Knowlton , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Knowlton Camping Reviews
ok rv campground

It's an ok campground, nothing really special. It does have a nice playground for the little kids. The spots were tight and when our neighbor parked his truck in his spot, my chair could almost touch it. We came for opening season and the staff didn't seem too happy to be there. It's more of a closed net group of people as we rarely had anyone wave to us. It just wasn't as friendly as so many other sites. Almost no one wore masks around so that made me think they must know each other. There are a bunch of walking paths that lead from the camp so you have ample places to walk. The bathroom was clean but needs to be updated a bit. My husband and son kept saying they didn't have soap in their public bathroom but I had no problems in mine. The exit is very tight to get out of and all lanes are one way so be careful if you have a big rig.

Very Friendly place

The staff was very friendly and so we're the people who were staying here as well. The kids enjoyed the indoor pool. Looking forward to coming back in the summer. Thank you Brenda our check in lady, you made us feel welcome 😊

Group rentals only

Tried to check this one out as I live nearby but it’s for group rentals only. It does provide amenities such as a pool and is close to hiking. I recommend Rock State Park and the hike to the King and Queen seat, a rock outcropping with stunning scenery. Havre de Grace offers water view dining, great shops, restaurants/bars, and a winery. My. Felix Winery offers evening and weekend activities, wine tastings, and beautiful views. Water Street Seafood is a great new place with water “front” views and outstanding food. There are trails in Havre de Grace as well. Canoe or kayak the Susquehanna River from the boat launch in town. There are numerous festivals in the area (pre-Covid) that should return.

Not special needs friendly

Owner was not friendly. And became even less friendly after she found out that I have 3 special needs boys. The staff were great. Nice place if it wasn't for that. My family and I will not be coming back here.

Great extended weekend

Spent a great extended weekend on in the park. Did some fishing and received good tips from the locals.

The park ranger staff was great and informed us that there was a junior ranger program for kids. We had done a jr. program in national parks and was a great way for us to lean about the area and it’s wildlife as a family.

My kids were excited to earn badges and certificates when they finished. The pet friendly loop was great for our dog and had full hookup sites in that loop for those that need it.

If you have time there are plenty of places for hiking in the park or just outside. We enjoyed a nice leisurely hike at Crows Nest Preserve that went through beautiful PA farmland.

Great campground

Been camping here for many, many years. New ownership has improved a lot of previous criticisms (water quality, staff friendliness). This is our "base camp" as we camp multiple times per year every year.

The bathrooms still are in need of a remodel, and their could be more kid activities. That's the reason for 4 stars.

Lots of shade, decent size sites. Loud and kid friendly, which is fine for us but might not be for some.

Nice place

Cody campground in the heart of Amish country. Our site backed up to horse farm

Nice park...large wide open sites

We spent one night here last week on our way to NYC. Staff was great. Sites were nicely spread out. Full hook ups.

Do not camp here

I want to start off by saying that I did not camp here. I live close enough though that I thought I would make the drive and check it out since it was not previously reviewed.

This is a run down hotel with "long term" rv campers.

I felt unsafe enough and uncomfortable enough that I never even got out of my car and didn't bother getting photos. I'm actually happy I didn't bring my kids with me to check out this site.

Would avoid at all costs if possible.

Not a campground yet

While there are plans to hopefully as camping soon, as of this writing White Clay Creek State Park is not yet a campground.

That said - it's a great place to visit! The park has several separate entrances with lots of great hiking trails. There's disc golf and during the summer they hold weekly concerts.

During Easter they have an egg hunt and in the fall there are fun wagon rides.

Even if you're visiting nearby, I would recommend checking out their website and scheduled events, or just hike a trail.

Would always recommend.