Camping in Jenkins Place

Recent Reviews Near Jenkins Place, North Carolina

2038 Reviews of 623 Jenkins Place, North Carolina Campgrounds

Marta S.The Dyrt PRO User

LOVE LOVE LOVE

We stayed at three different campsites throughout our trip (went backpacking 4 days, 3 nights - could have just set up camp and day hiked, buttttt didn't necessarily think that through).

The first campsite we stayed at was on the Green Valley Trail, the second one was on the Panthertown…

• Green Valley campsite
linz N.The Dyrt PRO User

Great escape!

Spacious tent only/walk in only spots. During the week is best!! Great low key/high elevation spot….I chose the walk in/tent only spot Be prepared to hike some stuff up and down a muddy trail! Awesome to me!

SiteH tent only
Cass N.The Dyrt PRO User

Great little hiding spot

The people here are wonderful I would highly recommend

SiteLast one
Meredith B.
Reviewed Jul. 23, 2021

Beautiful place on the river

Gorgeous sites, lots of kids activities, pool, and close to Mingo Falls. Our site said it would fit a 32 ft camper and it really doesn’t; we had a super hard time getting in and thought we might have to leave. So just beware that your site might not be as big as stated. That’s my only reason why it…

Site134B
IThe Dyrt PRO User

Great Location

We had a great time at Kirklands Creek Campground. The amenities were great, location was fantastic and Jason (Camp Host) went above and beyond to make sure our stay was very pleasurable. We will definitely come back.

SiteRV Site
TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

NPS campground by the river

Perfect campground by the river. Spacious sites decently separated, super friendly host, several hiking trails starting right around the corner. We had two wonderful nights here and would recommend the campground to anyone looking for a quiet stay in Smoky Mountain NP.

SiteH5
Asher K.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful and Well Maintained

This is a really nice and well-kept RV campsite near Cullasaja Falls. Many of the RV sites are more permanent and have built structures, but some are also set up with concrete pads for driving in. They also have a fun covered space for hanging out and building fires when the weather is not great.…

Jeffrey S.
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2021

Rivers Edge Rv Pigeon Forge Tn.

Very crowded and close together. Of course it's late July and families are vacationing. A lot of kids.

SiteTN.
Camella C.The Dyrt PRO User

Beautiful views

One of my all time favorites! It’s situated atop a ridge, so most sites have amazing views and the weather is cool in the summer. We have had mice issues in the past, so I do recommend storing food in mouse-proof containers. Also great for seeing elk. Located in the MST so you can hike directly…

Camella C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Depends on where you camp!

We have stayed here a few times, and it makes a big difference where you camp.

Apple tree and dogwood loops are congested & poorly vegetated, thus not feeling private at all.

Poplar (the only generator-free loop!) is wooded and spaced nicely. Our large van fit very comfortably. Highly…

Sitepoplar 110
L

Great camping

There are three things that make a great campground. Clean bathrooms and sites. Level tent pads. A quiet relaxing atmosphere. The staff was friendly and helpful. Location is outstanding. You will forget you are only 10 minutes from downtown Asheville.

SiteT2
Renata L.The Dyrt PRO User

Friendly staff, spacious sites

I enjoyed staying here. I mentioned to the host lady that I’d like a site not too close to other folks to be able to rest and have some privacy. Since they had availability she put me on a spacious site by the creek. I love staying at campgrounds with lots of green vegetation and this one has it,…

Shawn B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Great Place Next to the River

Great place, love the river. Fireflies every night and within walking/biking distance of a great little town with a coffee shop, brewery, and a few restaurants.

SiteRV full hook ups
Doug and Terri C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2021

Family Friendly

We love this campground and often visit, this year we had our family reunion. It was the first time many had seen a campground and they utilized the deluxe cabins. Everyone had a wonderful time and loved the resort like amenities. They took a vote and decided to make this our annual destination.