Junction City, OREGON

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Junction City Camping Reviews
Pretty but:

It’s very pretty by the river but people that are long term have junk in their front yards and the managers allow that! Makes it look junky! Rules aren’t enforced

Ok

Used to be great. Last time we were there it was pretty run down

Peaceful

So relaxing and many swimming holes. Trails to walk and see the waterfalls. Very easy to moderate trails that have been pretty kept up by forestry workers and the community.

Family friendly

I have been going here since I was a little tyke with my family and have enjoyed it every time. There are tons of things to do around the campground. From Swimming and catching crawdads to hiking the old growth trail there is almost something for everyone. There are even ADA camp spots if needed. They cleared out trees and brush a few years ago and made it a little bare in places. But with a little time foliage has grown back to make the spots a little more private. We love utilizing the horse shoe pits (bring your own shoes) and the day use area if friends join us for the day. The creek if fun to play around in and you can walk all the way to the Siuslaw river with a small dammed up are where the day use are is. There is also a small boat ramp near that is used moderately. In all we love this place and will keep the tradition going by bringing our kids here every year!

I have been camping here for 25+ years now I get to take my daughter there and we love every minute of it the lake, the dunes, bike riding scooters. The staff is great and the facilities are always clean it’s a must-see park.

Standard KOA

Very standard KOA right off the highway.

Great for group camping!

We stayed here for a church group camping event.  Clean bathrooms, great sites.  Lots of room for kids to run around.  Close to the beach and a great local brewery.

Loved this campground !

I camped here 2 nights at the end of my bicycle trip down the Oregon coast (wanted to continue but had to get back to work) I had reserved the site >1 month in advance through the app (Recreation.gov) and hoped it would be a good tent site. It was pretty good but we had to get creative to find room for our 2 small tents. The campground seems more geared to mostly campers and RVs, but there are a lot of sites with good space for tents too. I highly recommend this campground and wish it was closer to my home because I want to go back again!!

Not the worst, not the best

This park has great potential, but the spaces were rather small. There was just enough room for our trailer, and not much else. We were barely able to open the door with the picnic table and fire pit halfway into the next space. Nice community areas though.

By the sea.