Camping in Golden

161 Reviews of 11 Golden, West Virginia Campgrounds

J
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Great tent camping!

This is a lovely campground! The spots are spacious and tree covered. Many loops are great for tents (our favorite!) It’s full, but doesn’t feel crowded and the guests were quiet. The RV loop has gravel pads and some have enough room to squeeze in a tent. It’s gravely though so be prepared if…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Rain and Mud

We have a camper van 20 ft long. Our first site was way too short and along a road. Second site was better much more private but very un-level. They limited where you could walk your dogs only on a certain loop. It was pouring rain and mud was everywhere. Deep woods sites.

Site199, 165
mThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice little state park

Most lots are gravel with the exception of the handicapped spots. Tomlinson Run has added a few 50amp spots this year 2021. Sites are electric only 30amp with a few 50amp. Plenty of hiking, fishing, paddle boating, mini golf, and swimming in the public pool.

• pets are welcome
  • nice spots spaced apart
Kellie A.
Reviewed May. 24, 2021

My Go-to Weekend Getaway

Saltfork is located about 45 minutes from my house, and makes for the perfect overnight trip.

There are tons of things to do, and lots of space in which to do them. My favorites includes hiking trails, and the lakeside dog park.

I stay in the primitive camping, it allows for more…

SitePrimitive 7
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Nice quiet park

Nice quiet weekend, nice amenities. Will surely Camp this park again.

Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

Love Bark Camp

Love this place,especially early spring and into late fall.... loop B is the boom! Fits our style of camping

Month of VisitApril
HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2021

McCollum campground

Very nice campground, the road though smooth the berm drops at roads edge so watch your trailer wheels. Just a couple miles away is Coopers Rock beautiful scenic views. We’ll be back

L
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2021

Not free

This campground is not free. It was $28 for a non-electric site and I believe I was told it was almost $40 for a site with an electric hookup. There's a picnic table and fire ring at each site, and mine had a hammock post, but I'm not sure if they all do. There are trails and fishing so plenty to…

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 17, 2021

Never disappoints

I’ve been going to coopers rock campground for 25 years and it’s always a clean, pleasant experience. You’re definitely not going to have the privacy that some campgrounds can provide but in terms of facilities, it’s overall a clean and safe experience.

Reviewed Mar. 11, 2021

Sioux primitive sites at Raccoon SP

The Sioux sites at Raccoon are open year round. No electricity but there is a water pump and the pit toilets are clean and well (solar) lit 24 hrs. Four sites, each offers some privacy though we had the place to ourselves in early March.

The nearby hiking is great. Try the Wetlands trail for a…

Eric W.
Reviewed Feb. 9, 2021

Nice campground, kind of far from trails and attractions

Stayed at the Kentuck campground just outside of the town. The campsites are nice. Adequate room, clean bathrooms, and overall a good campground. For us, it wasn't within hiking distance from the main attractions or hiking trails. The campsite sits on top of a long hill with really no room to walk…

Jay R.
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2020

Great Snow Hike

Got out for a couple hours hiking in the snow. It was great. Just what we needed to stretch the legs and enjoy some family time. We did the Palomino Loop.  It also was quite interesting getting to the trail. Some nice snow covered back roads.

Month of VisitJanuary
D
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

LHHT

Oh the LHHT. What can I say. You are beautiful. And a beast. And breathtaking. Rafting in the yough is lovely as well. Such a fun area!

D
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2020

My go-to

This is my absolutely favorite go-to weekend exploration spot. She never looks the same, and every season has a new vista to offer

Julia & Ellison T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2020

Nice and quiet

This rating is just a personal preference. We needed a spot to stay for the night, and the drive up was not worth it. You drive up a long, steep, windy road to the campgrounds, not to mention the drive to get to the town was very out of the way. If you’re on Sprint or T-mobile - there is no…