the dyrt
Andrews, SOUTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Andrews Camping Reviews
Huntington Beach is a locals favorite.

Do not miss saying hi to the wildlife on your way in. The egrets, herons, and gators are a beautiful sight heading to the camp sites and beaches. Great photo opportunities at Atalaya.

Short walk through Maritime forest to beautiful beach

There are only 6 tent sites at this RV friendly park. We stayed in site 4 and had a cut through to the beach. Site 2 also could access the shortcut, but other sites had a slightly farther walk. Going before the bugs come out is a must. Potable water on site and a short walk to bath houses. Beach is absolutely breathtaking and not crowded.

We also went on a night hike to the beach and saw so many stars!

No long hiking trails to speak of, but a few short walks through forest and an interpretive trail are available.

Tent sites are close together. There is little visual or auditory privacy.

Raccoons are abundant and the park has provided lockers for all food. We didn’t have any problems, but neighbors who didn’t store food properly did.

Camp site is situated on a pad that I assume is set up that way for flooding, but it made the campsite feel cramped, even though there were 2-4 feet of cleared space around the raised pad before the tree line.

Nice spot

Nice spot water and bathrooms on site very quiet and peaceful

Friendly campground on the beach.

Clean campground

Decent campground, but you'll hear airplanes all day

Pros: the facilities at this campground are nice, and it has free hot showers. There is some privacy between sites, and the camp store is convenient. There is also a short walk or drive to the beach itself, which is a nice beach.

Cons: this campground is right near the airport, so you will hear airplanes all day (and most of the night). Because of that, I wouldn't stay here again unless I was passing through.

Get rid of your furried kids before entering!

It’s great how they pick up the trash.

What I didn’t like,

ANYWAY THEY CAN MAKE MONEY OFF THEY WILL, including YOUR VISITORS, $3per day time, if they wanna stay $5.

Mini golf costs.

One load of laundry will cost you $2, dryer $.25 for 6 minutes.

If you need to get a taxi, forget about it NO ONE is allowed on grounds without a pass.

Excessive barking of your puppy means your dog might bark for three minutes at the time. Leaving your dog in a fenced in area, while you have to use the facilities for number one( so what? About 2 minutes) is considered leaving your animal unsupervised.

Lawn WILL BE MOWED ON SUNDAYS, NO(!!!!!!!!) exceptions.

Pool is great, so is the lazy river.

Besides that the ground is old, it’s clean. Access to the Atlantic is great.

Mail will not be delivered, you have to sieve through your initials entire mail.

Quiet hours are enforced UNLESS someone starts packing up at 5.00 AM which will set your dog off and no matter that it is inside your trailer, it’s a reason to threaten you with eviction.

Best you get rid of the dog before you enter Pirateland.

Kids friendly. Youngsters seem to have fun at the splash pool. Playground seems to be deserted all the time.

Staff, cleaning and grounds keeping, is very friendly, while office won’t let you finish your sentences after paying up, nor are they willing to answer questions why breaking down a camp next to you at 5 AM loudly is okay.

Don’t attach Republican bumper stickers to your car, they’ll fall of the car at night.

The internet sucks, cable has moments when overloaded, but cell is great, so one may use personal hot spot as compensation.

Trailers also arrive at 21.00. No one can get setting up done in an hour until quiet time starts, but remember dogs aren’t allowed to bark if they hear ruckus outside.

If you ask me about my feelings, I felt like a prisoner, not being able to sleep in Monday’s, because I had to drive hubby to airport at 4 AM, due to his business trips and cabs can’t puck him up, I’m confined to the RV due to my dog barking, which had to be stopped even in your own trailer immediately.and yes, we were threatened with eviction.

Great park on the ocean. Hiking and nature trails

Beautiful state park. Nature trails, nice size lots, clean, plenty of space. Close to night life, if you are looking for that too

Myrtle Beach State park-definitely going back!

