Sulphur Springs, ARKANSAS

Camping Arkansas Sulphur Springs

Most Recent Sulphur Springs Camping Reviews
Bad roads, close to city

Very sweet owner who is a one man show. There are pull through sites and full hookups. $38 a night for that. There’s a big field in the back where people were playing with their dogs and there are gazebo picnic areas. It’s only a few minutes from the city. The roads within the park are pretty rough, I was cringing while trying to find my spot. There’s some kind of factory in the back that could be annoying for the closer sites, but I couldn’t hear it from site 26 which was the last site on the middle row. Overall a good experience.

Great location for float trip

Have camped here several times over the years and we have a large party that camps and floats together every year. This place is definitely a party camp. There is a general store on site that also sells food and ice cream. They definitely have you packed in there on the weekend and there are small cabins to rent if you are not a camper but want to float.

Great location for swimming in the river

Camped here last weekend with RV site. Sites are large and widely spaced. Gravel pad and pretty level. There is a camp store and a small shack that sells shaved ice. Gas station and country grocery store next door. Well patrolled and owner on site. There are small cabins to rent and several tent sites.

Good option

Reserved spots here solely because of availability for Memorial Day weekend. Basically every spot has water hookup EXCEPT the spots in the loop we were in (which is fine, we were aware before we arrived). Be prepared with as many leveling blocks as you can bring if you have a trailer. All spots seemed to have unlevel pads. We are planning to return but definitely not in the same spots we had.

Great Fishing

All the campsites are fairly level and the entire park is nicely maintained. There is not water hookup at each site, but fresh water fill stations are easily accessible throughout the park. Great layout for family walks or kids to ride their bikes throughout. The bathhouses are nice and taken care of. The river is stocked with trout daily. There a few hiking trails.

Amazing park

I have tent camped, stayed in a cabin and used the “camper cabins” at this park. The tent sites are great and conveniently located next to a bathhouse. The camper cabins were awesome and also right next to an immaculate bathhouse. The cabins are older, but rustic and perfect. There is a pool. There are hiking trails of all difficulty levels and many points of interest. This is easily my favorite campground! Absolutely gorgeous!

Scenic Trail

I have only tent camped here, so can’t describe the RV sites. Tent campground was nice and close to a bathhouse. There is no pool or swimming in the falls. The trail to the waterfall is cute and the waterfall is pretty!

Reliable

My family has had a membership to this resort since about 1996. As leadership changes the quality fluctuates, but it has always been a reliable campground. The indoor and outdoor pools are always fun. Was not very excited about my latest interaction with the office staff, but oh well. The spots are all pretty level and decently maintained.

Good Option

Great Place, but NOT a State Park

First, I’m not sure why there are so many erroneously labeled “State Parks” on this site. I live in Oklahoma and visit parks and rec areas almost every weekend. For the life of me, I don’t know why this is so grossly inaccurate. There are something like 33 “State Parks” in Oklahoma. I may be off by 1-2, but that’s real close. As for this listing, there is no such thing as the “Spavinaw State Park.” Just want to be clear on that. Notwithstanding, there is indeed a “Spavinaw Area” for camping within Grand Lake State Park. Spavinaw is about an 1:15 or so NE of Tulsa. The Spavinaw camping area is located in the SE’er most corner of Grand Lake. The camping area is technically located on “Spavinaw Lake,” but it’s really just a spillway below Grand Lake for overflow. The Spavinaw Hills State Game Refuge is just East of the campground and it’s available for hiking and hunting. The campground itself is a great area and it may be one of the best kept secrets in Grand Lake SP, as it tends to be secluded. I have not yet camped there, but have have fished the area all around the campground in Spavinaw Lake several times. Great fishing here. Grand Lake is a frequent spot for Tulsans with boats. On the weekends, it’s a busy, busy lake during the spring and summer. If you’re wanting peace and tranquility, it may be hard to come by. As an overall campground, the Spavinaw area is great. Like most Oklahoma SPs, make sure to bring quarters for hot showers. I first found this annoying but after thinking about it, I’m totally cool with helping out our state parks in this way. There are various sites for all needs and hookups. Also has boat/water access. Great views, hikes and activities, particularly with so many separate camping “areas” in and around Grand Lake. If you’re a fisherman, I’d definitely recommend.