Fuller , ALABAMA

Most Recent Fuller Camping Reviews
Loved this place as a kid and mine now love it too

Great memories have been had here.

They recently renovated the upper loop.

It has a store, cabins, lodge, pool ,etc

Down in the valley there is a lake with a playground and day activities areas

Platform on old building site

This site appears to have a platform that was built to set up a tent on where an old building used to stand. The fireplace is the only part that is still in place which would actually be kind of nice to use on a cold night. There are even metal rings installed on the platform that you could use to attach a rain fly. Overall this is very near to the Pinhoti southern terminus so you won't get much distance covered if you camp here but it could work for a late start. There is also a nearby shelter which is my preference but this could be a backup if that gets a little crowded. The other downside to this site is that there is not any water right here so you will either have to carry it in or hike down to one of the nearby streams to fill up. However, it is a pretty cool looking area and deffinitely worth checking out even if you don't stay the night.

Small beach clearing

First, check out my video review below since that will give you a good idea of what this site offers. Mostly it is a small clearing off the trail along the creek with a firepit and a space to hang your hammock. I would really say this is a last resort site if none of the others nearby are available. However, you do get a lot of privacy and the creek is really beautiful. If you do stay here or at one of the other nearby sites make sure to go for a dip below the falls.

So nice and renovated

We camped here May 2020 and it was our first trip in the new trailer. Arrived in the fog at night and realized we didn’t have cell service around our site but I was proud that we conquered the backing up and hooking up with no issues. We were impressed by all their new updates to the campground, and it was just a beautiful campsite where we were I believe it was S5 in the #1 campground loop. We were also impressed by the mountain bike trails. We heard they were updating the WiFi soon after we stayed, so looking forward to going back.

Had a blast

We had such a great time. We stayed at the lower improved campground and enjoyed it. The RV next to us said the upper improved campground is even nicer, but because they are gated, we couldn't drive through to see. Because they are gated, there is little traffic driving through. We enjoyed the playground and the lake with the kids. This is a place we will be back for sure.

Hiking with the boys

After seeing so many massive mountains out west this was a little disappointing but still fun!

Great Park

Camped in upper level and found site clean,level and quiet. Good hiking trails. Great place in Spring and Fall.

High quality campsite

Very well maintained campsites. Stayed in upper improved site 12 which was close to the facilities and has direct access to the trails.

Unfortunately, it was super foggy and wet the entire time we were there. But it doesn’t change the quality of the campground.

Beware, it is a solid 30 minute drive off of the highway. Also, they have a well stocked little shop but wood is expensive up there at $10/bundle (and there are no other options because you are in the middle of nowhere).

We are hoping to go back when it is clear!!

Protected Campsite

Check out my photos below to get a better look at this site and pull up my other reviews of Cheaha for my take on hiking in the area. This site specifically is a nice protected area a short way off the trail near the intersection of the Pinhoti and the Odum trail. It is not far from a water source though the water is seasonal and can be very low in winter. Be prepared to not have water for pumping and bring extra in dry times. The site itself is well cleared and has an established fire pit. There are also several large boulders that work well to block the wind and make this a more comfortable space in bad weather or when it is cold out.

Small car camping site

This is a cute car camping site that we have stayed at several times. It provides great access to hiking in Cheaha and is perfect as a home base for adventures in the area. It was actually closed for COVID when we were there but I believe that it is now reopened. I would definitely check online to make sure it is open before planning to camp here. I would definitely suggest this site over the main Cheaha campgrounds since it is more private and primitive which I prefer. Not a great site for RVs though.