Altamont, OREGON

Camping Oregon Altamont

Most Recent Altamont Camping Reviews
Fantastic Fall Camping

I really enjoyed the 4 nights we stayed Nov ‘19. We fortunately had great weather, cool evenings/nights and warm days. I arrived before 5:00 without a reservation, picked a site, and called the county parks line to pay (I wasn’t thinking and didn’t have cash to pay on site). Very friendly person on the phone and very friendly camp hosts. The area is very dry right now and I look forward to camping there when there’s been some substantial rain. I didn’t use the showers, my friend did and said they were good, has a good layout. She did recommend shower shoes though. Overall I look forward to going again. It has what I want with access to things I like to do… hiking, kayaking, wine tasting, and campfires! We were in sites 24 and 25, great! The price was right too! $30/night

Free!

Free and beautiful! Great spot near Crater Lake National Park. Head down the hill to more remote tent sites.

Fantastic

This well-maintained campground is within the national monument and steps from the visitors center. We were there offseason (October), so there were only 3 other campsites taken. SItes A6 and A7 definitely have the best views. There are no hookups for RVs, but there is a water spigot at most sites, along with picnic tables and fire pits. The bathroom was super clean. The $10 camping fee is half priced if you have an annual national park pass. Staying at this campground makes it easy and possible to stay late exploring the lava tubes and getting right back to it in the morning. There’s also a hiking path that leaves right from the campground that takes you to more caves to explore (Three Sisters).

These are the ancestral lands of the Modoc people who were forcibly removed by settlers. The museum and park has excellent education and information about the horrific battle between the Modoc people and the white settlers.

Beautiful spot, close to town

We were here off season (October) so the water in the reservoir was very low. Despite seeing walls of dirt leading to the water, the view was still very pretty. Lots of stars at night. Quiet. Very exposed when heavy winds came up. I’m sure this is a super fun place to stay in the summer time — kayaking/SUP on the lake, playgrounds, and even a water park around the bend.

Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.