We stayed here for a Martial Arts training weekend on the beach. The camping area has access to the beach and is maintained by the state park rangers. The campgrounds have garbage disposal, bathrooms and showers. The facilities were nice and you could reserve spots with electricity and water. Most all of the camping spots were sand based and of different sizes and shapes as the camping is fit into a horseshoe shaped area. It was also Bike week so there was a lot of people using the campgrounds but it did not seem loud or overwhelmed. There is a camp store and everyone is very friendly. The only facility issue we ran into was a shower head that didnt have a lot of pressure but from others in our group, this seemed to be the only one. They had RVs, tent sites and cabins.

Beautiful views and ambiance.

Best views for a cheap campground. Campsite hots we had were knowledgable and helpful. Not far from downtown Charleston.

No Swimming!

This campground is located directly adjacent to the Intercoastal Waterway, and there is a boat ramp located nearby but there is no access to go swimming here. There are lots of oyster beds lining the rocks that are serving as a perimeter to the waterway, so scrambling through can be hazardous if you go down there. The tent campsites have a good breeze, but once you get back into the trees the mosquitoes can be very bad.

Crowned

Bathrooms are clean and they have everything you need on the grounds or right across the street but theyre so many people there during peak season.

Beach RV Resort

Beachside resort with over 2000 sites. No shade trees but clean and organized for beach fun. Many amenities and activities for a fun beach trip.

Vacation

Had a great time. 4th of July parade was great, kids stayed busy with things to do. Wonderful vacation

Great family campground

This campground is like a small city next to the beach. Spaces are large enough for camper and vehicle. The park is dog friendly with lots of activities for families, including a water park for no additional charge. We had our three Labs with us and had plenty of places to walk. Daily trash pick up is nice to have. Would definitely go back and take our granddaughters with us.

Only campground in Mt. Pleasant.

This campground is near Charleston,SC and the Beach at Isle of Palms.

close to beach

this site is peaceful, very clean, staff is helpful, friendly. its a huge campgroynd, loafs of different sites for campers and rvs. loads of thing for kids to do. its located 3 bl9cks from beach. they have shuttles to carry u to beach

Busy...family oriented during busy summer time

Rgh across the road from beach front…lovely wave action to sleep by

Awesome spot right on the Intercoastal Waterway!

We had a great week at Buck Hall! The campground isn't very large so I definitely recommend making a reservation. During shrimp baiting season (60 days starting the Friday nearest September 15) the campground is completely booked. Plan accordingly! There is really nice boat landing and fishing/crabbing pier in the campground. We had a blast kayaking around and had some awesome dolphin encounters. The historic town of McClellanville is super cute and I definitely recommend a seafood dinner at TW Graham's! Their key lime pie is amazing as well! The nearby Sewee Visitor Center has red wolves and is free to visit. They also have RV parking! We enjoyed this, but if you have kids I think it would be a must do! You can call ahead and find out when they will be feeding the wolves. The crabbing is great at the campground and we had a delicious crab boil as a result! The only reason I am not giving this campground 5 stars is that the bathrooms were pretty gross. They were working on them while we were there so maybe there is a brighter future for these run down bath houses. Our hotspots worked great here too!

Lots of activities in the park and nearby!

There is so much to do in this park and in the Murrell's Inlet area. Also, the beach is gorgeous! We had a great time riding bikes over to the causeway and watching the alligators cross the road to feed at low tide and all of the birds wading around - even a roseate spoonbill. It was incredible! Also, there are lots of bars, restaurants and stores nearby that are on the water. We were in the newer South Campground and all of the facilities were really nice. However, the sites were a little close together and there aren't many trees on this side of the campground. The only downside was the poor internet. We had a hard time getting anything to work! We couldn't even take calls from inside our RV. We hear the other side of the park has a little better service. Still a great week at the beach with lots to offer in the area and the park.

Good location but an hour from the beach

It’s in the middle of town in North Charleston so it’s near lots of store but it is loud and the spots aren’t very shaded. But it’s much cheaper than staying at a hotel and the campground is run by young adults who have no idea what’s what but the place was clean and very family friendly

Great family time

This is on the ocean, full hookups, pool, volleyball, output, store, tight spots, but beautiful

Rv Park on the beach!

