Camping in Bethel

307 Reviews of 26 Bethel, South Carolina Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Family Fun for all Ages

Whether you like the pool, lake, or beach this campground has something for everybody. Nearly everything is included in the cost of your stay & the onsite amenities make it hard to want to ever leave the park.

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Horrible staff

The staff (manager Kim) thinks she owned the place. She makes up rules when she pleases. Doesn’t allow dog fences because she doesn’t want to deal with them if a storm comes. This is a military owned campground, but she runs it like it’s hers. I won’t stay there again because Kim is not a nice…

theresa T.
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Nice, quiet

Nice open field. Has pit toilet and 1 water faucet. Currently overwhelmed with may flies. But over all a nice campground. No cell reception

Ioan P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Excellent

This place earned my simpaty ! HS everything and behind! Has a store and restaurant inside. You can rent a electrical cart and much more. Did I mention is right on the beach. Yep !

Gary P.
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

A yearly favorite !

We go to MBSP at least once per year! This is easily one of our favorite beach destinations on the east coast. The park is huge, offers spacious sites (if you look a for the right ones), and is a short bike ride from the beach! The staff are always great and the facilities are clean and tidy! I…

Nancy B.
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

SC Beach Camping

Love Camping here. Clean, plenty to do, I could hear the waves from my bed at night.

fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Foster Creek RV Park Charleston

Nice RV Site if you are visiting Charleston, South Carolina. The site is very hot due to no trees. Currently the restrooms and showers are down, so you need to have a self contained unit. However, very quiet. No pull thru sites. Must back in.

Ashley B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Great Location, but HUGE

We loved the spot we for right by the ocean. Overall, it was a bit too crowded for our style of camping.

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Carolina pines was awesome

We stayed at Carolina pines and we will be back all the amenities was amazing the food was good and the pool felt great

Sited072
Ashley W.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Tight squeeze

I loved that we could walk to the beach. The shower houses were super clean, and the staff was really friendly. Full site hook ups, which is unusual at state parks.

Down falls, the roads are tight. I can't tell you how many bigger RVs have hit trees. We have a 40.5 footer 5th wheel, and it was…

h
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful place.

No cable but internet is very fast. Cleanest bath house I have ever seen at a campground. Concrete pads. Easy access to camp. Lake city is a small town with lots of shops to visit.

Elizabeth D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

The best!

I would live here! Big sites, ocean right down these really cool paths. I'm going to try and come back. Great place!

susan M.
Reviewed May. 15, 2021

Very nice kids/pet friendly!!!

My most fond memories o camping were here!!   So

Much to do!!  My kids loved exploring where the Huntington’s lived!  There are also botanical gardens nearby.  The only thing is Inthink you have to reserve your spot more than a year in advance now!!

Caleb J.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Great spot for an overnight or for a weekend

I love this spot. Its right on the trail, it also allows for you to drive right up to the campground and park your car, set up camp and then head out for a hike. It has some spots closer to the parking area and others back away from it by a couple hundred feet. There used to be water available but…

SiteHalfway creek primitive trail camp
Amber H.
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Ok for limited stay

We chose this KOA over the one in Mt. Pleasant as we felt it was closer to what we needed. Tent sites are small and some distance from the restrooms. The restrooms are clean but could use some updating. Lots of traffic noise and planes. The biggest turn off was the seemingly run down trailer court…

SiteA8