Camping in Franks Mill

465 Reviews of 52 Franks Mill, Virginia Campgrounds

Craig B.
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Highest high

Beautiful spot to really get to see what you can't see down low, if you visit in the fall bring long sleeves because it is windy and quite a few degrees cooler then down below.

Kaylee G.
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2021

Night Sky for miles

Reserved a water/electric site only to be near a bathhouse. Traveling with a toddler equals twice the mess.

Site was a decent size because it accommodates RVs. The site was crushed rock, which wasn't ideal but it was quiet even throughout.

Bathhouse looked like it was fairly new. Loved…

• Looking up from our site
  • Road into the state park
    Play button icon
  • One half of our site
c
Reviewed Sep. 19, 2021

Most Amazing Weekend!

This past weekend was absolutely wonderful!! The park ranger was super nice and helpful and the campground was one of the best we have been to yet. We highly recommend this campground.

SiteB3
Brittany B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

My favorite campground!

This was my first stop on my cross country trip from Virginia to California and out of all the amazing places I’ve seen, this is by far my favorite spot!

Brian B.

Enjoy your stay

Nice large campground with 2 handicapped sites close to the bathroom. Camp store where you can buy firewood, ice, and most anything you may have forgotten. Campsites are fairly well spread apart, most have a patch of woods between them. Bear boxes are at some of the sites for storing your food.…

Vy N.The Dyrt PRO User

Cleanest Bathrooms

This campground has some of the nicest facilities of any campground I've stayed at. We camped in a trailer on a site without hookups. At this time of the year, it wasn't very busy. They provide firewood on the honor system. It's a short walk from the brewery.

Month of VisitFebruary
Imagine T.The Dyrt PRO User

Cute Bunnys Bad wifi

Overall this could be a great park. Everything needs a new coat of paint. And the wifi is just not working then need a new router. Hot tubs were great. Some sites need to be more level I had to lower my nose all the way down and still not level.

M
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2021

Glampers r us

If you're a glamper this is your place. Staff is nice. Store is nice as well.

Tracey G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 11, 2021

Love this campground !

We absolutely love this campground! We prefer smaller, quieter, more rural campgrounds with lots of trees, natural features, and quiet, respectful neighbors.

This campground had the friendliest staff, awesome, well maintained grounds, plenty of activities and a great location near many…

SiteB25
Jon C.

Small secluded campground

Less than 10 campsites situated in a small creek/canyon away fro the main park. Great for seclusion. Good tree cover. Pitted toilets, pay for showed down the road at the ranger station, hand pumped water on site. It was raining most of my stay so I was not able to full experience the attractions…

LThe Dyrt PRO User

Quiet easy access

This is our 3rd time staying here on our travels. Sites are nice. Staff is friendly and helpful. The Civil War history and sites are very interesting. And the Caverns right at the campground are very beautiful! Would recommend at least 3 nights to get it all in.

• Play button icon
SiteE40
PThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Good experience - skip the tour

We found this campground via a great YouTube video. Drove in shortly after Ida hit so it was washed out (gravel issues). Glad I had 4WD because I needed it to get my camper into the site. Site c35 was private but sloped. Many other sites looked bigger and flatter. Lots of pull throughs and big rigs…

Sitec35
Jonathan  F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

This is a KOA?!?!

Really impressed. I’m used to KOAs being very tight. Not so much here, it’s just right. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

Kellie A.
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Beautiful and Quiet.

Cannot recommend camping here enough!! Sites are well situated, and very private. Especially the walk up sites, they're the real gem. Every site has a picnic table and fire ring. Pit toilets are maintained, but towards the end of our trip there was no TP for the last two days. Prepare…

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2021

Great campground

Well run, clean, organized camp. Level sites. Nice fishing pond they deliver ice and fire wood and pick up trash from ur site b

• pond