Bakerstown, PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Bakerstown Camping Reviews
Cute campground

We chose this park because it was the closest one we could find that was still open with electric this time of year to downtown Pittsburgh. Also, because it had great cell/internet service on our hotspots and had a lot of trails. Unfortunately, it had been raining a lot so we weren’t able to explore the trails. The campground is nice– the toilets are just pit toilets and they do have a sun shower. They are on a well so there is limited water and they don’t allow you to fill up your on board tank. Make sure you fill up before you go! Also, there is a road in the park (Echo Dell Road) that RV’s/Trailers can’t go on so make sure you approach this campground from Leslie Road!

Family Fun at this beautiful campground!

My family and I love Raccoon Creek State Park! It's beautiful and has everything you need for a great trip! Well maintained park with tons of stuff to do. They make sure the lake is readily stocked with fish. If your up for it I recommend the trails also. The wild flower reservation also has great trails.They have affordable boat rentals and the beach area is a nice spot to spend a day to relax. Camping is also great here. I've camped with my family several times with no complaints. The park rangers are also extremely helpful and very clear with the rules they want you to follow. Great fun for anyone!Lovely picnic areas. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but I've seen worse! There were a lot of loud campers late at night(way after 11, even beyond as late as 12:30 am). Other than that, great!

Nice quiet campground

Nice quiet campground. Lots of room, fishing lake and pool. Not a ton of activities but would recommend.

Quiet well maintained

Owners and seasonal campers are friendly. We camped here 3 times this summer. We’re going to masquerade ball in October. Large sites, nice restrooms, big hall, pool, lake to canoe, boat & fish. They have a small cafe for breakfast and lunch. You can rent the hall for parties and weddings. You can get married at the gazebo. They have activities on weekends. Like the bingo here. Keystone Lake close to campground to go boating. Short drive to Smicksburg to shop. You may hear the horse drawn buggies of the Amish who keep their boats here. No charge for golf carts. Senior discount for sites. We invited friends who like it here and invited others. Would recommend!

Love the campground

Beautiful facilities. Clean bathrooms. Lots of activities. Great play area for the kids!

Everything costs extra

Austin lake offers plenty of fun with the lake.  Kayaking, inflatables,  beach,  but almost anything you want to do will cost you am additional charge. Need to use the bathhouse? Better take quarters….bc the showers are coin opperated.

It can be a fun time, just be warned it'll cost ya. $$$$

Cute and Clean

Bear Run offers pull through sites for larger RV's. The pool is smaller but still enjoyable.  Tons of activities always planned on the weekend.  Family Friendly Friendly!

Great Location

Nearby all the local attractions that laurel highlands has to offer….Youghiogheny River,  Frank Loyd Wright house, Living Treasures Animal Park,  Seven Springs,  Hidden Valley,  etc..

Indoor and outdoor pools are great.

Bingo is taken seriously here…DO NOT talk at ALL. Lol

Local Attractions are great!

Laurel Highlands campland is in a terrific location for all the local attractions. The youghiogheny river,  living treasures animal park, seven springs, hidden valley,  Frank Loyd Wright house,  etc.

The outdoor pool is large and the indoor pool is great for those rainy days.

Bingo here is SERIOUS. you will get yelled at if you talk at all. Lol.

Awesome Time!

Campground is clean, offers many kid friendly activities, and staff is accommodating. Great time.

Super Family Friendly!

Great Place for adults and children to enjoy themselves! Plenty of activities.  Welcoming Staff!

Halloween weekends are a great time to visit!

Great peaceful campground

Just got back from a weekend stay here and it was great. If you like camping to be quiet, peaceful and simple, then you'll love this little campground. We stayed at a tent site, site #11. This campground isn't one of those busy, overcrowded, commercialized campgrounds, and that's why my husband and I loved it! The sites are a little close together but since it's so small, it's still very private. The bathrooms were clean and well kept, nothing fancy, but camping isn't about fancy accommodations. They have a pool but it was closed for the season. The lady who checked us in was very nice and escorted us to our site, and made sure we were happy with it. There are a few permanent residents on the upper loop through the campground, and also a small little motel type apartment building with residents living in it, it is actually a part of the bath and shower house. The entire weekend had about 7 spots rented out, and it was super quiet and relaxing.

