Eureka Mill , SOUTH CAROLINA

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Eureka Mill Camping Reviews
Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Decent campground

Busy park, but if you're visiting the Columbia area a fine place to stop. They have a dog park and our pup loved getting to run off leash. Campsites are pretty close together and some are a little on top of each other but we were in spot 79. It was a pull through and the living space was separated a bit more. It was across from the bathhouse which is quite convenient.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

Busy this time of year

This time of year (hunting season) was full of bigger rigs and generators. The few spots that weren’t taken when we first got here eventually got scooped up by about 20 Boy Scouts. To say the least this campground was loud and crowded with not much to see or do. $5 for the night with a pay box but I never saw any rangers coming through to check. Toilets were clean but no water source Every campsite did have its own fire ring and picnic table.

Great stop if you’re looking for amenities

Stayed for one night, the tent sights were flooded so they put us in an RV spot. The fire pit was clean and ready for use. The bathrooms were spotless, you could eat in there if you’re into that sort of thing. Over all nice places

Hidden Gem

Nice spot within the Nature preserve. Sites are close but not on top of each other. Paved but not necessarily level. The cleanest and most well designed bathrooms I’ve ever seen in a campground. Lots of great hiking trails throughout the preserve. Level boxed in pads for tenters in a separate area from RVs as well as sites that can be packed out to. On a visit during COVID it was open but limited. Set on the beautiful Lake Wylie, surrounded by marinas and large beautiful lakeside homes. Well designed for fishing, boating, gatherings and picnics. It feels so remote but is literally minutes from the full metropolis of Charlotte, NC. A must see for at least a day hike if you are in the area or camping if you have the chance.

Boaters Heaven. All amenities you need.

Another awesome place if you are a boater! Beautiful views. Grounds need a little work. Electronic and water hookups on sites. Bathrooms and showers available. We did a quick tour of the area to stay next summer.

From the website: Located on the north shore of Lake Murray, Putnam's Landing (no website; 1201 Putnam Dr, Chapin; 803-345-3040) is open from April to October and features 24 sites for tents or RVs. Sites include sewer and electrical hookups, but offer central water only. Shower and restroom facilities are located in the campground, and Putnam's landing also offers an on-site restaurant.

Clean, safe and friendly

Campground has trails and fishing in walking distance.  It is always packed.  No alcohol permitted.

Small but friendly

It is a great campground but tight fit for our 30 foot camper.

Very cute park!

Little park, but very quiet and relaxing!