Bethel, OHIO

Most Recent Bethel Camping Reviews
Corona Camping

1st trip of season. Great campground site 80. Only camper in that section. Very pleased with site and campground. Would highly recommend

Great camp ground

Nice paved spots with electric or full hook ups. Good trails, 20 min from mall and restaurants, nice lake, bathrooms, and plenty of shade.

Family Friendly

A great family getaway. Lots of camp sights, convenient playgrounds, putt putt, nature center, trails and climbing area. Bathrooms were standard & bring shower shoes. Otherwise fantastic.

Eh, Not Like It Used To Be

The trails used to be really nice maybe it’s just an off season but was not impressed with the amount of trash in the water and in the trails itself. Otherwise if you can overlook the trash, it’s decent 🚮😕

REAL Bison 😳

Great Attraction, you can walk the trails and even get the excitement of seeing REAL LIVE BISON. Pretty sweet experience!

Huge Park with Lots of Hidden Adventures 🌼

The park itself is giant, it ranges from the Gorge to the Fossil Collecting Area, to the campground and lake itself, and also Pioneer Village. Pioneer Village is like a miniature blast from the past as you walk around an entire village of homes and other little gems of the town. Upcoming they will have a pancake brunch and even an Easter egg hunt for the family! You can also go fossil collecting once you get a permit to do so, lots of fun! The Gorge has trails that connect to this area as well, and the Gorge is a beautiful place to just unwind and relax as well as walk trails. Hope you enjoy the photos and the little fella we found at Pioneer Village 💜🌻

To many hunters

Why is hunting with guns allowed in this campground?

Quiet Campground with Trees and Shade

Ranger Review: Morsel Spork at Pike Lake State Park

Campground Review:

We stayed at site 67 next to the camp host. The camp site was nicely shaded with a small creek behind it. We had a lot of shade and didn't feel like we were on top of our neighbors. Not all the sites were as spacious as ours so be careful which one you choose. In fact, there was one so small, I'm not sure where a tent would go…maybe plan on sleeping in your vehicle? The campground has drop toilets in a few spots (very clean) and up front they had a great shower house. There were four in total that had the toilet and shower all in one. There are baby changing stations in each of them as well. They were kept nice and clean. We walked up to the camp store which had a ton of items. If you forgot to bring it, they probably had it. There are two playgrounds, one in the campground and one right across the way. There is a small pond/lake that has a beach you can kayak or canoe and fish (renting them is an option). We like to hike and there were plenty of trails to follow. Some of the trails are horse and some are not. There is no cell phone service - we didn't get service until we were on our hike on top of the hill. We will definitely go back again.

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get products to test from time to time- today I am testing the Morsel Spork and Morsel XL. I was able to get 4 products. I ordered 2 Morsel Sporks and 2 Morsel XL. I got green (my favorite color) and my husband got blue. They stay in our kitchen box that we use for camping. For dinner we had a salad and mashed potatoes with Backpackers Shepherd Pie. The fork part of the spork was used for the salad and did just fine. I then used the spoon part of the spork to scrape up the small leftovers (cheese, crouton crumbs, etc.), it cleaned up really well. My husband was able to use the XL Spork to stir in the Backpackers bag, and guess what? It reached the bottom without his hand having to go deep inside to reach the bottom. The rubber edge on the spoon part is like having your own little spatula to make sure you get every last piece of your food. In the morning we had Biscuits and Gravy (in a bag) and again we used the XL Spork and ate right out of the bag instead of dirtying more dishes. They are dishwasher safe, but as my husband tells you, it's clean…I just licked everything off.

I'd recommend getting a Morsel Spork - find the size you need, they have a few to choose from.

Quiet friendly

Nice place to stay. We had booked a site for a weekend but when we got there we were informed that the site was double booked and the woman we talked to worked a miracle and got us a site. I'd defiantly go back. All sites had full hookups, very clean bathrooms and shower rooms.

Excellent staff, well maintained

While the tent spots did not have a lot of shade, the sites are close to the lake and make for some wonderful sunsets. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and all in all it was a great stay. We rented bikes from the camp store and swam at the beach which was conveniently close to the tent sites. Lots of fun and 10/10 would return again. I'm excited to come back and see how the young trees they have growing in the tent sites take off.