The only thing I can say about this campground that made me not give it 5 stars is, the highway noise. It's located right off the highway so the traffic noise is a little loud, so it takes away from the great sounds of camping, like the crickets, frogs and fire crackling. But all in all this was a great little find and my husband and I are already talking about going back.

Great First RV Trip

We decided to go here for our first RV trip as it is close to home for us. Great first experience! We stayed at site 43 in the Hillside Loop because we brought our 2 large dogs. Site was very private and relatively flat. We did not use the bathroom facilities but they seemed nice. There is a lot to do in the park and the fact that it is very close to home means we will back again!

Have to find the right camp spot

Went to Raccoon Creek State Park to camp for Labor Day weekend. We booked campsite F1 since we had 2 dogs and the F loop allowed dogs. This site was great! We could fit two tents and it was nice and secluded from the other sites. I recommend booking a site that is on the outside of the “loops” if you want some seclusion. The inner loop sites are right on top of each other, good for Rvs, not so much for tent camping. The bathrooms were a little bit of a hike, the next loop over, but they where clean and had flush toilets and running water along with a shower and sinks to wash dishes. There was a place to get water across from this site which was very convenient . The dog walking trails weren’t bad, but they where very up and down hill, at points steep and rocky. The spring was a really cool hike (right off the park office parking lot.) Down by the beach they had a place to buy wood, only $5 a bundle and the beach place also sells bags of ice. Overall a really good family campground!

Quiet Campground with Private Tentsites

My girlfriend and I stayed at tent site 40 Friday August 9th and Saturday August 10th. Most of the sites were pretty private and ours was probably the most private and had a lot of space since we were on the very end of the road / cul-de-sac. I would definitely recommend this site if you like privacy but it is a longer walk to the bath house but we didn't mind that at all. The only thing I didn't like about the campground is that there is no wash tub / sink to wash your dishes which made clean up a little more of a chore. Other than that the staff were very friendly and it is overall a great campground.

Very hilly

Nice campground but too hilly for kids to ride bikes. Very close to Lake Arthur for fishing and kayaking.

Love it!

We love camping at Jellystone at Kozy Rest! Staff is super friendly and campground is always very clean. Tons of activities to keep the kids busy all day!!

Quiet, peaceful, relaxing, wooded and scenic

This is the place to unwind and relax. If you want to build giant bonfires and drink and party loudly until all hours of the night, this is not for you.

Camp owners live here and are extremely helpful and friendly.

Gated entrance for security; very safe area in the middle of Amish country:closest businesses are an Amish-run nursery and a fruit/vegetable stand. Shopping is about 15 minutes away and Shenango Reservoir is about 20 minutes away.

Large sites

Mostly seasonal, and about 20 others, including pull-through a.

Wonderful weekend getaway

My family stayed in one of the cabins while friends were in their campers. The cabin was great, very clean and cozy. The campgrounds are very nice they have a pool as well as a community building and camp store. We had 8 kids and 8 adults who all had a blast playing on the playground, floating down the creek, swimming in the pool, riding bicycles etc. All in all we will definitely be returning

Great for kids

Pools a big hit for kids and they have a small puttputt golf course and basketballs to play with for free along with a small playground. That being said, most of the sites are taken up by full timers. The ones that aren’t are close together or the spot is very un-level. For Spot 19 you would literally have to move the fire ring and picnic table from spot 18 out of your way. (No they didn’t take up 2 spots, they just overlap it’s so close) The bathrooms are also filthy and on the weekends kids run in and out of them to play. I have no idea why. They run in screaming chat with each other and then run back out. It’s very uncomfortable when you’re in the shower. I also tried their second set of bathrooms, but it was filled with wasps. I reported both bathrooms. But they didn’t seem very concerned and the next day only the trash had been changed. I did not go check if the wasps were gone. They also have an abundance of golf carts here. Which is fine until you’re trying to take a walk and you have to walk into someone else’s camp to get out of their way. You will do this multiple times with each small loop because people here drive them just to drive. Don’t try to leave for food in the evenings on the weekend. EVERYONE gets on their golf carts and will drive around the campground like a giant snake game. You will not escape.

