Eureka Mill, SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Eureka Mill Camping Reviews
Needs improvements

Not a big rig friendly area. Our site was 30 amp, no sewer. I backed in the way I was told to and realized our water and electric were on the curb side. Had I known this ahead of time, I could have maybe pulled in another way. The service from another site was less than 3 feet from my power inlet to the camper. I called to make sure it would be ok to plug in there and they said no, even though no one used that site. The bathhouse was well below standards and really just unusable. I’ll pick another place if I’m ever in the area again.

Surrounded by trees, water and nature.

My husband found Dreher Island on The Dyrt and said this is where he wanted to go for our November vacation. We looked at site photos online and found site 83. The drive in is a great way to see the whole park and campground. There were lots of picnic shelters, restrooms and trails.

Our site was great - we had an awesome view of the lake and our neighbors weren't too close. Our pad was level and we noticed that others were not or very bumpy as tree roots were growing underneath which would have made getting level a little tricky. We were surrounded by trees which brought in a lot of birds and squirrels, even a deer on our first morning. The fire ring is right off the pad, so don't back in to the very end of the pad which was fine because the pad was long for us.

The shower house was just a little walk past a few campsites. There were flush toilets, sinks and two showers. The showers did not have anywhere inside to leave your items, but there was a bench directly outside of your curtain. The camp host kept it nice and clean.

We stayed from Sunday-Saturday - some days we just sat around the fire and others we hiked around the island. There are a couple of designated areas for hiking and doable for any age. Every morning and evening we walked the campground which helped us check out some other sites. I'll acknowledge the good sites in our photos. The tent sites on the outside/shore side had tent pads then there were a few tent sites on the inside, but no tentpads - they all had electric.

We visited the marina store to pick up ice and wood and found that they also had some food items, condiments, fishing items, souvenirs and ice cream. We found that the Dollar General store in Chapin had cheaper wood, ice and anything else you may need…go there first.

We left Veterans weekend and it was just about full on Friday night. This might be our go to vacation spot - we lucked out with weather and one of the nicest stays at a state park.

History Abounds

Tons to do, including hikes and history. Make sure to go across the street to the Kings Mountain Military site. Better yet, plan your stay when they are doing an event.

Im home.

Love this place. Next to the lake. Quite, friendly clean. Good bathroom.

Love it.

Great place to camp. Very quiet,very friendly clean bathroom. Cheap camping.

First time at a KOA

Stopped here for an overnight on our way south. We had a pull-thru full hookup site. It was relatively level but not perfect. Main bath house was under construction and not available. There is a bar, convenience store, and RV service center at the entrance which is convenient. We didn’t have time to look around the campground much but it served it’s purpose for us. Oh, there are no fire rings but it claims on their site that you can build one in the gravel. We didn’t see a single other site with a fire.

Very nice

We have been a few times and really like it. The staff are very friendly. The bath houses and park are always really clean.

Outstanding

Great park, few pictures from the island.

New Construction

New phase 2 Area. Location on map is incorrect. CG is located east of Jenkinville on SC-215. Definitely for both long term and overnight RV. We have been here for a month. Aside from the commute to anywhere this is a good campground. The staff is what makes it a 5 star along with the awesome sunsets.

Great campground with amazing staff!

This was our first camping trip for my wife and I. The staff led us right to our site and helped direct me into our site as it was dark. Knowing that it was our first time they even came back by to check on us a little bit later. It was Labor day weekend, so they were full, but we had no issues with noise or anything. The kids were having a blast between swimming and riding bikes. Plenty of activities were planned by the staff from bingo on Friday night, corn hole tournaments, movie night, and even an ice cream social! They even sell Hunt Bros. pizza from the store and will deliver to your site. Looked amazing and very reasonably priced. We can't wait to go back!

Easily accessible on Lake Murray, Columbia SC

Small camp site on Lake Murray near downtown Columbia SC. Tent sites, RV sites. Boat rentals nearby.

In the middle of Columbia SC

Built to celebrate the Sesquicentennial of South Carolina in the 30’s . At one time on the furthest outskirts of Columbia SC. It is now firmly in the muddle of the Metro area. Plenty of trailer sites. Tent site and primitive camping. Has recreational areas. Restaurants and shopping nearby

Busy campground

I can see why this is a busy campground. Bathhouses were clean. Many lakefront sites have posts to tie up your boat to if you have one. Beach area by the store. No WiFi and rarely did we have cell service but that’s not a bad thing! Large sites with some pull through. We had site 39 and there was nothing but woods behind us which was perfect for us. Only negative was I that I was bitten up by mosquitoes and I used bug spray ( obviously I need a better kind) and citronella buckets. Even with a packed campground for the holiday weekend it was relatively quiet especially by 11. This campground tends to be booked solid on weekends so important to make reservations. Also not much for stores close by so pack well. Oh and no alcohol sales on Sunday’s in the county.

