O'Brien, OREGON
Most Recent O'Brien Camping Reviews
Awesome river front camping

Super cute little camp ground. 5 river front camp sites with fire pit & picnic table. Enough flat space to make set up easy. There are several more sites in the redwoods, just set back a bit from the river with lots of shade. We hit this spot mid week on a super clear sunny day. The river area has a tiny beach, lots of rocks. It’s open to public day use for $5, camping is first come first serve for $20. We were just going to stay 1 night, but we loved this little spot so much we stayed a 2nd. It’s fairly quiet, close to town. Clean bathrooms, no showers. Wood for sale for $5.

Great Stay

Great camping area, multiple clean restrooms located close to the camp sites. Free firewood and great river access.

Amazing place

Huge trees, slugs, and the ocean. Perfect campground. Out first day there we were mesmerized by the elk we saw. So beautiful. Definitely recommend if you love the redwoods.

Amazing campground

We camped with Rv,campsite were amazing with fireplace,shower and clean toilet

Great location!

Clean, easy access, river close by, and have everything you need. Right off I-5 and close to town of Rogue River if you need food or supplies.

Standard issue RV Park

Located at the top of Grants Pass close to freeway entrance/exit, this is your standard RV Park. Nothing special but is within walking distance of food/drinks which is nice.

Relaxing along the river

If you want to camp along the river in Grants Pass, then this is the spot. It’s clean, family friendly, has bathrooms, and boat/river access. Best spot in the city of Grants Pass for overnight camping. This place tends to have a lot of traffic from locals during the day.

Not what we were expecting

After many years of eating at the Indian Creek Cafe I was very excited to try camping here. Unfortunately it was not what we had hoped. I can’t say much other than we pulled in to our spot and promptly left. It was one of the spots in a circle, which is 5-6 sites in a circle around a group of picnic tables. No grass or privacy, or spot to park your car. I may give them another try, but will make sure to ask for more details on the site before reserving. On the plus side, they do have wonderful breakfasts at the cafe, a ping pong table for the kids, and fantastic staff.

If you like pot I guess it would be ok

What can I say. No privacy but it’s a R.V park. The waterline provided had rust coming through it and stained my R.V. shower to the point I couldn’t get it all off. They said it was a new issue and they were replacing the tank. The public shower said otherwise as it had years of rust build up. It looked to me like someone was killed in there. There was a lot of pot smoking going on and people coming and going at all hours of the night. Pot may be legal but sales in public at the grounds was not to my liking. The lake had one 25’ beach but it was littered with with fishing line so we went in with our shoes on. Staff were nice until I asked for a partial refund since the water was so corroded I did not want anymore of that going through my pipes. Anyway, if it came to staying here again or just sleeping in a turnout I would sleep in a turnout.

Super nice owners .

Beautiful park right on the river with green grass.

West coast Oregon trip 2019

We stayed at this KOA in one of their nice cabins was a very nice place with waterfall swimming hole in the back of our cabin really nice folks

decent

nothing remarkable, but it was nice and convenient. right off the freeway for easy access. no complaints.

cant wait

i really want to camp here this summer. the campground is directly on the pacific crest trail. we wanted to stay last summer but the campground was closed due to storm damage. we explored for a while, but had to move on. hopefully it is open this year!

beautiful view

the ocean view is amazing like most of the oregon coast. our only issue with this campground was how popular it was. we went in february and all but the tent sites was packed. not much privacy, but still worth a visit.

family fun

we love coming to lake selmac to use the yurts for winter camping. theyre heated and cozy. weve probably camped here a half dozen times or so over the past couple years, including standard tent sites. the kids enjoy the fishing and i love the view across the lake. we will probably be back again later in the year when the weather turns back to cold and rainy.

our favorite

this is our absolute favorite place to camp for nostalgic reasons. the creek is so clear and cold, its amazing feeling when its hot out.

unfortunately, fire season can take its toll and the whole river valley will be covered in smoke. we try to go earlier in the summer to avoid the risk when possible.

the best part is theres no cell service to distract you.

I haven't actually camped here. Just sharing pricing info.

As of 6/3/19, the Ludlow House website states that it'll cost $60 a night to stay/camp here.

This is NOT FREE dispersed camping!

Really nice for a private group experience.

My family camped here and had a great time. We took 16 people, and only took up a small section of the place. There are lots of small holes(could be snake, gofer…who knows didn't see anything). There are a couple nice trails surrounding the place and a nice watering hole across the street. There were a lot of mosquito's and the standing cooking fire pits(2) are small. The ground cooking one is surrounded by grass, so come prepared. There is a good pit for a campfire though. We love this place, kids loved it because of the huge field and the parking lot (locked gate aloud them unlimited fun). Dogs loved having free reign. I recommend this place for any family gathering or just if you want some privacy.

Great spot

Great tent camping spot. Very clean showers and restrooms that are conveniently located. The beach is just a walk away with many hiking trails to walk or climb on rocks. Brooks is just down the road and offers some awsome local shopping options.

Yurts available!

Quick access to gorgeous coastal views and beach walks, yurts available, & playground for kids

Nice Scenery

Its a nice little campground. I think its a little expensive for tent camping at $15 a night. Also the out houses are kinda weird. They aren’t normal USFS pit toilets, they are out houses.

Access to beach!

Mostly R.V. s here, great facilities and free hot showers. Nearby to beautiful and lonely beaches! Stay in a yurt!

Nice park!

The rv park was clean and well taken care of. We had full hookups and a picnic table. There is also a small playground on the property.

Not for tent camping

Extremely different from brochure! Sites on top of each other. I will not stay here again.

Peaceful family place

Bbq pits gay place to kick back and relax.

Beautifully landscapes bbq pits ,playground

Bbq pits , play ground, boat ramp, camping. Great family place

Mediocre

Most of the people staying here are long term, when we stayed there was some drama between residents and it seems some shady people tend to frequent the area. Perks are laundry, showers and bathrooms on site. Not a great place if you’re looking to get out Into nature but Grants Pass has some fun seasonal events such as boatnik with fireworks, boat racing and carnival rides/food. Pretty river town but I’ve stayed at nicer places for the same price.

Local highlights include: All sports park, boatnik, car cruises, wildlife images.

Great park!

Wonderful dog friendly park. Campground is very clean and sites are well set up. The only downside is the limited shower hours. My husband and I are early risers and the showers don’t open until 8. Really a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things.

Fabulous sunsets!

If you are very lucky, you can snag one of about four campsites with awesome ocean views (A21-24, C1). We weren't but our tent site (no hookups) did have a partial ocean view! The sites can vary greatly at this campground - we saw some with parking pads so small, it would be lucky for a Prius to fit in it but we continued to drive around to find the site we landed in that was very generous in size. You can make reservations at this park. There is a big difference in price for a tent site ($20) versus a full hookup (including sewer, which we did not need) for $30. Nice day use area with a beautiful beach (what Oregon coast beach is not beautiful?) and a great place to see a sunset (we took the Butte Trail for a high up view but I think I would have preferred being at beach level). Restrooms were clean with warm air dryers. I had read reviews that logging trucks from the nearby logging company were very noisy; we did not experience that but our site was closer to the ocean and there were sites that were closer to the highway.