Alliance, OHIO

Camping Ohio Alliance

Most Recent Alliance Camping Reviews
Great access to water and hiking activites

This location is pretty great, especially since it's very close to Pittsburgh. You can go canoeing, hiking, swimming, and camping! There is even a nice snack bar during the summer! I only gave it 4/5 stars because it does not feel as remote as I like for when I  go camping to get away from the city!

Busy campground

Super loud campground. Closest area to camp to the National Park. Nice shaded tent sites but you’ll have to haul your stuff uphill & then it’s not too private.

Camper friendly.

I camp at West Branch often. I have a kayak so I tend to choose the sites  that allow easy access to a put in. The shower house and bathrooms are always clean. There is a double sink outside of the shower house to do dishes in. The lake accommodates jet skis, power boats, fishing boats, kayaks and SUPs. There are no wake zones available. Family friendly, safe environment.

A nice spot to enjoy a sunset

Camp here all the time. Close to home and very convenient Park is always clean and there are many sites with a view of the reservoir.

Great Place to Escape.

Never a bad time here.

Very interesting.

Beautiful scenery, very large park, fishing, boat rentals, man made beach, loooong floating boardwalk, lots of trails, unique sites and tons of history. It was very fun walking around while learning some of the very old and somewhat creepy history. The lodge/hotel is beautiful and very old. Very nice looking cabins arranged in a little community. The park is very well maintained, has a nice playground and cute camp store. A good amount of secluded and shaded sites. Really cool "hill" sites that you have to hike up or down 20-100 feet to your wooded site. Wifey says the bathrooms were below average, outdated and very buggy (most important for her).

Cute campground

We chose this park because it was the closest one we could find that was still open with electric this time of year to downtown Pittsburgh. Also, because it had great cell/internet service on our hotspots and had a lot of trails. Unfortunately, it had been raining a lot so we weren’t able to explore the trails. The campground is nice– the toilets are just pit toilets and they do have a sun shower. They are on a well so there is limited water and they don’t allow you to fill up your on board tank. Make sure you fill up before you go! Also, there is a road in the park (Echo Dell Road) that RV’s/Trailers can’t go on so make sure you approach this campground from Leslie Road!

Lovely and quiet

When the campgrounds in the National Park were filled and I needed a place to land for the night, I ended up at Heritage Farms in a sunny shelter with a beautiful landscape of growing Christmas trees and gorgeous sunset. The shelter was clean, had a picnic table, and trash can. Porta johns were available, though not very close. It was a bit more expensive than many campgrounds at $35 per night but I was so happy and comfortable there that I thought it was worth it.

Family Fun at this beautiful campground!

My family and I love Raccoon Creek State Park! It's beautiful and has everything you need for a great trip! Well maintained park with tons of stuff to do. They make sure the lake is readily stocked with fish. If your up for it I recommend the trails also. The wild flower reservation also has great trails.They have affordable boat rentals and the beach area is a nice spot to spend a day to relax. Camping is also great here. I've camped with my family several times with no complaints. The park rangers are also extremely helpful and very clear with the rules they want you to follow. Great fun for anyone!Lovely picnic areas. The bathrooms weren't the cleanest but I've seen worse! There were a lot of loud campers late at night(way after 11, even beyond as late as 12:30 am). Other than that, great!

Nice spot overall

The site sits up on a ridge overlooking the scenic railroad. Not extremely private. You can see a parking lot and hikers walking by at the bottom. Being higher up on the ridge helped make it feel a bit more secluded. There’s a big container fire chamber, bathrooms and water down at the bottom. Overall we really enjoyed, would be back.