Altamont, OREGON

Most Recent Altamont Camping Reviews
Clean and cozy

Clean family owned. Right on the Williamson River. Showers are amazing and so clean. This is a great spot to spot in if you are passing through or need a break for a day or two. You have about 8’ from your RV door to your neighbor’s. Not much in the area to see. We will absolutely be back if we are passing through! Staff was so so friendly! Not sure about the prior reviewers experience but we did not have anything of the sort.

Awesome destination spot

RV spots are decent. Partial & full hookups. Some spots, the fire pit is right next to the neighboring trailer. There is a dump station. Boat launch. Restaurant. Good swimming beach for kids. Friendly staff. Good spot, I'd go here again.

First camp we camped in Oregon

Really nice chill camp with a lot of spots, fire pits. You can camp right by the river, only problem there are a lot of mosquitos, but hey, it's by a river

Parking, bathrooms, seasonal trails

There is no camping here, its strictly a parking lot used for bathroom use, rest area, or use of seasonal trails. If you use the trails and leave your vehicle for a long period, you must have a permit otherwise an officer will give you a ticket. There is an area to let pets out off leash and occasional pond between seasons.

Popular paved campsites

Paved campsites, pet friendly, creek, trails, handicap accessible, RV, tent, camphost stays here, shaded.

Quieter, less used than Whiskey Springs

This campground is off to the right vs going to Whiskey Springs. There are trails, flat ground, fire pits, plenty of room for tent camping & RV. This is near a logging area, so you can bring your ATVs & go on the logging roads. Occasionally bear wonders through, so bring protection, otherwise worth the camping trip.

Family friendly, with all the amenities.

Last year when I-5 was closed down due to the fires I had to take a detour and I was driving late at night and realized I wouldn’t make it to the next gas station along my route. I was stuck, nearly out of gas so I drove to Lake of the Woods resort and slept in the car from about 2am-5am, then walked the campground while I waited for the marina fuel pump to open. Very family friendly campground with looks like a popular lake for boaters. The staff at the store were very friendly and the coffee was delicious.

Beautiful Lake/Campground

The lake is beautiful! Perfect swimming temperature. Lots of fish from Bass, Rainbow Trout, Brook Trout. It's surprisingly clear too. The campground was very clean, there are 23 campsites. Each one has a USFS fire pit and a USFS water bucket for your fire. The site sizes are great for tent camping and trailer. Not much for firewood though. If you drive down the road a mile or so and just walk into the woods a little ways, you can find a bunch of decent firewood. Lots of shade and sun in most of the campsites. There are 4 pit toilets that they keep pretty clean. They also have drinkable water that comes from a spring at the top of the nearby mountain. There is a 1.5 mile hike around the lake that is completely paved. I took my wife and kids there for a few days and everybody loved it. We will definitely be back.

Really fun campground !!!

Fantastic campground. All types of cabins, tent, rv camping during Summer Season. Boating. Kid swim area. Little private beaches under the trees. Nice lodge restaraunt and bar. Outdoor bbq and music on weekends. Reserve ahead and driest come camping spots! Big families. Day rate parking too. I love this place.

The views almost make up for getting screamed at

I slept on the island, which was a unique experience. The camp ground was clean and very well maintained. Overall, a pleasant experience. That being said: I made my reservation over the phone on the same day. The lady was cordial and sounded nice over the phone when I let her know that I would be arriving later in the evening. However, when I arrived I was "greeted" by a man in a neon yellow shirt yelling at me from across the parking lot. He was telling me to leave and that I needed to "turn my *ss around and get off the property". This was very unsettling as a single woman traveling at night to an unknown campground. I replied to him by saying that I had a reservation. He shrugged and walked away, but continued to watch me set up camp at my designated campsite. I brought this up with the owner, and she made excuses for him (apparently he was the maintenance employee) , saying that they had been having problems with people using the campground as a park. Regardless, I suggested that they treat anyone who comes onto their property with kindness until they figure out whats going on. No paying guest should be yelled at. Ever. I will not be returning to this campground.

Great spot for the family!

My entire family has stayed here twice for family reunions and it has been a great spot for the entire family! They have cabins (tiny houses) for rent as well as spots for RVs! The lake is absolutely stunning and a great size for boating and fishing. The tiny cabins do have some critters living in them but as long as you don’t leave food on the counters you should be okay!

Scenic campground off the beaten path.

Indian Well Campground is the only campground inside the Lava Beds National Monument Park. It is a first come, first serve camp at an affordable $10 a night.  Go during the week to avoid not getting a spot. Has everything you need except showers. The campgrounds are maintained and have beautiful views of the surrounding area.

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

Beautiful!

It’s nice spread out kinda camp where there’s spots. Beautiful water location !

It’s a koa

Close together almost in the middle of town with building all around! Just my opinion only for emergency!

