Five Forks , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Five Forks Camping Reviews
Very nice place

Smallish campground with 20 sites on a loop around the bathhouse, which was clean and well lit. My girlfriend and I spent two nights and had nothing but good impressions. The entire park is very well maintained, and the staff was visible and helpful. An excellent state park!

Good primitive camping

Stayed this weekend and had a good time. The area is clean and well maintained. There is a lot of wood to gather for your fire but if you want to buy firewood then you’ll have to drive to the speedway about 10 minutes down the road. Once we arrived, the ranger came by and greeted us and gave us the code for the front gate since it is locked from 8 pm to 8 am. The river is about half a mile from the campground and has a put in for kayaks. There’s only one toilet for the entire campground however it was very clean. Good phone service for AT&T and Verizon. I would definitely camp here again!

NOT ENOUGH STARS!

Lisa and Brian are some of the nicest people I've ever met, Lisa is the epitome of Southern charm and hospitality and Brian my brother in arms my shipmate gave me a much needed lesson in sawmills which I appreciate more than he will ever know! Their place is a lil slice of heaven and a welcome escape from the world let their animals sooth your whoas and leave a better person and let me tell you leaving was hard. Thanks Lisa and Brian you will not be forgotten easily!

Interesting State Park

Our GPS wanted us to take Jones Lake State Park Rd, that was closed off, about 300 yards before the main park entrance. They have good directions on their website to follow. Check-in was easy. We proceeded to site 8, back-in with FHUs and 50 AMP. The roads were narrow but one way. Our back-in was a little challenging with our 39’ 5th wheel due to brush across the road, but very doable. Utilities were centrally located to the pad. Water pressure was good at around 50 psi. We got 2 bars on Verizon, a variety of OTA channels, and clear shot to the southern sky for satellite. Six of the CG’s back-in sites are FHUs with both 30 & 50 AMP. However, there are very spacious pull thru sites, but no hook ups, not even electric. We could have extended our stay and dry camped in one of these spots but there’s no dump station. This made us wonder if the state ran out of money or if they are still building? This was a very nice CG with well spaced campsites and a good trail system. There are no water views from the CG but the lake is a short walk. The CG is essentially a large circle with even numbers to the inside and odd numbered pull thru sites and some smaller tent sites to the outside. There is also a group tent camping area. FHU sites are 2, 4, 6, 8, 18& 20 and are long enough for large rigs. Back-in site 18, which is a handicap spot, could be a tight back-in for a trailer over 38’. Eighteen is pretty much a 90 degree turn plus there’s a water spigot and metal recycle container directly across the street to contend with. There are water spigots about every 4 sites(near sites 3, 7, 11, etc.) throughout the CG. There is a newer looking shower house conveniently located between sites 16& 18 that we didn’t use. The 3 nights we stayed over a weekend, the CG was maybe half full so very quiet and peaceful. If we could book one of the FHU sites or they add a dump station, we would stay here again.

Love it

Amazing! Brian and Lisa have done an amazing job making their place welcoming to all. A working farm that even had the dog smiling at the end of the day. We hated to leave but plan to go back!! Thanks, Marty and Katy

Lumber River Chalk Banks

Pretty nice campground right off of hwy 401, just south of Raeford NC. There is a pit toilet and water spigot. There are no showers here. The Lumber River is right here, so fishing and canoeing/kayaking are popular activities. There is a hiking trail here as well.

The right hand side of the campground is set up for RV,s (pull through sites). The left hand side is for tent camping. Tent camping sites, 9-10-11, sit WAY back in the woods, so its like almost like having your own campground. TONS of forage wood here.

With talking to the rangers, they were saying that the place seldom gets too crowded, and you can almost always get a reservation here.

Campground for horse and dog lovers

We absolutely love H Cooper Black campground. If you have horses they have campsites with corrals at your back door that you can also rent. Many horse trails for riding as well. They have several ponds that can be reserved if you have retriever dogs to train. They host many retriever tests on the weekend and they are fun to watch. The campground has full hookups and they have made lots of improvements the last few years and most are level and shaded. Two bathhouses close by that are always clean. If you are a horse or dog lover this is a great place to camp!

Tired and wet

Made s scheduled stop on our way to Savannah. After a storm all the tenting sites were legit under water. The staffers told us to set up under a wooden pavilion that was by half too small for our tent. With no other options offered we just drove on.

Rustic farm campground

The owners of the property, Lisa and Brian, were helpful and accommodating! It rained most of that week, and during the day I was there. They offered alternative sites for my tent, one of which had a protective overhang. I would have stayed in the back near the treeline, but because of all the rain I ended up staying at the front of the property (near the rv area which had higher ground).

The campground restroom was really nice, has air conditioning, heating, and a clean private shower. There is also a washer, a microwave and even wifi in there.

If you have a family with small children, they will love the horses, chickens, guinea hens, and the couple of friendly cats and dogs that they own.

These folks are awesome people and I will definitely camp there in the spring.

Here We Go to Daddy Joe’s

We were delighted to find beautiful scenery, friendly staff and a comfortable campsite that included a picnic table and fire pit. Daddy Joe’s is an awesome place to bring the kiddos. A splash park, mini golf, swimming pools and the park has activities throughout the year. It’s dog friendly with two dog parks and plenty of places to walk and run!