Mansfield, ARKANSAS

Most Recent Mansfield Camping Reviews
Clean and full of lake views

Not many spaces for camping but had a beautiful view and clean bathrooms

Breathtaking

I grew up in Arkansas but had never been here until this past winter. It's an absolutely beautiful place.

I can't wait to return here for summer activities. Awesome lodge with great food, the best view I have seen in ages. The park staff was also great and very helpful. One day we were there the visibility was nil, turns out we were in low clouds, not fog. Pretty cool.

Nice park

Beautiful park. Lots of trails in the area, lots that start from this park. Level pads, table and fire pit. Nice view! Clean showers and toilets. Really nice place, we will stay here again!!

Beautiful park with lots to do

Lake Ft. Smith State Park is a beautiful park in the Boston Mountains. We drove over from Memphis to meet my brother’s family (who lives in Tulsa). We stayed in campsite 9 which was a pull through site and had stunning views of the lake. My brother stayed in site 8. Sites 1-20 have full hook-ups with sewer. The bathhouse was clean and fully functioning.

Pros: Many activities at the Visitor Center for children. Ozark Highland Trail is directly behind the campsites on the lake side. Recreational area with a playground that is updated. Sites have gravel which limits how much dirt/mud you have to deal with.

Cons: Many of the campsites are on a grade. They all have multiple levels with stairs and have no railings. We had 5 children <6 years of age and the sites were somewhat perilous. If you are a parent with small kids, sites 17-20 and sites 2-3 are better. The other sites are excellent, but not necessarily best for small kids. Last, the playground requires that you drive to it which is inconvenient.

Overall: Great family park with updated amenities. We’d like to give it a try in the spring/summer when the pool and splash pad are open! If you’ve got small kids, Petit Jean State Park would be my suggestion in this area of Arkansas.

Great camping.

It’s really fun with a lot of hiking trails and caves not a lot of overlanding trails that I’ve found yet.

Great view!

Fun hiking, relaxing, camping with a great view!

Does not sho well in the winter

Kinda dumpy, really. Nice people, though.

Great place to camp!

Beautiful camping experience! There were a very limited number of RV sites, but they were all very private feeling and nicely maintained. The bathrooms and showers were immaculate! Hiking was right next to the campground, so this made for a very fun, relaxing weekend! We are definitely going back soon!

Dan's Riverview RV Park

Small, but all brand new.  Restrooms and showers are clean and beautiful. Full Hook Up's, firepits, and lights are great.  Dan, the owner is the best.  We arrived late and in the dark, rainy ARK weather Dan provided lights so that we could hook up.  Customer service is the best.  We will definitely stay here again.