The best WALK IN camping near
Ednas Mill , VIRGINIA

Most Recent Ednas Mill Camping Reviews
Love

To kayak here it’s the bomb !

Great park for every day

Nice walking trails for younger kids and easy access from both sides or town me an my son come here all the time

Impressed

Spent Halloween here on a last minute reservation and man were we happy! This campsite is remote to the rest of VA for the most part, but hey isn’t that what camping is all about? Site #16 was perfect. It was gravel site that was level and very well maintained. Possibly our favorite campground in a VA State Park so far, it was that great of an experience. Come stocked with food and water since I don’t think there’s any large food markets that are close by (I could be wrong). We had water hookups and electric. They also have firewood sold at the campground that they sell on the honor system.

Great place!

I’m bad with names, I must say very nice people I stayed a little over a month here.

Quick in town get away

Good little spot for last minute camping in town. There is a lake for fishing with boat rentals available. Not very quite as it’s located near a busy road. (Saunders road). You can hear cars ambulance etc. all night. You must reserve your spot in advance. RV, tent, hammock, and fire friendly.

Lovely and lively

Every camper’s dream spot. Seriously, this modern giant state park has it all: mostly private sites, a paved road for biking, plenty of tree cover( even in winter) a lifetime’s worth of trails to explore, and clean, legit bathrooms and showers. Firewood for sale by QR code, almost total darkness at night. Site 118 was perfect for our camper van. Could see one site across the road but other neighbors were mostly hidden. Short walk to showers and toilet. Powhatan Trail entrance is right off the loop and lovely, even in December. Pack your bags and go!

So Much To Do!

This campground is beautiful! We have been here multiple times but have only car camped here one night. This park has trails, a sprayground, playground, camping, cabins, nature center, and picnic areas. I love this park. It really is beautiful. We stayed here one night for a vintage scooter rally. The bathrooms were very clean and well lit. It was nice and quiet and I love the campsites themselves. It was a nice site with a picnic table, lantern holder, and tent pad. The camp store was closed by the time we arrived but we had everything we needed. We even did a little Geocaching fun while we were there. I love this park and look forward to more camping hopefully next year. They do have yurts and cabins too. Great place for stargazing but city lights are close by.

Meh!

This campground is definitely for trail bikers and RVers. The campsites fill up quickly. If you do not reserve your spot early, you may be placed near the road, where traffic is an issue. There is not much more to do at this park

Very nice

The water at the beaches is so shallow great for my son ! It’s a beautiful place !

Lovely November Trip 🔥

Camped on a Friday night, had site 106. It was a really nice site: set back a bit from the road, fairly wooded, not a long walk to the bathhouse water/electric hook-ups, and a long back-in driveway. Nice fire ring with grill (that had been cleaned), lantern/trash pole, picnic table. Pea gravel tent pad. Honor pay wood.

After a neighboring camper left we noticed they were disinfecting the campsites very well. Picnic tables, electric/water areas, fire pit areas, poles, etc. were all getting sprayed down between campers.

Walked around the trails on Saturday. The trail around Beaver Lake was a really nice 2.5 mile loop. Gorgeous in November. Like most weekends, a bit busy on a Saturday. Everything’s open right now, and masks are required in common areas, bath houses, etc.