Adelanto, CALIFORNIA
Most Recent Adelanto Camping Reviews
Beautiful campground

This campground is beyond amazing with spaced out yellow post camp sites that can be fairly remote. If you follow the trail all the way up you hit an amazing view of the valley. There is an old abandoned Boy Scout camp as well that is great to see. There are a few hiking trails around the area that aren’t too tough. These campgrounds are amazing! From just a weekend getaway to going and having fun with friends.

Quiet, Well Maintained, Great Hiking

Lots of space between campsites. Babbling brook to lull you to sleep at night. Very quiet after 10:00 pm.Great for families. Great hiking trail that was very well maintained.

Good campground in Big Best

We always stay in the Strawberry loop. Full hookups. Spaces are large with room for most class A's. Close to the lake. It is close to the road so you will get some road noise.

Peaceful

The Area was beautiful, but it was also close to the road, so at night, it was fantastic, but in the day, you could hear the cars going by.

Very good scenic Campground

We stayed here for Father’s Day weekend and we thoroughly satisfied. Our site was 71 and although secluded would not recommend for toddlers(I have two toddlers). The site was sloped and the level pad was small. Would be great for a couple with a 4-6 person tent seeking a little more privacy than other sites. The site as well as the campground was spotless. Very well maintained. Bathroom was across the road as well as potable water. Trails literally out the back of the campsite. There’s a little off shoot from the campground that had a large flat spot which would be cool to set up a tent if you needed to set up multiple tents. There are better sites but you’ll have to explore the campground and find those yourself 😉. There’s a few cons. You can hear cars out on the 18 when you’re laying quietly in your tent. Not a nuisance but takes away the feel a bit. The other con was pulling in and out can be a little sketch due to a simi blind turn. Other than that I look forward to my next visit here with my family.

Decent Place

Stayed for a couple of days. RV Site 12. First time at a site with hook ups with our new travel trailer. Hook ups were simple…water, 50/30/&20A electric, sewer. Sewer inlet was a bit high. Had to lift my hose many times to drain fully. Asphalt pad with gravel picnic area between pads. Pad was a little off level. Had to block one side. Many sites seem to be permanent residents or rented by seasonal folks. Park was nice and relatively quiet for the time we were there. Park staff was very nice and helpful. Little store in the park office had basic RV items and some snacks. Bathrooms and showers onsite were relatively clean and in working order. I would stay here again.

Nice spot for a weekend getaway in the San Bernardino Mtns

A decent campground within a couple hours of the major population center that is LA. The campsites are pretty well spaced out which is nice for a little more privacy and there is a decent amount of trees throughout the campground. The vault bathrooms aren't the best, but I have seen much worse. Bring a light with you to the bathroom because it was dark even during the day. There really isn't a whole lot to do in the area, but this is good campground if you just want to chill and hangout on a short weekend getaway. Be aware they charge$5 on any second vehicle at your campsite, even though it says you're allowed 2 vehicles.

An amazing accident

At first we were nervous that we were going to end up in a random campsite that wasn’t worth the trouble of finding. The route on our gps sent us to a couple different locations before we reached our destination at the North Shore Campsite, but in the end, was worth every unknown turn up the mountain. When entering the mountain, you come across the “Rim of the world” lookout point and it has to be the most breath taking experience I’ve had in a while. The campsite has an amazing view as well, with the lake less than five minutes away. Family owned restaurants and grocery stores are conveniently located just a mile down from the campsite, allowing us to get what ever necessities we had forgotten for our camping experience. The staff was tremendous in helping us find our reserved location and was extremely friendly. As we initially drove into North Shore Campground, we were immediately recognized by Sean (the Camp Host) who helped us to find our spot and offered as much information as we needed. He was such a delight with his fun facts and humor in helping us to feel right at home. The weather was beautiful and the campsite provided a thoroughly clean area, fire pit, food storage cabinet and a well cleaned bathroom with flushing toilets, (which is more of an amenity for my girlfriend who obviously needs it more than me being a dude.) All in all it was an amazing experience and a beautiful accident. The reservation process is confusing, having to book our spot on recreation.gov, but worth the efforts and $34 to reserve a one night stay.

