Camping in Pine Grove

213 Reviews of 79 Pine Grove, Ohio Campgrounds

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

KOA Ashland

KOA staff was very friendly and accommodating. We were able to stay extra days with out any problems. It was A practice run for us since we just started camping . For our first adventure every thing worked out fine. The campground has miniature golf , A playground, A fenced area for dogs a pond and…

Sitesite 16
Shawnda K.
Reviewed Jun. 17, 2021

Worst koa I have been to

Rude! Employee even warned us that the owner is a bitty!! Nothing to do!! Save your time and money!!

Siteru3
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Beach Area

I haven’t camped here yet but I love their beach area. It’s small and easy to keep track of small children. The scenery is beautiful as well

CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Free!

Loud road noise, but for free electric hookup, it’s worth it.

Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

Ok

It was a nice location with nice scenery but the campsites are packed in like sardines when I go camping I want space from people that doesn’t happen when everyone is packed into the campsites. The other campers were nice but there were also some that weren’t.

Pooch
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Almost like home

The couple that run this campground are awesome! They made me feel like I grew up there and was back to visit old friends. The Memorial Day celebration pig roast with live music and even a huge fireworks display were amazing. I'm planning on returning for the 4th of July celebration pig roast. …

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

It's ok

Sites are not very level but they are separated somewhat. Don't eat at the lodge... I've had better food at Speedway gas station.

Reviewed May. 29, 2021

Lots of good sites

Not far from home, and good choices of type of sites. Biggest negative is no wifi or cell service. But quiet, family friendly, and some sites away from activities to chill out at too.

Sallie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 9, 2021

Nice

Longs Family Retreat was nice. There are more seasonal campers here than I expected. Nevertheless, they were nice and friendly. Our site was right by the creek and there was plenty of space.

The children had an awesome time. There are several water activities for them to enjoy. Nice and peaceful.

Jackson B.
Reviewed May. 6, 2021

Rustic and simple

I LOVE camping here, unlike a lot of camp grounds they're actually within the woods so you feel like you're actually part of the forest and the nature. It's a simple place, they have showers and restrooms. The hiking trails are scenic and pretty and the lake while not overly big, is clean and great…

Siteiron ridge
Cody B.
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Awesome place

Great little camp ground. Quiet, clean, and affordable. Most of the trails and caves are only seconds away.

G
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Nice park, but tent sites are a joke

The camp site we reserved wasn’t where it wasn’t indicated on the map. It had no fire ring or picnic table and the person in the site next to our site had his tent in our site because his site had a bunch of trees in his and where his tent should have gone the people in the next site had put their…

Site108 first site but moved to 119
A
Reviewed Apr. 23, 2021

Peaceful!

It’s such a peaceful place to visit. Kids can play without worry.

K
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Nice isolated state park

Very easy to reserve on phone. Price very reasonable. Has only outhouses, but clean and stocked.

• View of lake
Rob G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 18, 2021

Great spot and easy to find!

With that being said, there was good and bad. The good was I found a spot quickly and had 2 entire ponds to myself. The bad was locals firing guns for the hell of it for an hour straight and the trash left behind from the previous campers. Once night fall hit everything was quiet so I couldn't…