Sweet Home, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Sweet Home

Most Recent Sweet Home Camping Reviews
Nice views but very snake-y.

Our first time staying at this campground left us on the fence. We enjoyed the openness  and campsites are spacious. Nice bathroom facilities. Nice playground but it was taped off during our stay due to covid. We encountered lots of snakes. I shooed a few off the road and they disappeared as soon as they slithered into the grass, so to me it’s pretty risky walking around or letting kids play in the grass because you can’t really see snakes if they are hiding under the grass. They lock a gate every night at the entrance to the campground, however they do give you the code to the padlock.

Clean with a dog park

D26 Back-in full hook-ups, fire ring & picnic table. 2 nights - Memorial Day weekend. Good spot, close to bath rooms/shower house/cafe. Pretty level - just 1 leveling block was all we needed for our pop-up. Lots of amenities- cafe, fishing pond, small general store, playground and off leash dog area. Staff was very friendly. Escorted you to your spot and helped us back in. Shower house was always clean. Loved the dog park! We are just starting to travel with our 2 boxers and was so nice to have an area for them to run a bit. Cons - spots are very close, no privacy. Each spot has a very bright “porch” light that is on until Midnight

Nice place to camp with a rv or camper

It's it's a nice place to Camp RV but not for tent camping it would be better if they have places to put up a tent instead of on concrete.

Bring your kayak and enjoy

The tent site that we had was great. (Site 37) It was right by the water with tons of room and a nice, level ground. Some hammock trees were nearby as well.There was a shared water spigot near the site.

You park in a small lot behind the tent sites and carry your things a short distance.

The bathrooms were clean, but they were quite a distance from the tents. This was my one and only complaint about this SP.

In the warmer months, starting in May, they rent out kayaks, paddle boats, and canoes. There is also a small concession stand you can order from.

My husband caught one fish while we were there from our camp site. It’s very handy being that close to the water.

There is a great hiking trail around the lake. About 3.5 miles if you combine the cabin trail with the Huckleberry trail. It was an enjoyable hike. There were people of all ages enjoying it.

We would definitely camp in this spot again!

The Standard

As the oldest State Park in The Natural State, in my opinion, Petit Jean sets the standard to which other parks should aspire. We frequently visit Petit Jean every year (2-3 times) and often joke that it serves as “home base” for our camping adventures. It’s just that good. If we’re unsure about where to head next, we always fall back on Petit Jean. By analogy, I view Petit Jean like a PB&J or a grilled cheese. Both are solid options every time, and you can’t go wrong with either. The same is true of Petit Jean. The campgrounds are generally clean and well kept. I also really like the spacing of the sites, as sometimes the sites in state parks make you feel like you’re right on top of your neighbor. Loop A is typically filled with larger campers, as those sites have sewer, and those sites are generally much larger than other areas. Since we have a PUP, I personally prefer Loops B or C. I have camped in D but it is the oldest camping area in the park and it shows. The bathhouse in that area isn’t as nice. Conversely, the bathhouses in Loops B and C are great. Even if the only site available is in D, I’d say it’s still absolutely worth going. The bathhouses are nice and clean, the amenities are numerous, and the scenery is unbelievable. The trails are fantastic, playground is great, and the food at the Lodge is phenomenal. We make it a point to eat in the Lodge at least one night of any trip. However, I would add, there is also a breakfast buffet in the mornings that’s a can’t miss for the price and convenience. Essentially, it is unequivocally the perfect park for a family with kids. However, it’s also perfect for anyone who may think they may want to go camping. In fact, even the most experienced camper would love this park and what it offers. It’s an absolute can’t miss and anyone debating whether they should go should pull the trigger immediately! (NOTE: I would note that you should be aware of a HUGE car show that occurs in the park every Fathers Day weekend. It is absolutely packed and unbelievably loud with old cars and motorcycles. If you go on Fathers Day weekend, do not expect any peace and tranquility whatsoever - you won’t find it.).

Pure bliss

We were so blessed to spend 14 days at this camp ground. They take no reservations it’s first come. My suggestion is to get there at 11:30 so if a site is available you can get it at 12:00.

We got a site right on the river it was heavenly . We have a clam was able to set it up right behind our rig. I lived in it and at night sitting there right by the river and seeing lightening bugs were so restorative to the soul.

Also it’s close enough to town if you are in shape could walk there or if you have a bike ride it into town.

Speaking of the town downtown was so quaint. I went to one of the bathhouses and it was a fun experience.

The sites are very spacious and nicely shaded.

Quaint

First thing don’t follow gps to get there for some reason it took us to the owners house they were working on the issue. Once we found out where it actually was it was easy to get to.

We were there for three nights because they were pretty busy and did not have availability but we loved our time there.

My favorite thing was the clubhouse that has a huge porch where you can sit in a rocker and read.

I met the most amazing people who were having a get together and they loved to play games and I had such a great time with them. They belong to smart which is a military travel group and we ended up joining the group because they were so kind to include us.

The manager does a great job of keeping the park up and keeping the restroom and laundry room spotless.

The sites are close to each other but still nice.

The Waterfall!

Pleasant hike. Pleasant environment. Pleasant waterfall. I remember this place being rather peaceful!

Literally a mobile home park

Nothing to see but the South’s finest trailerhood.

Nice Park

Its a nice park, i was here for some end of summer camping and even though everyone had the same idea as i did, it was still a nice area. It was crowded but im assuming due to it being a holiday. The hiking and views while hiking are TOP NOTCH, especially the waterfall a cool reprieve on a warm day, however the fishing from the bank is extremely lacking. I expect its due to to such shallow water near shore and im assuming would be better from the boat. All in all, would definitely stay here again just would pick diff time of year