The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

49 Reviews

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Noel Camping Reviews
Nice location easy access

Plenty of open good size sites year round. Lots of permanent campers here but also lots of transient overnighters .. great spot to pull over and stay for the night

Great for Trout Fishing

Not my favorite of all parks but also not one to miss. Roaring river state park has a working trout fish hatchery. You can walk the holding tanks and feed the trout from baby to ready to be released into the river. There is also a cave you can walk in where you’ll find a pool of water that goes for miles underground. Roaring river has three different campgrounds. I prefer ground one and two…however the downside is the spots are not very spacious / far apart from those camping next to you. There are also several hiking trails through out the park, a visitors center, bath houses, a pool, and swimming holes (the water is very cold—great in the hot summer)

They are currently redoing the park in a multi million dollar project. The plan was to be completed already however due to COVID19 there have been some delays. I am excited to see the improvements once complete.

Really Nice!

This is a COE facility. Pads are generally good and pretty level. Sites are spaced out nicely. There is a marina here with a restaurant that is open during the season. It had just closed on Labor Day when we were here. I would definitely recommend it and I would stay here again. There is not a lot to do though if you are not going out on the lake. We drove over and spent the afternoon at Roaring River State Park, which is very near by.

No WiFi...

Even though site states there is

Best MO State Park

We recently stayed here for thr first time and we can't wait to go back! Our camp attendants were amazing! The river is striking. Everyone is so friendly. We hiked, fished, swam, and enjoyed the nature center (2 kids 3 dogs). We are anxious to ckme back during different seasons to watch Natures beauty and wonder!

Pretty cool place

I grew up 30 miles from RR.. over the years I have camped or visited here it has grown and in some cases gotten a little crowded, but with good reason, it’s a beautiful and fun site with lots to do in and around the park area. From wishing to ORV to hiking to lake access it’s an all around fun area. The Trout farm is a fun tour and the trails around the area are easy to access.. big sites in most areas, the upper area has full hookups while the river bottom is not.

Petty good site

They have new owners who have reorganized and updates the sites.. there is a pool and common area for you to use, the sites are ok sizes and have full hookups .. access capable for Large rigs. Easy access to Rocky Branch boat launch ramps

Friendly atmosphere

Welcomed with a smile and an open ear to listen

Our favorite place to camp!

We've enjoyed a week here and have had a blast!

Favorite place

I’ve been going here every year since I can remember. The camping trip to roaring river state park is the one thing I look forward to every year.