Great Family Campbround!

Our family had a great time! Lots of stuff for the kids to do! Bath house clean and laundry facility great! We will definitely be back!

Mostly Permanent Campers

I traveled here alone and did not feel very comfortable. The campground is very simple. It is almost full of people in campers.

My favorite SC camp

Quiet, peaceful camp on beautiful Lake Murray. RV and tent sites. Clean bathhouses.

Fabulous

This park is new and clean. There’s miles of winding golf cart trails in the woods. Beautiful pool. Great friendly owners. We will be regulars.

Great price for nice campsite

Local to me but 20 a knight u can’t beat it .

Shaded woodlands

Really nice shaded campground and very reasonably priced. Clean bathhouse. Stand was unpacked but level! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Only spent the night so did not have time to enjoy the trails or the lake.

Get away from the city

This is a cool little spot not far from Charlotte NC which doesn't seem as busy as other nearby campgrounds. Staff are friendly. There are cites right next to a lake which is perfect for paddling around in a canoe or kayak just watch out for stumps. Fishing wasn't great when I was there, but it might be better in cooler weather.

We love this park and campsites!

Fun beach within easy walk from campsite!

Better than expected

Long weekend stay at site #42. Nice level and large site. Some sites are smaller and closer but our site and those on both sides of us were large and level. Bathhouse by our site was kept clean and stocked well. Small lake for fishing and they rent canoes and kayaks. Lots of trails. Equestrian camping area on the other side which we had no reason to visit.

Clean, open spots, NO FRILLS

Very nice staff. We stayed a weekend. The RV spots were nice with easy access. The bathrooms and showers were AMAZINGLY clean! However, other than a playground there is nothing for kids to really do. The staff at the nature center were very polite and the trails were nice, but again not for tiny kids. If you were taking older kids it would be perfect.

Camping at its best

Gorgeous island and campground. This is by far a destination of choice. Waterfront sites, hiking trails, wildlife, boating and biking. The sites are spacious and so well maintained. The park is pristine. Will go again and again.

Island Time!!!

Easy drive into park. Most sites gravel with a blacktop driveway. They are all good size. Tent sites all have tent pads. Clean bath house. Boat ramp. Sites on the water make it great to keep your boat or kayak at your site. Fun, family park. Great fishing. The camper cabins are great. If you need a bed and air or heat, it’s the way to go.

Peaceful

We have stayed at this campground a couple times over the last 3 years. It is a fantastic place for families to go camping, you will see deer, you can go fishing, swimming hiking. It has a little something for everyone.

Awesome place

I love going to this campground, I enjoy doing the trails and spotting dear. And there is a small water play area for children. They have paddle boats also.

Maiden voyage

This campground was recommended to us for our maiden camping trip with our new RV. We were very pleasantly surprised. Camp site was large, they had two bathhouses, camp store and even a mini golf course. The lake was larger than expected with a beach area. Only negative was that they had the trash dumpsters scattered throughout the park and we had the misfortune of having one at the front of our site and someone had put fish guts in it, which made for a rank stench at our site. We made notes of which sites to avoid as most are good. Some sites even have sewer although ours did not. We were at site 34. All in all it was a great first trip in our new RV!

Best Camprground in SC

My family had been coming here for years and we love it. Brad and Cece and their son Evan have done great things with this campground. Lots of fantastic amenities, cleanest bathhouse I’ve ever seen and a great pool make this a great place to stay. Add on all the activities they plan for big holiday weekends and this place is a no brainer. Go to Pineridge!

Nice Park. Not great for large RV’s

It’s a nice park with great amenities. The splash pad up front is awesome for kids.

Our only complaint is that most sites are very uneven. If you have a large camper/RV it may be tough to get your rig level. That being said site #21 worked well for our 40 foot fifth wheel. We had to use some blocks and a few attempts, but were able to make it happen.

Also, if your camper is over 25 feet I wouldn’t even bother booking a site on the second loop. It is pretty tight back there.