Millsboro , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Millsboro Camping Reviews

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

Beautiful campground, quiet, not to crowded…..

Comfy camping!

Nice simple, small campground sites are for everyone, RV to tent, older bathhouses but clean. Swimming pool and lake for fishing and boating!

Older type bathhouses but very clean, stainless steel fixtures. The campground is in two areas but split into about 5 loops. A lot are paved with electric sites, a couple loops are I paved roads and mostly tent sites but very nice! Pretty peaceful place, well patrolled by park rangers!water access in all loops. Outside of camping area are picnic areas and a lovely swimming beach, nice electric only fishing lake!

Great for families

I gave it a 5 star for many reasons. First the campground is clean and made us feel like we were in a forest not just a campground. Secondly, the tent sites were completely level with no need to worry about rolling down a hill in my sleep, I slept great. Thirdly, the campground was so close to the nature that we wanted to see. We went to see the falls and they were within walking distance from our campsite. Overall, it was an awesome place to camp. The grounds had paths everywhere and were well kept. I didn’t feel like I was walking in the dirt or through someone’s campsite to get to the bathroom or the playground for the kids. It was our first camping here and in Maryland for that matter, and we would love to go back.

Very comfy and private

This is our first trip out this year and the park is lovely. Mainly shaded spots with electric at most. Perfect place to get started with minimal water and dump capacity. Our daughter did use our portable dump cart for her grey water and they had to refill the water by hand but with a 60 gal water tank, we have managed well for 5 days.

Loads of trails to hike and lots to visit. I recommend the Mineral Springs and old cemetery for sure.

No, but thanks

This is a smallish campground and there is nothing at all nice about it except for its proximity to Ohiopyle and surrounding area. Unfortunately the lake was dried up- which the folx at the reservations site warned us about - so the campground was pretty meh without that. Of all the campgrounds we’ve been to, people here were the least friendly outside of 1-2 people. This is typical mountain folk with beer bellies trying to out-man themselves sort of place. My guess is that most of them live within a 30 mile radius and have never been anywhere else in the world. Lots of cigarette smoke and my boat is bigger than your boat sort of element here. 🙄🙄🙄. And it’s a fairly small campground but loads of folx have golf carts. And they use them at all hours of the night. At least 3 drove past our site between 4:30 and 6:00 am so every time you fell back to sleep from them driving by another one would come. Presumably to fish in a lake with little water. There are way more attractive and friendly places in this area. If you appreciate all the Laurel Mountains have to offer (e.g., hiking, rafting, biking, natural living) and don’t want to deal with sub average sites, you should look for another spot.

Busy and crowded

In contrast to the other reviews, we didn’t enjoy this campground very much. We reserved a lakefront site (60) on the end of the loop but there was no view whatsoever; golf carts rode to and from the loop to the lake access area right by our site at all hours of the night; and our neighbors ran their generator a lot. If the water levels had been higher this year, we would have enjoyed this more given the beach/swimming area and dock. If you go and are ok with a rustic site, I would suggest the lakefront sites overlooking the field and beach.