Arkansas River - Terry Lock and Dam, NORTH DAKOTA
Most Recent Arkansas River - Terry Lock and Dam Camping Reviews
Hiking ready!

Great little campsite a little out of the way. Multiple off grid spot as well many with electric hook ups. Amazing trail for hiking. Kid friendly.

No Phone Service

Great campsites through out the park. Cell service is very limited, makes it a very quiet weekend. Nice trail and a cool bench 🤫

Great place to camp

This Army Corp campground is out favorite, there are three other Army Corp campgrounds around Lake Ashtabula but this one is the best. Spots are secluded and shaded. Beautiful beach for swimming and a nice playground to keep the kids entertained. Spots are gravel so there is no mud to deal with. They also have a great fishing pier. Only negative thing I can say is the rules are not enforced when it comes to pets on leashes, while I walking my pup, (on a leash) we had dogs run at us from two different camp sites. One was right in front of the host and nothing was said to the dog owner. It was frustrating because the rest of our stay I didn't dare walk my pup, she needed to stay at camp on her lead. This is a common problem at campgrounds I have found.

Super Clean with an Older Crowd

Maticulatly cared for campground, safe, friendly, a nice place to rest, small but pretty walking trail that the kids can bike. Mosquitoes in August.

Poorly behaved campers

Have to give this a low review from the experience we had while staying the night of July 6th. It was a full campground and might of been nice with the exception of several groups staying at the campground. Teens staying up till 3pm being loud and racing around on a golf cart. Intoxicated adults taking lap after lap around the campground in the back of a pickup yelling and swearing at campers that didn't wave back to them. Another group in the campground setting off fireworks until midnight. Zero attempts by camp host to quiet these individuals. Our group of Scouts were besides themselves and have no desire to ever camp in North Dakota again. Other wise this might have been a nice place to stay.

Quiet and Clean!!

Quiet place with very friendly staff. Don’t forget the great eats from the Dak.

Spacious, clean, and beautiful

Wifi is at the visitors center, there’s almost 20 miles of trails to walk on and the scenery at night is beautiful! Sodbuster Days, Halloween in June and Christmas in July is a must. Also the historical building in the area is a cool thing to see!

Beautiful Location

Very nice riverside campground, relatively small but easy to get campers into spots. Our camper is 36' long and had no issues. Very nice play area for the kids, next to a large covered picnic area for the adults. everyone was very friendly and the view over the river was beautiful.

Family Favorite

I camp here often with my family. Even when the campground is full, it is still quiet. Lots of area to walk. My kids live fishing here.

Confused but good

We had paid for the campsite before we got there, and when we got there, there was no camp host and absolutely no one at the campground. We were confused because across the lake we could see at least 10 tents set up. I also thought $26 was a little steep to stay the night.

The camp ground had many trees though, which i love. And it was very close to the boat ramp, we liked the camp ground, but i imagine if the campground were full that it would be very crowded. Also it had recently rained and the campsites down hill (closest to the lake) had puddles of water.

Simple site in farmland

Not far from the wildlife refuge and highway 94. Very simple campground, really only fishing here. This was a simple stayover for us and it worked for that…I wouldn’t recommend it as a destination unless you want to fish all day.

Yay: full bait house and cafe, swimming (not the best swimming ever), cabin options too.

Nay: it’s deep in farm country so doesn’t feel as much like a park, small sites

Surprise: the sunrise over the lake made this memorable. No idea what "Toad Suck Ferry Pool" means lol.

Time travel to the pioneer days

Very green park with alot of history, including a preserved farm about early white settlers. We met some people who were staying here with their horses - how fun! Wide open green spaces, lovely. We didn’t explore much of the park unfortunately. We really wished we had rented a canoe or kayak (from the park) but it was a holiday weekend so they were all gone by the time we sauntered out of the tent near noon.

Yay: basic cafe, easy canoeing, nature center, educational, easy hikes.

Nay: campsites are not private or shady, only a few are next to the water.

Surprise: the camp staff were especially great with lots of stories to entertain the preschooler and grandma!

Jamestown reservoir campground

We spent 43 days here last summer. Well kept campground. Hosts are the nicest people you will meet and extremely helpful. You will have to change sites every 14 days if you are going to be staying a long time. Book early as it is a popular area. Full bathroom with showers. Hosts keep it clean but unfortunately some people are pigs.