Waterville, WASHINGTON

Most Recent Waterville Camping Reviews
Owner was rude and dishonest

I called early in the morning to make a reservation. Spoke to a lady. She confirmed an open camping/tent spot for my family & me on the lake with tree cover. Had a hard time finding the place with the directions she gave me. So I called back and spoke to a man this time. Thought I had called the wrong place at first. He confirmed his location, and lake front tent camping spot. We arrived 30min after the call. This campground is clearly not on the lake. The man was very impatient with me. Kept telling me we could camp here but was not going to argue with me. I never argued with the man, never got upset, just extremely confused. He kept demanding my contact & card info. I told him I’d like to see where he was going to put us before I gave him my info. Told him I was out front of the office and he refused to come out side. Then told me he did not have time for this so I said good buy and ended the call.

Wether I mixed up the campgrounds or not. The owner/ office guy at Sunny Spring Resort was a big dick and a lier. My family and I drive 4 hours to came here.

Best Near Leavenworth

It's pricey, but clean and an easy walk into Leavenworth. Free showers which are very clean along with the bathrooms. Owners live on site and are very friendly. Very limited grass, mostly dirt. Pretty tight spots but good to have a place to take a camper for a couple days visit to a very fun town. Visited here in August of 2019, we love Leavenworth and will always take the camper up and stay here, assuming the roads allow coming across the mountains from the west.

Popular Washington State Park

Popular state park that is, as the title hints, at the confluence of the Wenatchee and Columbia Rivers. Big, wide open spaces that are available for day use and popular with locals on the weekends for barbecues and games. Large beach area on the river with swimming.

Many tent and RV spots available, but they are all out, exposed in a kind of open field with a few trees. Nice showers and bathroom facilities on-site. Gorgeous views of the river and surrounding hills everywhere you look. However you do have to navigate the city of Wenatchee office park to get there.

Only 20 miles from Leavenworth, Washington and about 2.5 hours from Seattle. Popular with kids for the playground and lots of flat areas for biking and pick-up softball/football games.

Closed

Has been closed for many years. Will likely be closed until further notice

This place is awesome.

Really easy straight on hike. It is definitely dusty but a really nice change of pace from the trees and mountains. Several waterfalls that you can get super close to. We have not camped there yet but it looked super fun.

Family weekend getaway

Peaceful quiet little campground just before the small old ghost town of Liberty. Lots of off roads and hiking trails to explore.

Great offseason camping

Great place to camp early and late in the season. It’s not as crowded, but you still enjoy the sites. Leavenworth is about 20 minutes away. Throughout the season, there is plenty to observe around the campground from wildflowers to critters playing.

BeBee Campground

One of the best campgrounds I have stayed at. Ball fields, tennis and basketball courts. The restrooms that are kept in very clean condition. Swimming and boating right there on the Columbia River. Walmart up on top of the hill 6 miles in Chelan. They have a dump station here also. Great Place for family and kids…

Platform Style Camping Pads Ideal For Scenic Views

If a single site could ever embody a feeling of being detached and isolated while also being surrounded by natures warm reception, the Lake Creek Campground would be that location.

Having checked out Fox Creek only a short distance away from this location I thought it simply could not get better, however having arrived a bit later in the day I had missed out on the riverside location I had desired. I opted to drive upward toward the Chelan Recreation Area and try my luck as the road began to change to a more bumpy terrain. Just before arriving at the area, to which I certainly could not navigate with my small car,

I found this location and was inspired to stop and see how it could differ from the last. I was elated to discover how the site was near empty in comparison and seemed to offer such a unique experience in comparison to others.

Each site was distanced at a comfortable spacing from the last and provided a comfortable amount of room to move freely. I really enjoyed the layout of these sites, while they did offer a bit less tree coverage they more than made up for that in views. In the not so distant view there were mountains visible and the escarpment of parking level and camping level made for a beautiful dynamic for camping without interruption.

A parking pad was located at the top with a few steps downward to the camping area. Though only a few feet higher than the lower pad, the barrier of the height formed a near soundproofing from the roadway or other campers.

The camping pad was equipped with standard amenities of a fire ring and picnic table but more impressively the view of the river flowing just a short distance below was like a post card. The pad site was even and hard packed but had just enough give thanks to the pine needles which lined its top layer. Camping here is no frills, no water or electricity and only vault toilets.

But with views like this who even seems to mind. It seemed like a steal for only$10 and though I had no cell service I felt safe as I saw a Forest Ranger pulling though to check on the location and make sure fees had been collected at the honor box.

If you visit this location I recommend Site 6. After driving through camp there were several very impressive sites but this one had a magical feel to it as the sunset over the treeline and beams of light filtered through well into dusk. It also provided some amazing night sky views.

Tips:

• You will need an America the Beautiful Pass or a National Recreation Pass, Discover Passes are not honored here as this is a national site not a state maintained site.
  • Check the entry kiosk at the pay station, this will have a full listing of rules and regulations and will additionally have information about any possible burn bans in the area.
  • If you are wanting to visit the Chelan Recreation Area and do not have a 4 wheel drive or high clearance vehicle I do not advise visiting from the entry point on this side. Instead enter on the Chelan Lake entrance side.
Remote Campground On River

When I was traveling the Cascade Loop I quickly learned that cell signal is something to be desired.  However it was through this common issue that I discovered a happy accident with Fox Creek Campground.    Nestled many miles down a well paved roadway winding through the forests a small sign indicated the turn in for a quaint campground maintained by the Forest Service.

A word of warning before you venture here, if it has been raining a lot you want to be aware that you might experience flooding in some of the campsites due to their proximity to the river.   But should you venture when it is not raining, this campground is one you would fall in love with quickly if you enjoy something a little off the beaten path.

Sites are available for only $10 and the no frills camping offers only vault toilets as amenities.  However each campsite is fairly even and has room to spread out without having to worry to much about your neighbors.  Each site offers the basics of a picnic table and fire ring in addition to lantern hooks.    Sites have clear marked paved parking areas and signage indicates there is no parking in non specified areas.

Much like other campgrounds in the area this location does not accept the Discover Pass however does require a Recreation Pass to be displayed.  This includes the America the Beautiful Pass.

The campsite I decided upon was well cleared for camping however offered the canopy of tall trees to keep the sunshine from beaming down.    The pack of the ground below was even and clear of debris which made for a perfect set up for my tent and with a fine covering of pine needles provided just enough cushion to make for a comfortable evening.

Something I did notice at this location that made it a bit more unique than other camps in the area were the Mosquito Bite Free Zone hangers.     I am not sure if they had been left by other campers or if they were provided by Forest Service but they were a great feature which seemed to really keep the bug away when I visited.

Being a part of the National Forest seeing the nature of the area was quite beautiful as the sunset passed through the trees and the sound of the water flowing quietly put me to sleep at night.

Tips:

* Firewood is not to be gathered at the campsite but can be purchased at the Silver Falls Guard Station nearby.   Otherwise you will want to bring wood with you when you travel this way because you will be quite a ways from town.

* If you are dependent on solar power, there are a few sites which have less tree coverage, however these are near the water and are coveted so arrive early to make sure you secure these.

* This area is considered to be closed waters and does not allow fishing even with license.   If you are looking to recreationally fish, you might check another campground in the area off the river.   Many of the river camps are not accessible for fishing.