Bradford, VERMONT
Most Recent Bradford Camping Reviews
Ski bum camping

Perfect for ski bums. Access to xcs, downhill, and snow machine trails.

Great pit stop

Stayed here for a wedding. They sites were clean and everyone was friendly. The pool and bathrooms are clean and very nice! Quiet campground, we were there during the fall. Loved our grassy site!

Within walking distance to Santas Village. Would highly recommend Waterwheel for breakfast/brunch!

Simple campimg.

This place is a gem.  It closes after the first snowfall of the year and will not re open untill it all thaws.  But head here in the fall to see the beautiful colors. Outhouse toilet no running water but there are wells to get fresh water. Hiking all over around here.

Family oriented, clean place

Lots of family oriented activities. Fire truck ride, flashlight candy scavenger hunt, etc.

Things appear to be clean and well maintained. 50amp didn't seem to work at my site but 30amp was fine.

The mini-golf is in bad shape.

The camp store is well stocked but pricey, even for a convenience store.

The sites are very close together with very little trees or anything to break it up. You are right on top of your neighbors.

Into the campground

This was my first visit to the campground. The staff and everyone was friendly. I stayed in the woods and it was great being out in nature. I went in 2018 and this year I am being my sister and nieces. Love the Segway tour and the adventure zip lining and the coaster it’s a fun place and I can’t wait to return.

Has everything you need to enjoy campling

Easy access.clise to everything you might want to do and still a quite place. Showers are great. Fishing is great with many locations to fish at

White Mountain Favorite

Bond cliff trail wooden platforms and a three sided cabin (fills up quickly) at 4360 ft. Getting to the sites is pretty strenuous, but totally worth it!

We got to the site, claimed our platform and hiked over to West Bond to catch a beautiful sunset. Bear box located at a communal “cooking area” and cold spring water located at the site. Composting outhouse was surprisingly very clean!

There are some overflow sites that are more private, which I wish we knew about!

Small fee of $10 to stay, caretakers are awesome and knowledgeable! Would go back again in a heartbeat!

Family Camping

Best for families, HUGE campground.

Beach is beautiful and long on White Lake. Lots of trails to walk on and explore. Playgrounds and a little store to grab snacks and whatever you may have forgotten.

Sites are kinda close together, but overall were clean. Would come back here again for sure! Close to Conway and right off rte 16.

Hikers Paradise

First come first serve off the Kancamagus Highway on the Lincoln side. Pick your site and pay (cash or check) using the envelopes provided.

Stayed here before we hiked the Hancocks. Had to find the caretaker, but he was friendly.

Sites were clean, we went off season so we had the whole place to ourselves. Would go again!

Cozy Hideaway on Awesome Hike!

The Camp Penacook Shelter is a nice stopping point on a moderately difficult hike up to the peak of Mt. Chocorua. As you head up the Piper Trail, as you're nearing the 3 mile mark, it starts to get steep and mostly stone steps. Luckily, right as you begin to tire, the branch for the Spur Trail appears! A little bit down this trail, and boom, you can see the Camp Penacook shelter tucked away in a little clearing with a vista.

This is a 3-sided shelter with a fairly low roof. You could fit one larger tent or two smaller tents, but I highly suggest sleeping in the open air! When I stayed here, there were 7 of us, and we comfortably laid side by side with our packs tucked against the back wall. The roof peaks in the middle, and it was nice to have the extra space in front of the shelter that is still covered by the roof (it was a little drizzly the morning we left). There is a fire pit with a grill rack, but I highly recommend a personal camp stove for reliability.

Back towards the main piper trail is a brook where you can pump water if you have a filter. It can be hard to determine where the bank is if there's still snow on the ground, so be careful! But the proximity of the stream was very convenient. Also nearby the shelter is a pit toilet. There's a social trail down to the toilet which is kind of tough to spot, so make sure you find it in the daylight! And bring your own TP.

The Camp Penacook Shelter is a first-come, first-serve deal, so get there first! It's not really out of the way, so drop your big packs off in the shelter to mark your spot, and then finish the hike to the top with just your water bottle (and camera!). The mile and a half to the summit is scrambles up some slick rock, which can still be icy in spots in the spring. It was very helpful that I removed my pack to do this! The views from the summit are breathtaking, and with a place to sleep not far below, you can stay at the summit as long as you want. This shelter has many amenities for being stuck on the side of a mountain, and I highly recommend making the trip with some friends.

Amazing campground.

First off the store is phenomenal. You could forget anything and they would have. Excellent camping store. Lots of fun things to do for the kids. Very busy

Love the proximity to Story Land!

This is a nice little campground for families, especially those looking to check out Story Land which is literally next door. We stayed here for a few days. One bath house and multiple flush out houses around. Pool and playground were great for our little ones. The people running the site were very nice and accommodating. They do wagon rides around the site in the evening too.