Pretty nice place

Campground is really nice and sits across from the RV section more or less. Clean bathrooms, BBQ stoves, lots of space and green grass. Come here during summer and you can even go down the water slides which is like a 5 min walk away. Cell phone service is spotty with ATT. Lake is beautiful and is pretty much right in front of you. Definitely recommend!

Hemlock

Relaxing lake. Easy drive. Bug season is about over. Stocked and ready for fishing. Camp spots are on either side of the lake with a boat ramp.

Great place to stay!

This is a great place to stay! Has everything you need even a cell phone signal but that can be spotty at times. There is a little store and restaurant that has basic items and really good pizza!

Beautiful but expensive for questionable amenities

It’s $25 a night with a $8 fee for reserving online. It’s a smallish campsite walking distance to the lake

Pros: Beautiful area Weather wasn’t too hot, plenty of shade Beautiful lake Resort next door that has a small restaurant and kayak rentals Has flush toilets Great hiking trails

Cons: Bathrooms are old, infested with spiders, grime covered. Toilet and sink was cleanish tho. The only clean bathroom was in the Day Use area. Was night and day difference. Bugs. Lots of bugs. Right by a busy road. You’ll hear traffic constantly throughout the day.

Resort next door has some janky showers and sort of friendly staff. We ate there the before leaving, chicken sandwich and fish and chips. Chicken sandwich 👌🏻 fish and chips were saturated with oil. They were heavy and wet. I tried to just eat the fish to avoid all the oil, but even the fish was oily. Even after pressing and bathing the fillet in many many napkins. My stomach regrets to inform you I still tried to eat it (and didn’t tell the server, she looked like she was having a rough day). Starting feeling sick about an hour later. 🤦🏻‍♀️ just watch what you order I guess.

Gorgeous river small damn fishing kayaking boat dock! Park / playground d for kids safe secure peaceful! Showers are amazing and clean always! The host are return host there awesome! Living the life!

Beautiful peaceful! But the bugs!

Great free campground to enjoy the beautiful calm branch of the upper Klamath lake! More like a river!

Beautiful, quiet, friendly

When we first moved to Oregon, my family and I wanted to get out of a hotel while we searched the area for housing! The staff here was friendly, and easy to work with. They have clean bathroom facilities with nice hot showers! The camp sites are a bit close, but the location is surprisingly not frequented often from what I’ve noticed. There is a boat launch, and other areas where you can simply fish off the banks. Short trails are here as well! If you’re looking for longer trails there are plenty all around that you could do a short drive to or walk along the highway (don’t worry, the camp itself is not directly on the road!). The small town of keno is not far from camp either, so if you are in need of more ice or propane, they have small town “stores” to get your essentials from! Or, if you are in need to restock larger items, Klamath Falls is only 25 mins away. There’s lots of wildlife here as well! Deer, fish, birds, rabbits, the occasional mountain lion as well. Have fun, be safe!!

Perfect spot for swimming and kayaking

Great location right on the lake. Easy trail goes around the lake to the Lake of the Woods resort and day use area where you can get food or rent boats/kayaks. Gorgeous sunset. Nice ranger on site. Bathrooms were surprisingly clean for full site. Running water and flush toilets. Would definitely recommend this place.

Lake levels

Has always been one of my favorite mountain lakes, but If your looking for recreational fun, pass. Howard Prairie is ran by Jackson county parks and rec but managed by the feds. They drain the lake for irrigation of lower fields and lakes. This causes muddy shores and sad views. No complaints with the campsites - they are spacious and depending on the time can be semi private.

Perfect spot to camp!

Multiple bathrooms, clean spaces with plenty of space, a shower, beautiful lake, and cell phone service! Went over the weekend and they have free live music at the lodge! Family and pet friendly really doesn’t get any better than this for $25 a night.

Camp 28

Beautiful view of the lake and not overcrowded! We were in camp 28, a walk-in site. Plenty of hiking trails in walking distance, the lake was warm enough to swim in. Lots of chipmunks, please don’t leave food out. Very friendly camp host. Also saw a few pelicans. The worst part was the mosquitos that attacked us! Apparently they’re only there for 3-4 weeks and we were right in the middle of it.

Woodsy riverbank near Hwy395

We stayed here at the recommendation of a friend—2 nights. Very clean bathrooms and unlimited showers. We stayed in a tenting site, with our mini Meerkat trailer, off the grid. Lots of bold chipmunks. Near the junction to go to Crater Lake, which we did as a day trip, about 45 minutes each way. Small grocery store in nearby Chiloquin. The campground is near the highway, and you can hear traffic occasionally, but there are a number of hiking trails (easy) and you can get down to the cold, clear river.

Awesome spot!

Great for group camping. Lake is great for water sports, trails all around the lake. There was a beer festival and live music on the weekend we camped at the pavilion.

Great spacious campground

Camping spot are pretty spread out which was really nice!