The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Little Washington , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Little Washington Camping Reviews
River Riders Harpers Ferry Campgrounds

Very, very rustic and rural. Few campers so we had a lot of space to ourselves, met some great people; a couple returning to Michigan ending a trip to Florida, also Jeff Ashby of Ashby Gap Adventures and John Hayes who were training a new guide. Had great views of the river and beginnings of the old tow path and lock system. Major attraction here is zip line, kayaking, and white water.

Backcountry with Trail Access

This site is perfect for first time backcountry campers. A two mile trail leads to several campsites that are spaced widely apart. Easy access to rivers/water source. Sites 3 and 7 were my favorite.

Buen lugar para acampar una noche.

Es un lugar muy organizado y limpio, tiene todos los servicios en orden. Personalmente prefiero lugares mas silvestres, pero es un buen lugar para 1 noche.

Beautiful park

We stay here at least 6 trips a year. Nice layout, not all sites are level (half). Staff are always nice and go out of their way to help.

Camping During Covid

Stayed first weekend of Spring, some of the campsites are on a creek or river. Only $1o due to Covid, loads to do including a rather enormous grass clearing for picnic, bridge and cabin, fishing and hiking complete with billboards describing the hike. It was beautiful and the stars at night were breathtaking. We met one of the volunteer park rangers who suggested we drive about 15 min into town to Woodstock to a viewpoint and right below is a local store where they make THE BEST homemade sandwiches and desserts.

Great campground hidden away in the city. Clean sites include table and fire pit. Restrooms were clean, closed daily for cleaning between 1 pm - 3 pm. Two showers were included but didn’t use it so not sure about pressure or heat. The ranger delivers firewood to your site within about 10-15 min of calling, which was very convenient. Cost was $5 for 8 logs. Dump station and trash were just outside of the loop. Site 6 was good but not for larger rigs. We have a pop up and had to navigate around a tree that would have been very difficult for larger rigs. Site 5 or 7 wouldn’t have that problem. Bring bug and tick spray - definitely need it! We hiked the brown trail and it was a nice walk. We have AT&T and had two bars pretty consistently. We would stay here again.

Large, level and well spaced.

Some of the largest sites we’ve ever seen in a state park. I don’t believe there is a bad site in the park. We had rabbits grazing at our site too. Shenandoah NP is about a 10 mile drive away.

Great amenities - tight spots

There is a lot on offer here to keep everyone busy. The town of Harpers Ferry is very close and lots of great trails to explore in the nearby area. Casino in Charles Town is also close if that’s your thing. Wifi and cell service was great.

Only thing I didn’t care for is the sites are pretty close together and some of the back-in sites are not very level. We were camping with friends so knew the people in the sites on both sides so didn’t mind the closeness, but otherwise that wouldn’t have been great.

A great escape from the DC area.

We camped here in early April 2021. The first weekend open of the season. This is a smaller campground, only 34 sites, but it had all you needed. Only an hour from the DC area. Sites were generous, and equipped with a good fire pit, and space for parking two cars at our site (12). The parking/tent site was gravel. Picnic table was large and there were two places to hang a lantern. 12/13 were electric sites and water access for the area was right in front of 13. Our friends had a rather large trailer (30 ft) and it "just fit" on site 13. There was a walking path to the bathhouse between 13 and 14. Sites 8-11 were on a nice open field, with some smaller trees. There are lots of trails in the area, though we didn't explore too many on this trip. Bathhouse was simple, but effective with steamy, hot water! People were good about keeping their space in this COVID era (signs for masks for the bathroom, but I never was in there with anyone other than my own family). It was so very cold the first night we were there (25!). We took advantage of our electric site and used a small space heater to take the edge off of that night! Park attendants were the most attentive I have ever seen, making their rounds every 30 min or so. You can hear (when its quiet) the low hum of noise from a nearby road, but I didn't find it troubling. Overall this is a great, easy to sneak away to spot for those of us close to DC.

Skyline Ranch RV Resort

First off, this place is really outdated. The spots are too small, so I would suggest staying on gravel. The camps and condos are so undated. I wouldn’t stay in them. The camp/rv spots rent monthly for $800 for water, sewer, and electricity (doesn’t include extras like wifi), which is way to much. The water has problems and runs orange and ruined some of my clothes. They will not reimburse you for anything being ruined. Don’t get me started about how much the condos/camps are a night. Too much for an outdated condo/camp!!

The staff is friendly. Bathrooms are okay, but outdated.

The event they have once a year is too loud and too wild! Which is sad for a family camp ground. They should be more morally grounded for family. That event is not kid friendly at all. I didn’t care for the other events.

They have two washer and dryers on site, but you can only use one at a time and it cost, so it’s better just to go to the laundry mat.

The pool is not just for Skyline use. They let the public come use it as well. Which really sucks for renters paying $800 a month, the public shouldn’t be aloud to join in on the pool. It should be private.

I would not recommend this place or return any time soon.