Small campground

This is a small campground. Some are first come first serve sites. A couple are walk in. Most are right along the loop and have easy access. Small campers and tents are best here. There are pit toilets around the loop. There are showers at the bathhouse at the beach. There is two pavilions for rent. There is a small pond with beach area where you can swim or boat in non motorized boats. There a trail around the pond. Fishing is also allowed here. Very nice clean park.

Relaxing

Camping here is always nice since it never closes. Near the river allows for relaxing nights.

Great location

I stayed at Hancock campground in mid April this year. Great clean accessible bathrooms, beautiful grounds and large campgrounds. Leashed dogs are allowed. There are both walk-in and drive up tent sites. The walk-in sites are directly next to the beautiful Pemi River. Great overall would return again.

Bears every night

We spent 5 days and wished it was longer. The campground was clean, staff was wonderful and the amenities were great! There were 2 active bears while we were there. They circled our camper at night. It was incredible to watch. Of course we never left any food out! It was the vacation of a lifetime for our grandchildren. This campground has a beautiful pool to cool off in, a nice playground and arcade for the kids. It’s located in the heart of everything. If you need something it’s a quick drive away. We will be going back for sure!

Little River is a must-do

Little River is one of my favorite campgrounds ever! A group of friends and I decided to get one last camping trip in before winter hit - and we came across Little River on this website. Most sites were taken (as they usually are) so plan your stay well in advance. I'd recommend sites 26 (where we stayed), 27, 40, 51, 77 and 81. There's also a few easy historical hiking trails within the campground if you don't feel like leaving for a whole day to hike! For those who stay up late to stargaze - getting down to the reservoir at night can be a little tricky - but its worth it to see the moon/stars reflect on the water.

Amazing Campground!

My girlfriend and I visited last year for a nice getaway and absolutely loved the park. The spots were spacious with enough privacy between sites. The lake was gorgeous to swim in and had different rafts and stuff in the water for public use. The bathrooms were well maintained along with the showers.

Very secluded. Great camp spot

Only stayed at the shelter. It was late march with over 4' of snow still on the ground. Not sure if tent platforms still available. Shelter is in decent shape. Older but good. Super quiet. No human noise. We never saw any else. Had to blaze our own trail on Ethan pond trail. New snow over a week old and no tracks

Can’t get enough!

My wife and I went here for our first ever camping experience together when we started dating. We had a small tent, it ended up raining most of the trip, we got soaked. The staff at the campground were so nice, they let us change into one of their cabins. They are such a nice addition to their campground, allowing you to have more space but still be in the wilderness. Since then we’ve been back two other times and would go back in a heartbeat. The reservoir is beautiful and it’s close enough to great food and drink in town.

Learning field hockey & camping with daughter

Nice campsite downstairs and then flat. Plenty of room. Used it for daughter to teach me field hockey. In sept. Got a little cold at night but had plenty to cover up with. Make sure have some dry wood & fire starter help to keep that fire going for s’mores, but we still did some. Only if don’t mind very minimal outhouse type bathroom. Only 1 night while we went to Highland games at loon mountain practically next door the next day. Ate at Chinese food place up the street and went shopping too.

Fantastic wooded getaway

We are -campground owners and get one or two opportunities to escape our campground during the summer for 1 or 2 nights. We always choose to go camping. We love the white mountains and often choose Lost River! We choose the furthest site out next to the river. It's great to be in nature, next to the flow of the river, enjoying a nap or a morning cup of coffee. Lost river is very popular but we escape during the week so things are less hectic, which we prefer. The owners are great and always open to swapping -campground owner stories. We recommend this place to all of our friends.

Family campground

Owners are very friendly and helpful. Has seasonals, tent sites and RV sites. The swimming pool is very inviting and the bathrooms are always attended to. The one thing we loved the most was that the kids could ride their bikes around safely. We also found out that one weekend each summer they close the campground down to the public and fill all the sites with military families. They treat these families to free camping, activities to keep the kids busy and all of their meals for free!

Some open sites, some woodsy!

Pool, playground, larger campground for this area. Full hookups, seasonal options, new owners!

Well equipped campground!

This campground has everything! Horse carriage rides, paved roads, 2 pools, playgrounds, mini golf, fireworks…

Primitive, woodsy full hookups!

Awesome owners with a small campground! Swimming pond and pool. Small Playground. Pull through, back in, tent sites.. we go here every memorial day for their 1 set of awning to awning sites with our camping buddies!

Secluded and quiet

Nice place to get away from it all. Very wooded and private sites. Many have lean-tos and brick ovens.

Quiet family-friendly campground

Cute little campground with many sites right on the river. My family has stayed here twice. You can't really swim much in the river, but the kids had a blast playing in it and fishing for little trout.