Frederickson, WASHINGTON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Frederickson Camping Reviews
Great Spot!

Awesome little campground. Trails to walk & amazing customer service!!! Would love to return in the summer!

American Lake Camp Ground (JBLM)

Good little camp ground on post with almost everything you need. It is in the wilderness, on the lake, but it is also fairly close to stores and gas stations. Long term max is 28 days per spot. All hookups available trash laundry showers bathrooms fire pits as well as grills all in each spot

Nice State Park on donated PR Cate forest. Millersvanyia means "forest Glade".

Nice family park for camping, swimming, fishing, hiking, and limited hiking in old growth and 2nd generation forest.

Traditional Camping Option Within Short Drive Of Mount St Helens area

When venturing to Mount St Helens area I wanted to find a campground relatively close by to stay before visiting the next day. I found Lewis and Clark State Park along the way and opted to give it a shot for an overnight. The site looked comfortable and quiet and was well shaded and welcoming.

Pulling into the campground I noticed several areas to enjoy recreationally alongside camping including public park areas with covered outdoor kitchen zones perfect for those enjoying the area for day use. Additionally there were several areas with play equipment and outdoor activities for singles or the family to enjoy.

Pulling into the camping loop area sites were well spaced and shaded by large vibrant trees. Soft mosses lined walkways and created a feeling of being deep into the forest without being far removed from actual civilization and it was a nice departure from many of the more commercial looking camps of the area which lacked the forest feel.

The camp site I chose was equipped with the standard amenities of a picnic table and fire ring and the pull in section was just large enough for my smaller car. Throughout camp I did notice some sites were designed specifically for tent campers while others would cater better to larger units. Something unique about this location was it offered bike in campers sites as well with much smaller pull in areas but just as much space to spread out and set up their tents.

The bath house was very nice as it was heated and had hot water, though when I was there I did encounter a slight concern with using this bathhouse because there was a current e coli water warning which was displayed throughout camp on all water spigots. This left me more than a little leary about using the water in the bathroom turning what could have been a warm amazing shower into a bit of a concerning experience.

Because of this concern I noticed they had hand sanitizer placed in the restrooms, which was a great concession considering the issue at hand.

While this was a campsite I did enjoy, I feel as though with the water concerns I could not fully embrace all the features of camp which did hinder me slightly from fully being able to embrace all of the options. Should I return to this area I would check in advance to see if the water was a concern before staying another night.

The campground, like many in the area, advocate recycling.  Not only will you find trash cans and dumpsters throughout camp but you will also find recycling barrels scattered throughout camp.    I truly enjoyed this feature of the park as it is making a difference in the bigger picture and you can commonly find items created from recycled items such as benches and tables located throughout various state parks as continued improvements occur.

All in all, for someone just wanting to enjoy a night at a quiet campground this would be a great one to check out in the area. While it lacks some of the amenities of other campgrounds in the area which are more destination style camps it has a lot of charm for those wanting to enjoy fun with family or friends in a more traditional camping style.

TIPS:

• Check in advance for water related issues not only at this campground but others in the area.
  • Make a stop just before the entrance of the park at the Jackson House Historic Site. This site is a major portion of the area’s rich history and with several unique signs which walk you through the significance of the area you will be enriched by this short stop.
  • Make sure you have a Discover Pass!! Any stay in Washington you will want to make sure you have this pass.
GREAT LOCATION TO HIKING TRIALS

VERY NICE CAMPSITE. VERY CLOSE TO LENA LAKE TRIAL HEAD. VERY QUIET AND VERY CLOSE TO THE RIVER.

Calm tranquil lakeshore

This state park is gem. We winter camped here in February and were pleasantly surprised! The sunset over the mountains was amazing and the dogs loved swimming and fetching sticks. Nice level paved spots, some drive thru even. Clean bathrooms hot showers! Only draw back is that they are token showers. You can get tokens by the adorable lakefront cabins or main entrance. We like it so much we’re staying a second night.

This campgroud was spotless, quiet and beautiful.

Eastcreek is extremely quiet, impeccably maintained all the spaces are really spread out, so your neighbors aren’t right on top of you. It’s a beautiful campground with amazing natural scenery everywhere you look.

Closed

Road is currently closed, bummer.

Very clean

Will come back love it

A river runs through it.

Stayed in this campground on the last part of my first solo trip. I was a little anxious due to not having this site reserved ahead of time but I made it to the campground early and picked a suitable enough site for one night. The Rangers in the visitor center at the campground were super great. The site I ended up choosing was okay, but the site next to it kind of over run into my site, and the couple next to me too full advantage of that, so it left me slightly uncomfortable. Otherwise, the campground itself was clean and well maintained. The trails that lead out of the campground were great and branched off in every direct so I hiked in the area for an entire afternoon. I would potentially try to fins another campground in this area if I'm ever out that way again, but if nothing presented itself I would stay here again. The river being just down the bank from the campsite provided fantastic ambiance and white noise when bedtime rolled around, especially considering the other people in the sites next to mine were in very close proximity.