Rated a 5 star! Spent five days here with three kids. There was everything for all ages. Bathhouses were clean, water park was a hit for the kids and the beach was great. My wife loved the coffee house and the fact there was an onsite laundrymat. Next time we will reserve an Oceanfront for the concrete patio. Highly recommend this place!

Family friendly and right on the coast

This was a really fun campground. Lots of activities. Golf cart rentals were so reasonably priced. The staff was really great. We will definitely come back. The waterpark on the grounds was perfect and safe, you can sit in the shade and your children can splash and play. The lazy river was great too! Off grounds Inlet plantation offered really great horseback riding, Dolly Partons dinner theatre pirate themed show was fabulous.

Fun family oriented campground

This is a big beautiful campground with sites right up to the dunes with the beautiful Atlantic on the other side. Lots of activities, golf cart rental is reasonably priced and a really cute store. Check out the pirate themed dinner theatre in Dolly Parton theatre, and horse back riding at inlet plantation. Great trip!

Walk-in sites

DEFINITELY reserve one of the walk-in sites, I think there are only 6 or 7 sites available. All the sites are a very short walk from the car, easy to carry gear into the sites. My husband and I have been twice, and have loved it each time. Super close to walking on the beach, and each primitive site has a container where you can store your food away from unwanted pests. Sites are dog friendly and fires are allowed. The walk-in sites were recently renovated in the past year, lads are flat with small gravel pebbles, and each pad (16 by 16 feet) is raised off the ground about a half a foot or a foot. Great place for biking and short hikes also. Staff at the park are friendly. Best thing is that you can reserve the site you want in advance so no worries about showing up with no availability. Alligators are around- but we’ve never seen any around the campsites. They usually hang out in the marshlands that surround the campground. Really fun place to go, highly recommend!

Beautiful scenery

Loved this park! There are several tours that would be gegeat to go but we didn't have enough time to get to them. We stayed in the rustic tent sites which I wouldn't recommend. 1. You have a bit of a hike in. #2 Raccoon bothered us while we were eating and he wasn't a bit timid. 3. Ants got in my car with all the doors shut and windows up and made an ant pile on the racks on top of my car overnight. Way more rustic then what I was hoping for. We were much closer to the beach though than the other sites so could here the ocean from our site.

Quiet and not much to do

We stayed at this campground July 2018. We have a 27’ travel trailer, a 9 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son, and 2 boxers. Checkin was very easy. We drove up to the gate, they gave us our paperwork and drove to our site. Our site was 7002. It was the last street in the resort and the furthest away from the pool and amenities. We drove our car to the pool and there was plenty of parking there. We had a great view of the beach. Across the street are empty lots which was a great place to walk our dogs. And next to these lots are a small canal which was great to fish. You could see minnows swimming around.

like most rv resorts this place packed them in like sardines. Where we were it looked nice but when you went down the main road and got into the 1000 sections it looked really trashy.

The beach is small with no lifeguards Lakewood does not supply lifeguards. This beach does not have a shower at the beach but that was fine because we have one outside our travel trailer.

our kids enjoyed the pool area. The 3 water slides were great. 1 speed slide (it was super fast), 1 tube slide which was a lot of fun, and 1 body slide. The water slides are new. There is also a lazy river that was a sorry excuse for a lazy river. It was a small circle area and did not flow real well so you had to push yourself around. Complaint: there are not enough tubes. I asked a lifeguard if they had any tubes and she said “it’s really busy this week and they have no more”. They should have enough tubes to accommodate every rv spot in that place. The pool wasn’t even that busy the day we were there. So if you stay here be prepared to not get a tube. Also, some of the lifeguards are rude. Did not find this to be a happy place. Next to the water slide there is a good sized pool with a very outdated baby water slide. My kids loved this baby water slide but the area was very outdated. Around the pool there are chairs but not enough so we ended up placing our items on the concrete. There were a lot of people doing this. They need more seating.

There is an ice cream shop which was very nice, a good size arcade, and a coffee shop and we utilized all 3. They were far from our site but we drove our car to them and it wasn’t a problem.

At the front gate there is a small store and it did not have very much. I drove to Walmart to get the food items I needed.