Beyond the Great Outdoors

I have been camping at Moraine State Park since I was 5 years old (so about 14 years). While I was in Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts we used the 5 Points Group Camping Area a lot. It is right next to the bike trail and has access to the lake. I have enjoyed my time at Moraine and will enjoy it every time I visit.

Jellystone

Plenty of activities for the kids, awesome lasertag course. Best shower house I've seen.

Would definitely go back

Backpacking campground is nice. Trails are well maintained. Beautiful place. Frankfort mineral springs is amazing!

Turn Pike camp

Nice pools with playground, fishing pond and tons of open space. They have 30amp and are limited to 50. They seems to have tons of activites going on but we couldn’t stay to find out. The spot they gave us had the eclectical box broke, even tho we had been talking with with a whole month an in half. We got tons of help from staff and the campers there.

Hopefully the fix thier issues and we shall return, everyone there seemed to always have fun and enjoy the food that was prepared for them there

Small, quiet and friendly

They have a pool, fishing pond and a cloud pillow with the playground next to it along with two small dog play areas.Every week they organizes different themes for bingo, and other games. They also have Sunday pancake days. The parking spots for non seasonal are okay, a few steep ones but the all haave gravel and a patch of grass with a table and fire pit. Now thier monthly (which I have currently) man are those a nervous wreck! Very steep and awkward but we go it done. The whole back area is covered in blackberry bushes and in the morning your awaken by the beautiful sounds of birds singing.

It is in the middle of nowhere, but depending on where you wanna go it’s either 15-30min drive. BRING CHANGE! YOUR RIGHT NEXT TO TI THE TURN PIKE. Greens burg is where you’ll find all your needs like grocery stores, the mall, a few wines yards etc.

Camping trip

Most fun I ever had while camping here!

Calm, secluded

This campground is really lovely. It’s quiet and off by itself; so you’re really able to enjoy being outside. The roads and sites are gravel with full hook ups. You’ll have to back in, and four wheel drive helps. Only 55min to the heart of Pittsburgh was a big draw and it’s situated close enough to a camper world if you need anything from there. The owner is very nice and easy to work with. This is a quiet place and I highly recommend it if you need a place for a few days!

A so-so destination

This place wasn't bad but nothing really stellar about it either.  I visited on a Tuesday in early July and stayed the night with my 9 year old son.  Literally the park was abandoned - no visitors, hardly any employees to be seen (saw one guy mowing grass, that was it), and the park office itself closed except for on the weekends. We drove down to the main area of the park to check out the old mill, canal lock, ect.  Really cool looking and quaint, but again, everything locked up so you couldn't go inside or find out much more additional info.  The creek itself is very beautiful and the campground manager I talked to said a lot of people canoe or kayak down its length to the Ohio.

Campground has limited well water and a one seater vault toilet with no sinks, showers, ect.  I stayed in spot 55 on the northern part of the campground which was pretty wooded, but not private.  All spots can see into other camps.  Small creek ran behind the end of the loop but it was mostly stagnant water which made it very buggy at night.  Overall like I said, not a bad place, but I wouldn't rush to come back unless I was on some type of canoeing trip.

Wooded sites

Level, wooded sites and clean bathrooms. No area to wash dishes. Lots of space for each sites and trees for shade.

No campground, though shelter sites accessible for backpacking

Moraine is a really large state park with a huge lake, nice beaches, and tons of trails.  The north country trail runs for over a dozen miles from end to end.  This review is of the shelter sites, of which there is one, for backpacking along the trail.  There are three shelters which are all very mouse infested.  I believe this is because the site does not have a bear pole or bear box, so I think most people probably don't hang their food like they should and thus the mice move in to forage.  Of the 3, the Hilltop shelter 2, which we stayed in is the nicest and private.  There is a rustic vault toilet but no water at the site.  I asked the lady at the park office if there was water nearby and she said yes, just hike down to the access road and over to the group tenting site to fillup.  I'll tell you, this is not close - easily a 2-3 mile round trip.