The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Harrison , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Harrison Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Harrison Camping Reviews
Beautiful Primative Riverside Campground/Friendly Caring Rangers

Had a two night stay reserved, Hurricane Zeta had other plans. We arrived after visitor center had closed, but were able to locate and set up camp before sun went down. We were staying in A-16 just next to the natural trail that takes you off the Hiwassee/Ocoee Scenic River State Park grounds and into Cherokee National Forest. Our site had views of the southern edge of the Appalachian mountains and they were “smokey” all day. It would be beautiful to camp here anytime of year. The less leaves the better the views.

We set our rain shelter porch and tent on the flattest part of the large campsite. All the sites I saw were pull through style. This seemed to be to make allowance for vehicles with trailers towing River recreational gear like canoes/kayaks and the like. It is park of the extensive Tanasi river recreation area. Other reviewers likely have more to say on this. We were there off season during late October.

The next day we went to the visitors center to check on the weather and found out were in the cone of what was becoming a hurricane zeta. At the time it didn’t look like it would be anything more than rain by the time it got there, I asked the staff member to let us know if the forecast changed to a situation where we should breakdown camp. She said of course. Very friendly and very on top it of it. Maps were readily available.

We went for a drive through the National Forest and enjoy the many views of the river. I would recommend downloading a map of the area on google maps before spending time out there as the connection is spotty. We made our way back to and we’re planning to hike a trail as the rain had stopped, when a park ranger cane by to tell us they were predicting a quicker arrival of the storm meaning it would be a lot stronger when it got to our area. He said he didn’t want to leave for the day before letting us know the conditions were not safe. We packed up and left. I very much appreciated this care for their campers. This experience speaks so highly of the Rangers. Every exchange was thoughtful and respectful. Would return anytime. As we are boaters, I think I would probably stick to off season.

Cheap, Pretty, and Simple

This is a very simple, very basic park. It's $20/night and you get a spacious spot with a nice view. The dump site isn't the best and there's nothing spectacular about it other than the cost. The restrooms are pretty stretched out to, so you'll want to drive to it but walk depending on your spot. I wouldn't recommend this one for families, but me and some buddies went to this one and it was perfectly fine.

Cloudland Canyon Camping Solo with 4 kids!

I’m a mom and aunt to 4 kiddos and decided to go camping with them but they are 10, 8, 6 and 3 so I knew I would struggle to get the tent up for all of us, and it was a bit chilly for the littles. So, I opted for the yurt option at Cloudland Canyon! It was a beautiful spot! Had everything we needed within the state park. Snacks/drinks at check in. Felt secluded but had other yurts nearby and a very clean bathroom and shower area! I’ve tent camped a lot and this was a very memorable experience for all the kids! We made breakfast on the campfire, watched Hocus Pocus late inside the yurt (using my computer and Hot spot from my phone) and hiked during the day! The views were spectacular (but whoa if you are afraid of heights) 😬 I will go back!

Wonderful rv Park

Fantastic place, nice little store, beautiful sunrise makes you ready for day of Adventures. Nice level gravel spots

This camp ground has it all!

Very nice campground pool, playground, and games for all ages. Laundry and cable too! This place is Close to everything you’ll want to do in Chattanooga Tennessee

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

Worth it.

Great park. Nicely maintained, friendly staff, spacious and spread out sites. We stayed in walk-in 19. It's a half mile from parking and the comfort building, and the trail is covered in tree routes, so wheeled items (coolers, wagons) may not do very well. But what a great place to get outside! No bugs in October. Did see some armadillos!

Once settled, go hike! The West Rim trail is manageable. Be careful with dogs, as parts of the trail have grated stairs, and dog feet don't do well on the grates.

But the view are spectacular.

With more time, we would have done the waterfalls trails as well.

In all, excellent place. Will certainly go back.

Great Campground

We love camping at Fort Mountain. Its usually a good bit cooler due to the elevation, and the private wooded campsites make tent camping in Georgia’s summer heat much more enjoyable. Good hiking and things to do nearby.

Love this place

Bathrooms have hot showers and flushing toilets the trails and waterfalls are beautiful the sites are nice and private would definitely come here again absolutely wonderful place

My go-to campground

Beautifully kept campground. Tons of room to walk and play. Great swimming and fishing. Boating is huge here Bc there are docks all around the campground to pull up to. Playgrounds everywhere. Nice, new bathhouse on the island at the back of campground. Affordable place to stay a few nights. Believe it’s 21 for water and electric RV sites. Dump stations throughout park. I use the BIG one at the entrance/exit of park, nobody ever there 👌🏻. Rangers patrol this place every 30 minutes at least. Very safe place. Try and grab a spot that I marked on the map, you’ll have tons of shade and close access to all the good stuff!