The best BOAT IN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Alder Springs Camping Reviews
Conveniently Located

The Cove is right off of I-59 at Attalla with easy on and easy off access. The negatives are when it rains the roads are a mess. The internet service is less than desirable unless you are close to the access point. The view of the lake is beautiful if you are on a site that pulls up to the lake. There is a half sunk boat that floats around the lake and although I think it’s funny, my wife is a little spooked by it! The camp host is less than a host and more of traffic cops. The only correspondence we had with them was driving above the unposted speed limit and reclaiming my jack boards after leaving for three day weekend away and leaving the boards in our prepaid spot for the month. I am not a fan of the camp host. If you are looking for an easy over night stopping point The Cove is a great place. If a long term place to stay is what you are looking for then maybe look on down the road.

Picturesque

There isn’t anywhere that doesn’t have a view connected to a great golf course and fishing that can’t be beat. Can get crowded but has places to get away on trails and the water

Far better places to go

Staff is like socialist dictators and act as if you are in their way. Don't go in the office without a mask, they act as if you are Chinese Virus positive. Amenities are closed for Covid except the money making ones….game room, tv room, washers & dryers and library.

Unique Experience!!!

Camping here is a very unique experience and completely different than most other campgrounds so I will try and make sure to include enough details to repeat our trip. This"campsite" is really just a large embankment along the Tennessee River on land owned by the TVA. They have a policy that on certain parts of their land along the Tenessee River you are allowed to camp following leave no trace rules. Make sure to follow the link for the campsite to learn more. Although you can use any of their lands there are limited areas that are flat or large enough to comfortably set up a tent. This particular site(GPS coordinates above) is a great space and was perfect for a night along the river. We parked our car on the southern side of the Guntersville dam and put in our boats at the loading ramp. we then kayaked with our gear in dry bags up the river past the amazing views of the painted bluff. We parked our boats for a quick swim(with life vests, the current was really strong) and hiked around the shore where there is a cave. We continued on upriver and finally found this particular site where we set up for the night. The banks of the river are pretty steep so finding a large enough site can be challenging. Be prepared to have extra time to search for another site if the river level is high. On the whole, this was one of the most amazing camping experiences I have ever had and I highly recommend it.

Great vacation spot

GPS took us in a very rural way with lots of twisty roads. One there we found an open spot on our own since it was a holiday the office was closed. Full hook ups and a fairly level grass pad. Not bad for an overnight. There are tons of thing to do here especially if you like to fish!

Beautiful state park

Plenty to do here at Desoto. Many hiking, biking trails. Zip line course. Swimming pool in summer. Campsites are well maintained and flat. Clean restrooms and showers. Nice camp store with plenty supplies. The Lodge is also great. The Restaurant serves amazing breakfast buffet (check hours of operation). Plenty of deer wondering throughout the campground. And Desoto Falls is just a few minutes drive from campground. There’s also plenty of cabins to stay in as well.!!! This place stays book up in fall …..so reserve early.

Beautiful!

It's a little hard to get to if you have a big giant rig, but I can't justify giving this place any less than 5 stars. Tons of hiking trails with beautiful scenery, nice big parking sites, and full hookups. They have a little store for essentials and a lodge/restaurant that was awesome! I had no service at all with T-Mobile, but my verizon hotspot worked well in most places. The free wifi is only available at the check in site/store, the lodge, and the comfort stations, so it doesn't reach to all sites.

A word of caution though - if you value your life and property, stay off county road 604/606. Check your directions ahead of time and find another way. I only drove it with my tow car and still felt like my life was on the line - and it's a Chevy spark 😂 Had a bit of a rough time getting the RV backed in, but that was my fault for 1) being a newbie and 2) just having to see this park even though all pull-throughs were booked. Nice neighbor helped me out.

Good not great spots. Awesome nature

We went to the state park for the weekend. Stayed in the A area which we were told had sewer (it does not but it’s very close to the dump station). Spots were average for a state park. The store at the front has a good variety of anything you might want/need. But, the views, the facilities, and the trails were awesome. Can’t beat lake Guntersville for beauty and nature.

Very quiet friendly campground

We recently spent two enjoyable days at the De Soto State Park improved campground. Site 22 was nice and large and butted up against the trees. Lots of downed trees made for a great fire. . The campground was very full, mostly with fifth wheels and motorhomes. Not too many tents or pop-ups. The facilities were very clean and spacious but not very accessible. We had to walk nearly a quarter of a mile just to reach them on the camp roads. You could use a trail cutting through other campsites to get there quicker via a trail in the woods but be careful as my wife slipped and fell on the slick rocks and leaves. It was one of the quietest campgrounds we’ve ever been in. Accessing the campground from the north can be a little bit harrowing as the roads are steep with hairpin curves and somewhat narrow. The route from the south is much easier particularly if you have a large motorhome or a long fifth wheel. We would definitely stay there again.

Nice New RV Park and Campground

Located in Ashville, Al, Greensport is a jewel of a place to get away and enjoy the beauty of Alabama. It sits on Lake Neely Henry and spreads across many acres. They are building/working on new sites to expand their capacity and they are doing it right. If you are in North Alabama this should be on your list of places to visit!