Arial, SOUTH CAROLINA
Most Recent Arial Camping Reviews
Our favorite!!!

We love this campground!! Lots of trees and privacy at our site. The sound of the river is very relaxing and our son loved it. Super quite at night!!

Excellent stay on the BRP

Older campground and some of the sites and amenities show that age. But the sites are generally spaced well and people using it seem to all value quiet. Hike and bike is challenging. But the small Looking Glass River and the Davidson are near by for fine “technical” fly fishing. And the West Fork is down the other side of the Parkway.

Awesome little campground

I really love this place. There are many spots nearby to fish or hike including the nearby Cliffside Lake Rec. Cliffside Lake is stocked with trout and there is a great hike to Ranger Falls here. If you have your camping pass displayed you get into the Cliffside Lake rec area for free. Additionally, the campground is just a cross hwy. 64 from the Cullasja River which, in addition to being beautiful, offers good trout fishing as well. The campground is close to Highlands NC, a quaint little mountain town with an a few shops and restaurants. My biggest complaint is that there is not enough room in the campground. It seems to always be booked up when I want to go back.

Incredible back country camping

This is my favorite back country camping spot. The sites near the middle of Macs Gap trail are huge and there is easy access to a couple streams. Bring a good map and stick to the trails that your map covers. It's an easy place to get lost because of all the unofficial trails. Waterfalls are everywhere.

Pretty ok

The best thing about this campground to me is that it has a nice spot for my son to splash in the water and a nice playground as well. The facilities are clean enough, but there's nothing especially remarkable about this place to me.

Hidden gem

I've camped here three times and never seen it full. Sites are spacious and there are flush toilets and hot showers. Winding Stairs trail connects to the campground and offers good hiking. Just across the street is the Big Bend trail which takes you to Big Bend falls on the Chattooga River. There's a creek that runs through the campground with many sites along it's bank. My favorite site is #2.

Something for everyone

Wat do you like? Solitude? Try the dispersed campsites, they're awesome. Swimming? There is a roped off area for swimming in one of the lakes. RV camping? Full hookups available. Cabin? Cabins available for rent. Hiking? Trail head for the Foothills Trail as well as Secret Falls. Fishing? There's a lake stocked with bass and bream and even trout in cooler weather. Put-put? They have that too. Kayaking? Bring your own or rent one there. Hot showers? Got 'em. Waterfalls? Convenient to dozens including Station Cove, Yellow Branch, Issaqueena, King Creek, and Spoonauger to name a few. You seriously can't go wrong here unless you go in the summer and stay in a tent. It does get hot here.

Great as long as it's not spring break

I've stayed here on two separate backpacking trips. Sites are ok for car camping but awesome for backpacking. Good trout fishing. Lots of hiking, including the Foothills and Chattooga River trails. I've heard it gets overrun with spring breakers. Both times I've been there, there were few other campers. If you are going to drive here, keep in mind it is at least a couple hundred yards from the parking area to the nearest camp sites. The best sites are along the river toward the back of the campground.

Love this camp ground

This place has no electric hookups, but a good enough bath house.  We come here annually.  The staff is nice at the campground and at the lake you can hike to (or drive to) that is associated with the campground.  The lake is beautiful, and we were lucky enough to catch a raptor show there.  The kids love this campground.  They can ride their bikes around and they play all day long.   Close proximity to the horseshoe falls and other great hikes.

Beautiful lake campground

Reserve well in advance

Very clean with great trail access.

Sites are limited and should be reserved ahead of time.

Nice and clean with good river and trail access.

Sites are limited and should be reserved in advance.

Father/Son weekend

My son and I stayed here for the weekend. He wanted to tent camp. It was late fall and it was pretty chilly. We fished, cooked over the fire, just hung out, and enjoyed each others time together. Very peaceful and guiet. We'll definitely go back.

Peaceful

Love staying here. The camp host last time helped us get water from his own spicket. The potable water at the campground wasn't working at the time. We had a great time. The kids fished in the river, rode bikes all over the campground, and we just relaxed.