There are 2 food trucks. 1 is pizza, wings, etc and the other is a fish fry. The pizza truck was just ok and they do not deliver to your campsite. the fish fry was never open. We tend to eat late when we are on vacation so I think we missed the fish fry everyday.

I saw signs for car/rv wash but never used that service.

I was not happy with Lakewood but my husband loved it because it was very quiet. That’s the difference between us. I love hustle and bustle and he likes simple and quiet.

when we return to Myrtle beach we will not stay at Lakewood. I feel that there are better places to stay in Myrtle beach. My husband disagrees with this statement 😄

Lots of fun but loud and congested

This is a great campground. We have a 27’ trailer, a 9 yr old daughter and 12 yr old old son, and 2 boxers. This campground had everything we needed.

The water park/pool was awesome. My husband and I floated in the giant lazy river as our kids used the water slides and splash area. The lifeguard are great with the kids and super nice. The lifeguards in the splash pad area had a game of walking tag going on with all the kids. This helped break the ice between all the kids and my kids met alot of friends. Again, the lifeguards were super great with the kids. This area does not allow coolers but we bought a small soft sided cooler and it was never a problem. Alcohol is prohibited so we used aluminum reusable cups with lids to sneak in some alcohol. Everyone has these reusable cups all over the resort. So be like the jones and bring one. You can buy them at the store and they range from 10.99 - 40.00.

There was an area to walk the dogs. Although be careful of the older people who don’t leash their dog. The campground supplied clean up bags and trash cans all over the resort.

There is a small food area near the pool that offered great pizza, ice cream, chicken finger, etc. they will deliver to your campsite as long as it’s not raining. Call ahead if your going to pick up the food because the lines get long.

There is a food store that has every necessity you need from food to rv stuff.

Ok my favorite part of this trip. The wash and fold service. I dropped my clothes off at 830am and they were cleaned and ready for pickup by 1030am. Best part it only cost me 21.00. I dropped off a giant bag of clothes. If your not interested in someone else doing your laundry they have washers and dryers. A lot of them. There was always people there but there are so many machines I never noticed a problem getting laundry done.

They do activities for families. When we were they we went to the America bingo. They gave away small food prizes. The kids had fun and gave us something to do. They do give away prizes for best American dressed.

Be ready to see golf carts. Everyone here drives golf carts. There is actually golf cart traffic at night because there are so many golf carts. Really! People sit in traffic and high five each other as they go by. There is so much traffic that people set up chairs in the side of the road so they can watch the traffic. Not joking. It was a lot of fun watching the different golf carts go by. They are all decorated and the kids enjoyed seeing the light up ones. You can bring a golf cart or they rent them there.

outside the resort, there is a Walmart across the street that is more a food store then a Walmart. This Walmart offers food, alcohol, and a small necessity area. A bigger Walmart is about 15/20 minutes down the road.

The beach here is small but nice and clean. This area of the beach has lifeguards. Other resorts along this beach do not have lifeguards. Get up early and set up beach chairs. No one will take them and it will ensure you get a spot on the beach. We did this everyday. Some days we left our chairs on the beach and went to the pool and then went back to the beach later.

My only issue with this resort is the congestion. They squish the rvs and trailers in like sardines. There is enough room for your camper but your neighbors are right next to you. We had a campsite with a concrete pad and full hookups. The concrete pad was very nice to have because the sand was hard to keep up with. I couldn’t imagine how much sand there would have been in the camper if we were on sand. We have an outdoor rug and it was still bad.

Checkin: We did pre check in before we arrived and they set all our paperwork in the mail. This was great bc all we had to do was place the tag on our mirror and drive in. Nice and easy after a 9 hr drive there.

Noise: this place is noisy. Noise times are 7am- 11pm. The good thing about this is at 11pm everything is quiet. No one is on the roads. All golf carts go away and people settle down for the night.

Bathrooms: our lot was across from a bathroom. The bathrooms are clean. There are about 10 toilets and about 6 shower/ dressing areas. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day and I never noticed a problem. The only problem I noticed was when the pumping truck came. They smelled for several hours but then it was gone.

Overall I would go back to this resort if I was in Myrtle beach.