Loved it!

The campground is great has water and bathroom available. Has a hiking trail not far away. Close to big bear city about 15mi South. Not too far from Jenka lake to do some fishing. The host are great people check they drive around and check up on people to see how they’re doing.

Clean, primitive camping

Great spot off the forest service roads near Big Bear, truck or SUV recommended for the drive in. Campsites are spaced nicely, tall trees, and some of the cleanest vault toilets I have ever used. Camp host present to regulate and sale firewood. Located near the Gold Fever Trail, hiking, climbing, and a lot of 4-wheeling. A little pricey for a primitive spot with no water or electricity.

Perfect for class campout

We camped here with my son’s elementary school class and it was perfect. We rented both sites, but ended up using only site 2 as it held more people and is closer to the toilets.

There is a good amount of flattish space to put tents, several fire rings making it easy to secure yourself away and have your own area even in a group.

The kids had Ana amazing time running around, climbing rocks and splashing in the creek.

Perfect weekend retreat!

We just camped here last weekend with my son’s Boy Scout troop. We had a quad site which was great for a group. The camp host was friendly and helpful. You can buy wood from him for $8 a bundle if you didn’t bring enough.

The views are lovely, although some sites don’t have a ton of flat space if you have a great view!

Toilets were clean, fully stocked. Water pipe was useful. Each site has a bear locker, picnic table and fire ring.

Great campsite

I loved my stay at Serrano campground. The facilities were very clean and well supplied. My campsite #22 was very clean upon arrival with plenty of space. The picnic table was one of the nicest I have seen and there was even a bear storage locker. Con: the back of the campsite was up against a fairly busy road so I could consistently hear cars passing by. It is rather pricey in terms of campgrounds. Yes clean facilities and great hosts, but for the price I figured showers would be included but $3 a pop. Other that it was great!

Privacy

Me and my boyfriend stayed in post #5. Has a lot of trees to give you that genuine feeling that your deep in the woods. The creek was dry when we were there which sucked but other then that it’s a great place to stay at and chop down some trees.

Cleanest Campground EVER!

This is a very well run campground.  Cleanest bathrooms I've ever seen at a campsite.  The camp host was constantly cleaning and was very friendly.  Scenery is nice and you can walk to the lake in minutes.  They have firewood for sale so no need to bring any.  The only negative thing about this site is is next to a highway it kinda kills the peace and quit during the day but wasn't anything to let ruin your trip.

road closed don’t go

drove all the way to the turn in to find the road was closed

Mountain chaparral

The sites are on the small side and very open. Most sites have some trees and manzanita bushes. The bathrooms have flush toilets but are old and run down. The campground is on a ridge so it is breezy but has beautiful views.

Overall great campsite

There are two sides to the site, reserved only and first come first serve. Both are well maintained and have portapottys. There is a decent trail that is behind some sites on the reserved side that is good for hiking or MTB (I rode MTB). The road to the site gets pretty rough. It is bumpy and very rutted in some spots, I saw a few cars but I would recommend something with decent ground clearance. Also after rain I can see some areas becoming impassable for cars. They have bear lockers at almost every site so trash doesn’t need to be hung in trees. Price when I went (memorial day weekend) was 31$ cash only for 1 night. Cash only!! they don’t take card. They also sell bundles of wood for 8$ but it’s cheaper in town. Overall great site and I would definitely visit again.

Greaaat Campground.

One of the best campgrounds with a beautiful nature. Highly recommended.

Dusty, but nice

We've camped here a few times and really enjoyed it. The campground is decently maintained, the small waterfalls you can access from the campground make for a great little excursion, and the staff is pleasant.

