The best RV SITES camping near
Moravian Falls , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Moravian Falls Camping Reviews
Fall in the Blue Ridge

We stayed in October and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. Very friendly and helpful staff. Wooded sites that were fairly level and a mix of pull through and back in.

Excellent location

The location next to the reservoir is awesome. Rode the bike trails and loved it. Did some kayaking too. The actual campsites can be a bit tricky to park but overall great time

Best family campground

We had the best weekend at Steele Creek! We went the 3rd weekend in October and the fall leaf color was gorgeous! The close proximity to Linville Falls, Blowing Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway was perfect. We will definitely be back to explore the area more. It was cool outside but we saw several kids playing in the creek and it looked fun. We will have to come back in the summer to enjoy the water.

Great Family tent camping

Took a last minute trip with the family and we were not disappointed. I grew up camping but my wife has never been. I knew I would have to pick a spot that would change her opinion about camping. On our way home she was already looking for camping arrangements for next season.

We stayed at Camp 5 which was gravel and came in handy when it rained, no muddy mess packing up. I believe all the tent grounds had gravel. The fire pit had a great grate for cooking in our cast iron pans and the picnic table was a huge plus. Bathrooms were clean and the Host were extremely friendly and can answer all of your questions from the campground to local things to do.

Things I wish I had- more twine/rope to hang rain fly (trees are far apart). Bring firewood from the local grocery store, Food City, in Chilhowie. An axe to cut some of that wood into smaller pieces. I had it but remember to bring cash to pay for your stay. I’m not sure if they take cards, we arrived at 9pm and had to fill out an envelope and place in a drop box. Also, at the time of this review, the gates absolutely close at 10pm to 7am. Make sure you are in/out of the gates in time.

Great campground for seasoned campers and even better for beginners.

Nice experience

Took the dw and kids for first trip here. Everything cleane and staff helpful.

What An Experience!

If you are looking for a campground that is quiet and secluded - this is your place!

We are a tent camping family so we stayed in Section “A.” It was really quiet, everyone was respectful of quiet hours. The bathhouse was very well maintained and clean. Never out of soap or toilet paper - biggest plus were the hot showers!

The campsites were spaced out perfectly with enough natural separation from trees, bushes, etc. The campsites were also pretty large, at least ours was. Just make sure you read the size of the campsite before you book because we noticed a sizes difference amongst all them.

I read a lot of reviews about cellphone service prior to coming, and they were all pretty accurate. My husband and I have Verizon wireless, and we had about 2 bars of LTE (when we weren’t connected to the wifi at the campground) which was enough service to call family and friends, but not enough to text or load any apps.

Overall, huge recommend. So much to do, so peaceful, relaxing, and super scenic. P.S. the blue ridge parkway in the fall is something out of a fairytale, just gorgeous.

Great Place

Needed a campsite quick and Utt's really helped us out. We tent camped but this also looks like a great place for RV's. Friendly people and pretty property.

Great Place

Loved this park

We spent 14 nights here Oct 2020. Not one day where we disappointed. Beautiful park with full hook ups. People here where super friends and there are people working on the park keeping it clean everyday. Super close to town to go get dinner and supplies. Very close to Boone, Blowing Rock and the Blue Ridge Parkway. If you want a great Mexican meal go to Dos Amigos. We went three times because it was just that good.

Beautiful area

Semi private sites for tents. Some RV sites are on the edge of the road. Clean restrooms and showers. Great hiking trails nearby beginning in the campground. Dog friendly. If you have a National park pass you get a discount.