Lake Hartwell Retreat

This is a large campground.  It has multiple boat launches with easy access to Lake Hartwell.  Well maintained bath houses. Friendly staff and camp hosts.  We stayed in the first loop with sites 1-26.  It was a small campground within the larger campground and park. It was quiet and over half the sites have a view of the lake or are on the lake. We stayed on 26 and were very happy with our location.  The park has a beach with concession stand. We do not think we would have liked the larger side of the campground as sites were much closer together.  We travelled to Toccoa Falls, Tallulah Gorge, Lake Rabun, Helen, Anna Ruby Falls, Dahlonega and Hartwell.  We would love to go back and visit the towns of Lavonia, Cleveland and Clarksville, and go back to Southern Hart Brewery in Hartwell.

A great.time

We had a great time. We had reserved a walk-in tent sight and absoulty loved it. Even though there were camp sites next to us they were far enough away to give a little privacy and just far enough in the woods to give you the feeling of being away from everything. It was a great couple of day sour view from the camp site.

On the Tallulah River

Stayed here in March for a week. We’re back for a month. Spot B42 with full hook up. LOVE THIS PLACE. A fair amount small bass and trout are being caught.

Just beautiful!

We walked all around the gorge I'm the middle of winter with only a couple people in the campground! It was great! Spot was a pull through which made it nice and easy!

A must do if traveling to Asheville

Campground was well laid out. There was little walkways that cut through to the bathrooms and camp store. There was a tent camp only section which made for a quiet and relaxing stay. Trails connected to the campground were great and it was short drive to the swimming holes and overlooks. If you are traveling to Asheville, staying a night or two on Mt. Pisgah is well worth it!

Dangerous

We were at site 29, ADA. It was horrendous. We overlooked the women’s restrooms, which was very poor taste! At night, when the lights were turned on….. distasteful. More importantly, this ADA site was extremely dangerous! The site was so unsafe. I fell twice getting out of our rv, b/c the site was more mountainous than the mountains! I couldn’t leave my rv for two days! Restrooms were clogged and filthy. You had to walk a mile to the front to thrown your trash out! Really! Unfortunately, will never return. Below are pix.

Great place!

Great campground! Even lots with full hook ups! Has marina with good food, ice, supplies, etc with boat ramp & docks. Lake access from beach area. Immaculate private bathrooms with sink, toilet & showers. Pool and small playground. Good wifi signal & close to town.

Great camping!

We had a great first experience here. Nice amenities: playgrounds, lake , activities. Park was beautiful, but spaces were a little tight. Bathhouses & premises clean ! Wifi didn’t really work, but that can be expected. Stumphouse tunnel Isaqueena Falls is very close, gas station right down the road.

Beautiful place to relax

We stayed in a cabin. The cabins have everything you need. Full kitchen with all utensils included. Very clean and the beds are so comfy. No cell service. Which is grea!

Table rock is a very clean park. My sister and I hiked the Carrick creek trail. We had a great hike. Would highly recommend.

Wonderful views.

Great sites, great centralized location. Great hiking and views. Camp store is beautiful.

Very nice

The Family and I are new to camping, we came here because of a group event at pavilion 1&2 the office attendants were nice and helpful, our site (14) was amazing with great view of lake Hartwell and easy access to go swimming the restrooms were as clean as a campsites restrooms could be but overall amazing site.

7-13 July 2019 Visit, Husband, wife, two dogs

Site 5 in 31 ft long Class C. Level site, plenty of space, good privacy, close to bathrooms (very clean). Park staff friendly and helpful. Good hiking trails and lake was beautiful. Dogs can’t swim in lake but good access to nice creek. Didn’t see any bears, but you do need to keep normal precautions with food. We were also asked to bring the dog water bowls in at night. Can’t wait to go back next year…worth the 10 hour drive.

Nice

Nice and quiet campground. Hot Showers!!!