About Laurel Hill State Park
No Alchohol
Laurel Hill State Park is located in Pennsylvania
12 Reviews of Laurel Hill State Park
A Pretty Typical Pennsylvania State Park Campground

The pet loop mixes tent camping with RVs, which isn't our preference. The sites are arranged around a big field, which means many of them have no trees or shade. If you planned to hang a hammock at some of these sites, you would be in trouble.

But it's a good park. They've got firewood at the contact station.

Nice amenities, not so much the campground

We have a 28ft travel trailer that we barely were able to squeeze into a site after we moved from the original site we were supposed to have.  Ended up having to park the truck sideways so it didn't hang out on the road.

The party that was with us could not open their awning the entire way as it pushed into the overgrown trees/weeds right outside their door.  After taking a walk around the campground we discovered the sites on the top were much more open and spacious.

We liked and enjoyed the beach, but we don't plan on returning as the spots were quite tight with nowhere to easily refill water.

Awesome park

Awesome park, clean beaches awesome waterfall nearby and plenty of stuff to do

Beautiful area, nice natural features, great hiking and biking

I'm a huge fan of this park. I came on October 1, and the leaves were just starting to change color. I think that, had I come in the middle of summer, I would not have been so happy with how close the other campsites are. If it was more crowded, I would have given it a lower rating. Everything else is great! There are beautiful hiking trails, a lake with swimming/boating/fishing, many small streams, a pretty waterfall, and gorgeous trees everywhere.

Laurel Hill State Park

Stayed:  09/21/19

Site: 222 (Non-electric)

Price:  $35

Pros:  Clean facilities, Huge park, $5 firewood, Seven Springs Downhill Bike Park

Cons:  Site was backed up to road, be aware for noise.

Great for families

Great for families to get away. Quiet and scenic, great trails. Close to lake and fishing

Very wooded. Small sites for tents.

My boyfriend and I love this place so much, as soon as we came back from a 2 night weekend stay, we booked a week long trip for the fall. Unless you are in the pet camping area, the whole place is very wooded, which we like the feel of. However, tent campers beware, the sites are very very small, and sometimes you’re almost sharing this small space with your neighbor. Great if you have an RV to sleep in, but we like to tent! There are a few larger spots to get 1 large tent in, or a few medium to small ones. I would recommend scouting the campsite before your trip and picking your spot/circling your favorite spots on the map before you book your trip. Bathrooms are clean, have showers, and all the running plumbing - even soap to wash your hands! They sell firewood in bundles for $5 and bags of ice for $2. Plus they have a gift shop for any forgotten essentials. The nearby town is cute with lots of little markets, restaurants and a family fun center, called Caddie Shack. I’d recommend the “famous smorgasbord” at The Oakhurst Tea Room nearby. There’s is a swimming area/beach across from the campground, and Ohiopyle is nearby for lots of outdoor and river activities. Also nearby is a local bike trail that is very wooded and takes you to the swimming area - love it.

Huge state park

We booked this state park last minute to go away for memorial day weekend. We were not sure what to expect but were pleasantly Surprise. It's a beautiful park with hundreds of campsites and amazing lake and huge swimming beach area bike rentals boat rentals hiking trails and you can even see some very Old groupcamping cabins. They even have some very adorable cottages for rent.

Small

Small park small campground. Very beautiful

Great history and fun

Like most of southwestern PA, there is a ton of history and the area is beautiful. This is a great place to get up to if you want to do some good fishing and hiking. There is a tendency for this place to get busy on holidays but if you can avoid those weekends, its great!