Camping in Martins Store

288 Reviews of 33 Martins Store, North Carolina Campgrounds

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hiker heaven

This is my go to park to hike. So many trails of all lengths. Historic homestead, amazing waterfalls, hiking, backpacking & climbing.

SiteC
Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Can’t reach anyone!☹️

I have reach out to this location 3 times 2 times by phone and 1 time by email. However I have not received any response from them at all. I really want to see how this location is it appears nice…. The website states they are working with limited spots since they wanted first responders and such….…

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

Bryan H.
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Nice getaway !

My wife and I have been hunting for a new close camp ground. We may have a winner! Midway RV is very clean, quiet and friendly. The pool is fantastic and close to areas to go shopping or sightseeing.

• front porch view
  • front porch view
  • pull thru sights
Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Great Campground

This is wooded campground a short distance off of I-40. Beautiful pool with bounce house and playground. Concrete pads. Quiet at night. Great for relaxation.

Sitesite 19
Sally C.

Nice Place For Overnight

Very nice private campground for overnight RV stay. Full hookups, clean and level spaces. Neighbors are close, but not too bad. Little shade, no swimming, nothing much here. A couple catch & release ponds.

• Stayed in site #7 on our way south.
N
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Highly recommend for a quiet relaxing trip!

Beautiful small campground and everything is done top notch! Prettiest bath house I've ever seen! Pull thru sites with concrete pads. No leveling needed. Couldn't be easier to pull in and set up. Very quiet.

• Pilot Mountain view
  • Bathhouse
Dave V.The Dyrt PRO User

Andy Griffith's favorite haunt with Helen Crump

I have driven past geological knob numerous times in my NC travels, but this time I was able to visit. I usually travel 'by the seat of my pants' and hope to find an available site and being early week I was able to easily secure a site.

Of the 42 campsites, less than a dozen were filled, so I had…

• Entrance Sign
  • Pretty self explanatory
  • Trail signage
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Great well thought out park

The sites are spacious and pristine. Level sites with view of mountains. Each site has mosaic picnic table and fire pit. All sites are fhu and level. We definitely will be back.

• site 16 is the best!
  • Mountain View
Darrell W.
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great for a short trip

What a great campground. The bath house/restrooms are very nice and the campsite was very well shaded. The walk to the lake was not bad at all. We only stayed a couple of nights so we did not venture out much. Cool place to go

fletcher6531 The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Salthouse branch va

This is a quite place way back in the mountains of Southern Virginia. The roads going into the campground is very narrow and steep up and downs. My breaks were gone by the time I got to the entrance. Mostly boaters go here to camp and mostly locals. The site has water, 50,30,and 110 hookups. No…

Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2021

Pretty campground, great hiking, lame lake

Nice campground with spacious campground sites. If you like hiking... this park is perfect! Hanging rock is a beautiful spot.. go early cuz it gets busy. Lots of waterfalls as well.

But if you want the lake you’ll have to pay extra per person to use. As well as rent boats & boards...…

WThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Love this Park

I have stayed at Morrow Mountain many times over the last 10 years. It is close to home and very convenient for me. While the facilities are aged, they are clean and work well. And if you really want to be away it is great!! The cell service is very poor.