each site. Picnic tables. Stayed in a tent. No problems. Can hear traffic on 135, but it quiets down at night. Pit toilet is clean with usual odors. Apparently there is some electricity available on the camper/trailer side. Bear safe trash dumpsters. This is a bear site so care needs to be taken. Self pay envelopes and drop tube at the kiosk at entrance. Pd $12, but is $6 if have one of the senior passes as it’s on national forest land. If you’re pretty self sufficient and looking for a nice bargain, this is a good site. Had a great view of the milky way over the campsite as minimal light pollution.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift