The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Roland , OKLAHOMA

Camping Oklahoma Roland Standard (Tent/RV)

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Roland Camping Reviews
Loved this Park!

This has to be one of my favorite campgrounds. So scenic and beautiful (even in November). Lots of trails to explore, a visitor's center, during non-pandemic times they have a swimming pool, store, and restaurant by the little lake. Love all the CCC history! The cleanest shower house I've been to in quite some time. We stayed in Camp loop A, basic sites. We were right by Lee Creek, so we enjoyed "babbling brook" sounds all night! The spots are spacious and well-shaded, and offer a level gravel tent pad at each site. The ONLY suggestion I can make is to bring a small shovel to clean out the fire rings, because ours looked like it hadn't been cleaned all season. Six inches of wet ash isn't conducive for building a nice campfire.

Gorgeous

I would have given this a 5 plus star review, however, when we booked it they failed to tell us the bathrooms and showers had been locked for the season! Would have been good information to know considering we were in a pop up. Lots of peeing in the woods and driving to town to 💩. All that aside, gorgeous view! Loved being able to walk to the rocky beach and fish! Quiet and beautiful. We had a great time!

Camping with history

This wasn’t the first visit to Devil’s Den but it was the first time camping there. The campsites in the basic loop are well positioned and spacious. The shower house is probably the nicest and cleanest one we’ve come across this year. If you are looking to disconnect from the modern world, then this is the place. No WiFi or cell service in the campsite but there is free WiFi up the road at the visitor center. The visitor center is staffed by very knowledgeable and friendly staff. They sell everything from snacks, patches, t shirts to firewood. The many trails are clearly marked and range in distance from a quarter mile to fifteen miles. The trails are easy to moderate, with some amazing sites along the way. The park was built in the 1930s by the CCC and many of the structures are still in use today. You can also see evidence of the lifestyle these young men had while building the park. This is one campground we will definitely be returning to in the future.

Perfect Getaway

We bought our first camper this year and have loved staying at Devil's Den. We made 4 trips there and enjoyed each one. The RV sites have full hookups and most are well shaded. There's easy access to Lee Creek and trails that lead from the campground around to the dam, pool and gift shop.

They also have a horse camp, tent camping, cabins and camper cabins. Whether you're looking to relax or explore one of the many hiking trails, there's something for everyone!

Primative but picturesque

Wile this is a campsite in the realest sense of the word, it is a great intro to dispersed camping. There are camp spots but limited facilities. Very nice

Camping in the Fall

Nice campground, clean and at this time of the year and/or due to COVID, no one camping but us! Campsites are close together. Our visit was a day trip to scout out sites for future visits, and we parked in site 52 of the Chickasaw loop. A few day users came mid afternoon, and several boats were out trolling and fishing. Reservations made online. The reservation website said 5:00 p.m. check in, but we got in around 10:00 a.m. Campground closes December 8 and reopens March 31.

Off Roading Mecca

Byrd’s adventure Campground is a 4x4 playground with lots off off road to choose from. There is additional fee for off roading due to private property. The campground is offered lots of shade but also offered open land for RV and primitive camping. They do have a restaurant and always seems to be packed for breakfast and dinner. If you want to get down dirty and muddy then this is place to go in a rainy weekend.

Great place to stay

Stayed 2 nights in A Loop. 30 Amp hook upwithsome of the best water I have ever had. Only 35 ppm on my zero water tester. Bottled water has had more than 75 ppm. Looking forward to coming back again.

Decent

I didn't come here out of choice, but out of necessity to stay with my friends as we were going to float. Our campsite was tucked in behind the stage and very near the restrooms.

The restrooms were nice, but could have been laid out way better and more efficient. One toilet in the men's and as a tall guy…when the door touches you when you sit……well that isn't great. The showers were large and worked well.

There is a disc golf course on site, which I can only assume can be played when the campsite attendance is low.

I did see a few RVs, I am not sure on hookups, but they were right next to the bathroom.

I believe they do charge by car, so I paid for 1 person what a family of 4 pays. Not sure how I feel, but it is what it is.

In the middle of nowhere beautiful!

This place was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! So beautiful with all the pine trees and being so far out from everything. The closest store/town is about 45 minutes so be sure to bring everything you need with you. Super close to the Talimena Scenic Drive and Horse Thief Spring and plenty of ATV/UTV trails. The park hosts were amazing and came to check on us throughout our stay. The park was still under construction for upgrades and repairs to their septic systems and equipment but didn’t bother us. We will DEFINITELY be returning with friends because it’s just to pretty not too!!!!