Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 70 ft.
Kolomoki Mounds is located in Georgia
11 Reviews of Kolomoki Mounds
Historic and beautiful

We spent one night here and ended up leaving due to rain, but it really is a wonderful park. The mounds are mysterious and beautiful, the trails were great, and the view of the lake was terrific. I’ll say that the comfort station wasn’t all that well maintained. Plus there was still detritus from previous campers at our site when we arrived (and we arrived late). Nothing was filthy, mind: it just didn’t have that attention to detail we’ve seen at other state parks. Overall, however: a brilliant experience.

Very Quiet and Secluded

I had booked to stay here for 2 nights, but ended up only staying for 1 because my children were ready to go home. Our site was very nice, and we could even see the lake from our site even though we were not lake front.

The bathhouse was ok. The showers could have been a little cleaner, but you had steady water the whole time (instead of pushing the button for 30 seconds of water).

I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Nice Campground, Nice hiking trails several Geos

All the campsites are pretty level, some on the water and very nice. Verizon service is sketchy and for the most part useless, AT&T the same….

I loved it - my wife not so much

The park is great. The mounds are impressive. Lots of history. The campground was tight. Sites are very close together. My wife was attacked by some bugs, not sure what and she suffered the rest of the week. The staff was super friendly. There is not a lot to do in the area, but we’re we’re able to relax and enjoy some quiet time.

Fantastic hideaway

A great place to get away from it all. The campground is on a lake where mostly canoes and small jon boats are used. There are trails and a small beach area, as well as the mounds and a museum. The staff are excellent and the campground and facilities are always clean.

Super site!

We were right on the water (11 sites are) lots of things to do. We learned a lot and our youngest earned to Jr. Ranger Patch. Buddy sites to share. Lots of Geocaching!

Quiet and Serene

This was our first trip to Kolomoki Mounds State Park. It was a beautiful quiet park. The walking/hiking trails are nice and relaxing.

The only negative was ants. Be sure to take ant spay with you for your camper tires, etc.

awesome

This is a wonderful place to camp with kids!!! So many things for them to do. From climbing the mounds to the awesome playground. We love this place. The staff is very friendly and helpful too.

Small, intimate setting with decent trails and great history

We love this park. There are only a few sites, so even if everything is booked there is not a crowded feeling. The pads are gravel, so if you are tent camping, it can be difficult to get stakes in. The sites are well placed and easy to get into; both the pull through and back in sites. The staff drives through the grounds regularly to check on things and are very pleasant and helpful. The bath house and showers are clean and well maintained. There are several easy hiking trails and the Native American mounds and museum add some interesting history to any camping trip.

Great night stay!

Lots to do and enjoyed kayaking around the lake. I grew up going here and always enjoy going.

Year 2021 Flag