About Willow River State Park
Hike In
Willow River State Park is located in Wisconsin
29 Reviews of Willow River State Park
Great Camping and Hiking

We camped here during June of 2017. Beautiful campground and hiking. We loved the falls. Our family spent a week here. Went in town to some great places to eat. Stop by the office and get suggestions. The lake was drained so there as no beach, but the dam was going to be repaired and the lake restored in the future. June as the prefect time for us to go. Warm days and cool nights make for great camping and campfires. The Mall of America was not too far of a drive too, if that's your thing!

Great local campground

I have been here countless times because its about 15 minutes from my house. It’s an awesome getaway for the weekend beautiful falls great trails and it’s really well kept and you’re going to hardly find any garbage. Always a good time camping here and the park rangers are pretty chill

Great hiking trails! Wear your micro spikes in the winter!

I've been here several times and have always enjoyed it. The falls are beautiful and the hiking trails are really nice!

Lovely visit!

We only stayed one night, but absolutely loved our experience and the falls were gorgeous!

The trails were fun, though the hill was a bit grueling!

We experienced wonderful customer service, tent camping, nature center and waterfalls.

Beautiful hiking and river access.

We did SO many miles hiking! And at certain points in the river, you are able to get in and swim! We love camping here!

Pretty waterfalls

They have such beautiful waterfalls, This is a great place so taking some amazing pictures, Lots to see and do. We had a great time here..

Beautiful place!

Huge park, you can climb the cliffs surrounding the falls and there are plenty of trail both paved and unpaved.

Big

`This place is huge with more than 100 campgrounds. Got to stay at camp 356 and it is dead quiet around you. You'll only see a tiny light from a distance from another campsite but that's it. you are completely alone. It cost about 15 dollars to reserve a sight and the site recommended us to reserve 2 days in advance, the site was well maintained with a table and fire ring. the restroom was a long walk away but it was really clean. I came during fall and the temperature was really cold, especially at night. I recommend bringing extra layers and firewood. We decided to go hiking and the nature center was really friendly. They gave us a map and suggested places we should visit.They recommended going on and 1 and a half hour loop which we did. The hike was well worth it. The hike felt like I was doing the Appalachian trail all over again. It was really windy and wet. They told us that the weather changes really quickly here so I recommend bringing a rain jacket.