Site selection can be tricky as several sites are on significant slopes and/or don't have much room for a tent.

This is fairly close to home for us and one of the minor frustrations of camping in this area is everything is dry and dusty so it gets everywhere and this campground seems a bit worse that most. It's better than mud though, I suppose.

Great spot

Great for a quick weekend getaway!

Quiet camp site

Owl Canyon Camp site is run by BLM. It’s in the dessert near Rainbow Basin. There are pit toilets that were clean and good condition. There approximately 20 campsites with fire ring, table, barbecue grill and a covering over table area. The views are nice for the dessert and their is wildlife in the area. Also BLM recommendations to bring water because the water provided runs out and is for washing.

Incredible Place

We have camped at Joshua Tree National Park on multiple occasions. This very special place never gets old. We lived in San Diego at the time and this made for a nice weekend trip to Palm Springs and then Joshua. You will need to plan ahead and make reservations or come in the off season to get a camping spot. The park is so close to major populations in Southern California it is always crowded here. The tent camping sites are close together but adequate. You can get nestled up against the rocks which will help manage the desert sun and winter winds. The trees and rock formations are incredible. They have some historical elements but the vista towering rocks and desert vistas are the highlight here. Wow, what a place. The camps have pit toilets and you can fill up your water containers. The biggest challenge here is managing the large crowds and the weather. It can be very cold in the winter nights and baking hot in the summer. Late Spring or Fall are the best times to visit. You can get supplies at on the road near the park. This is a bucket list park and a must see.

Family camp

The campsite at Calico Ghost Town is nice with hook ups for RV and spaces for tent camping. Our boys scout troop spent a weekend October. The boys and their families enjoy touring the ghost town. We hiked around the area and on hills during the day. The facility has running water, restrooms and showers.

A must destination

Love to hike and bike? Love to camp? Why not mix ‘em together at Glenn Camp Campground. This hike-in/bike-in campground is located 6 1/2 miles behind a locked gate. The small campground is equipped with stream for water (must be treated), and vault potties. For biking enthusiasts, the road to the campground is designated as a National Scenic Bikeway, so if you want to knock one off the list, here it is. Don’t forget to strap a pole to your pack if you want to catch some dinner. This area is native to good trout fishin’.

Another beautiful place in California

Forage your way through the Valley Forge Trail, for an intimate night in the wilderness at one of its remote camps. For hikers, bikers, and equestrians the trail offers all the views, and the site handles the comforts. Well, comforts in relation to backpacking at least. If your running low of your water supply, visit the nearby stream, just always remember to treat before you taste. If you plan on leaving your vehicle at one of the developed recreation sites while your on your hike be sure to have an Adventure Pass.

A must see

The San Gabriel Mountains are my favorite mountain range, and the beauty and majesty of this local treasure are often overlooked even by lifelong area residents. Because of its large size and tall summits over 10,000 feet high and the range offers tremendous diversity, encompassing granite peaks with stunning views, lush alpine forests of pine and cedar, lovely stream fed canyons lined with old growth oaks, and spectacular gorges where pure mountain streams cascade over magnificent waterfalls.

Beautiful site above Sierra Madre

If the short hike to Sturtavant falls leaves you yearning for more, get more by continuing up Santa Anita Canyon to Spruce Grove Camp. Beyond the falls, the trail takes on a greater feeling of wilderness immersion. This section of Gabrielino Trail gets less foot traffic, making it a great retreat for those times when you need to feel far from LA.

Very clean

I recently stayed here for a Spartan Race (in May). It was a very clean site with a convenient bear-box. The hosts are great people and make sure that the site is clear of needles, leaves, branches, etc. They do have flushable toilets and running water sinks however they do not have showers. I spoke to the hosts and they recommended to stop by the sister campground on the other side of the lake (7 minute drive) for hot showers which is what I did. Overall it was a great campground to stay at

Loved

Enjoyed my stay at this site