Oden , ARKANSAS

Most Recent Oden Camping Reviews
Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Great park

This is one of the nicest parks. RV camping with all hook ups avaliable and right on the lake with very scenic hiking. The entire park was very clean. The only con is the camping spots are very close together, but We had the whole camp ground to ourselves. Would be awesome summer hot spot

Great for Winter Camping

We stayed here for one night in late December. It was a Sunday and we had the whole campground to ourselves. The hosts were friendly and helpful. All of the sites looked nice, but ours was especially beautiful. It was fairly easy to pull in and out in our Rav4, though there isn't a paved drive or pad. It smelled amazing and the ground was covered in a thick bed of pine needles. There's a really fun little trail that runs from the campsites down to the runestone.

The restrooms were single person, clean, and well stocked. There were several day visitors using the little playground and picnic tables, so I imagine it would be pretty busy and probably a lot less peaceful in the warmer seasons.

Our campsite was nice and very close to bathhouse with hot showers. Sites were mostly well maintained. Some of the sites near the water were on top of each other due to rising water levels. Sites next to ours were closed due to water washing out the road and electric hookups almost underwater. Despite problems, this campground could be amazing if Forestry Service wod be allowed to upgrade a few sites. Swimming area was nice.

Beautiful Park with campsites by the lake

We absolutely loved our stay at Crystal Springs. The woman at the gate booth was wonderful upon checkin, just so kind. The site was wonderful. It had trees for a couple hammocks, a picnic table and firepit facing the water(most of the sites are lakeside with wonderful views), and was an easy pull-thru for our vintage Avion trailer.

I also feel like our site was the most ideal site if you have kiddos with you. They can walk in the water from the adjacent beach, you can see them the entire time, and you’re super close if they need you. The beach has a very large area that is shallow enough for littles to stand in and play(our daughter is 7), and it gradually deepens.

There is also a small playground on the beach(however, it was roped off for Covid-19). I don’t recall our site number, but it’s just to the right of the beach, and you can see its position in our youtube video.

On one day, we made the short drive to Hot Springs National Park for an afternoon hike and also went digging for Crystals at Ron Coleman Mining which our daughter loved. And I didn’t know this beforehand, but the“Coleman Rock Shop& Crystal Mines” on the corner of the main road(State Hwy 7) also offers crystal mining for a LOT cheaper. They mine a different area though, and we don’t have video or pics of their mining lot. Call to compare the two before you go.

I can definitely say, we will visit Crystal Springs again(same site, too). Our Little D loved the entire trip.

Beautiful trails with views of the lake.

The only reason I didn't give this park 5 stars was because we didn't camp overnight here, we only did a day hike, so I can't rate the park on EVERYTHING they have to offer. However, everything we did have the chance to explore was GREAT.

From the visitor center, where everyone was very polite and eager to help to the hiking trails that were well maintained and clean. This park was beautiful. Plus, they didn't charge a day fee which was amazing since everywhere I usually visit has a fee to enter the park. That was great since we only wanted to do a short hike.

I did notice they also had a nice playground for the kids, as well as, a boat dock and pier. I definitely want to go back again sometime and actually stay a few days.

Views from on high

Really great vistas from the upper overlook. We stopped to see the runestone on our way back home from camping at Lake Wister. Wooded and clean, with a small gift shop (closed when we got there). Tent and RV camping available, which we didn't look at, but don't think big trailers and buses would fit; ours is an 18-footer, and was questionable at that! Really cool trek down to the runestone, but would highly recommend good walking shoes or boots, for it's a steep, rocky path with lots of small, deep steps and very few handrails or barriers; some areas are wet. Trail is not handicap accessible. There are a couple of benches along the way to stop and catch your breath and admire the rock formations. Donations taken for the runestone walk at the box outside the gift shop. Camping prices are reasonable.

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!

Exploring the hidden road

This section of the National Forest offers two hours gravel road through the forest. Please do your homework because the road signs are lacking. Word of advice, best to stay away during hunting season as we spotted over ten deer hunters in the area in a single day; a hunting paradise as well. On the path offers hidden creek waterfalls, lots of one way bridge and a serenity drive.

Nice staff

Very nice staff and close to Mena and Ouachita national park. Sewer hook ups on almost every site and a lot of trees and well shaded area, but little tight place and not well leveled. Will visit again!